LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 233 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

"He had a good, strong camp. He made an impression on the coaches enough to get back to me."

Well, looks like I'm about to tear down all of the Great Wall of China with this Purdy news 😍.

Im such a huge fan of this kid. I honestly can't think of one bad thing about Brock, honestly. There are some habits he needs to clean up and things he needs to get a little better at, but outside of that, it's insanely impressive.

Only real concern is how his arm will heal, which I'm not too concerned about either. Just hopefully the timetable holds!
Originally posted by tankle104:

"He had a good, strong camp. He made an impression on the coaches enough to get back to me."

Well, looks like I'm about to tear down all of the Great Wall of China with this Purdy news 😍.

Im such a huge fan of this kid. I honestly can't think of one bad thing about Brock, honestly. There are some habits he needs to clean up and things he needs to get a little better at, but outside of that, it's insanely impressive.

Only real concern is how his arm will heal, which I'm not too concerned about either. Just hopefully the timetable holds!

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

There's no reason for John or Kyle to say Brock is QB1 if he's not

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Are you not reading this thread? I've literally been quoted by someone saying that it's debunked that Brock is QB1 lmao

I said what was debunked was that it's set in stone. It is not, as it depends on how Trey and Sam play and how long Brock is out.

So, no QB1 is ever set in stone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol NY clearly tried to go against me when I mention Brock as QB1.

No he didnt.

So Brock is QB1 in your opinion?

Yes Woo....if Brock is healthy, he is the QB1. I have stated that many many times. Most posters have said the same. That doesnt mean he will be all season, or that he will even start the season healthy. But if he is ready to go, he is our guy.

Thats why this "debate" is so fascinating. There literally isnt a single person out there who is advocating for Trey to be our starter over a healthy Purdy. Not a one But people are arguing against that idea, as if its being said ad nauseum. It hasnt even been said at all.

I have no idea what NY is advocating for to be honest.

Well one thing you can be very clear on is the fact that he is NOT advocating Lance should be anointed the QB1 over a healthy Purdy.

Thats why I just dont understand this "debate." It isnt Kap vs. Alex. Because everyone is behind one guy. There is just cause for being cautious about it because Purdy is rehabbing.

I already explain multiple times what I was saying

Oh I know.

Who is They and who We and what are the sides?

I have not seen this explained.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Qb 1 🤘🤘
Originally posted by tankle104:

lmao

Agree. His arm getting back to 100 is my main concern.
Who is They and who We and what are the sides?

I have not seen this explained.

The anti-Lance, anti-Purdy, and anti-Sam guys, duh
Ron wishes.

On Tuesday, Rivera noted that Howell has some qualities that remind him of a quarterback who was drafted a couple of rounds after Howell last year.

"We think Sam will be a good football player. We really do," Rivera said at the annual league meeting, via John Keim of ESPN. "I don't think this is as much a wild shot as people think it is. Part of it is because you watch a young man like [San Francisco's Brock] Purdy have the season he had last year and you'd like to think, 'Wow, we have a guy with that same type of ability and skill set.'"
It kills you guys to say Brock is QB1 lol. Yes if Trey or Sam surprise the hell out of everyone they could keep the job, but until then it's pretty clear who the QB1 is

What are you even talking about? The only reason I'm not calling him QB1 is the coach hasn't., which is to say that he actually isn't yet. Are you doing ok? Were you damaged at some point? Why the need?
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Mar 28, 2023 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
It kills you guys to say Brock is QB1 lol. Yes if Trey or Sam surprise the hell out of everyone they could keep the job, but until then it's pretty clear who the QB1 is

What are you even talking about? The only reason I'm not calling him QB1 is the coach hasn't., which is to say that he actually isn't yet. Are you doing ok? Were you damaged at some point? Why the need?

They literally said he earned that right. Why would they see he's the starter if he's not?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ron wishes.

On Tuesday, Rivera noted that Howell has some qualities that remind him of a quarterback who was drafted a couple of rounds after Howell last year.

"We think Sam will be a good football player. We really do," Rivera said at the annual league meeting, via John Keim of ESPN. "I don't think this is as much a wild shot as people think it is. Part of it is because you watch a young man like [San Francisco's Brock] Purdy have the season he had last year and you'd like to think, 'Wow, we have a guy with that same type of ability and skill set.'"

Not only did we hit the jackpot, but it's going to allow other teams to waste playing time chasing late round longshots.

4D chess.

Paging Steve Wallace

Paging Steve Wallace

I think he actually agrees with this line of thinking. As long as Kyles says Trey has a chance, their comments about Brock being the starter do not matter lol.

If they thought Trey really had that big of a chance to win the job , they would not be going around touting Mr. irrelevant as the starter. There would be no reason for that
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 28, 2023 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ron wishes.

Lmao oh now anyone can be Purdy? The disrespect. Purdy def has changed how late rounds QBs will be looked at for a while. Usually drafting anyone later than the second round was considered a super duper long shot. Now any clown drafted can be like Purdy.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

There's no reason for John or Kyle to say Brock is QB1 if he's not

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Are you not reading this thread? I've literally been quoted by someone saying that it's debunked that Brock is QB1 lmao

I said what was debunked was that it's set in stone. It is not, as it depends on how Trey and Sam play and how long Brock is out.

Yep. Like I said, there isnt anyone who is saying Brock wouldnt be QB1 if completely healthy....no matter how much the anti-Trey guys try to make it sound like its happening. Its not.

Yeah, I'm thinking that some just come here for the sake of arguing. At actual games, surrounded by thousands of Niners fans, people aren't arguing with each other everywhere. Before I was following this site, I had no clue this was a thing. . But it is. A real thing.

We're not discussing who is QB1 now. We're discussing who will be QB1 for the season, and that cannot be known until we see how Sam and Trey do while Brock is out.
Share 49ersWebzone