There are 282 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol NY clearly tried to go against me when I mention Brock as QB1.

No he didnt.

So Brock is QB1 in your opinion?

Yes Woo....if Brock is healthy, he is the QB1. I have stated that many many times. Most posters have said the same. That doesnt mean he will be all season, or that he will even start the season healthy. But if he is ready to go, he is our guy.

Thats why this "debate" is so fascinating. There literally isnt a single person out there who is advocating for Trey to be our starter over a healthy Purdy. Not a one But people are arguing against that idea, as if its being said ad nauseum. It hasnt even been said at all.

I have no idea what NY is advocating for to be honest.

Well one thing you can be very clear on is the fact that he is NOT advocating Lance should be anointed the QB1 over a healthy Purdy.

Thats why I just dont understand this "debate." It isnt Kap vs. Alex. Because everyone is behind one guy. There is just cause for being cautious about it because Purdy is rehabbing.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Well one thing he certainly is against is giving Darnold first team reps in a competition for the QB2 spot. That's why this rep splitting argument is happening. It's a reluctance to accept the situation. He wants to see Lance given an opportunity. It's not groundbreaking.

This is where I differ from NY. I would like to see Lance earn the opportunity to lead this team. Not given it. BP the word they used is he earned it.

No he didnt.

Yes Woo....if Brock is healthy, he is the QB1. I have stated that many many times. Most posters have said the same. That doesnt mean he will be all season, or that he will even start the season healthy. But if he is ready to go, he is our guy.

Thats why this "debate" is so fascinating. There literally isnt a single person out there who is advocating for Trey to be our starter over a healthy Purdy. Not a one But people are arguing against that idea, as if its being said ad nauseum. It hasnt even been said at all.

Well one thing you can be very clear on is the fact that he is NOT advocating Lance should be anointed the QB1 over a healthy Purdy.

Thats why I just dont understand this "debate." It isnt Kap vs. Alex. Because everyone is behind one guy. There is just cause for being cautious about it because Purdy is rehabbing.

I am not sure what is being debated either and I have no idea what NY is all upset about or who are the We/Them Sides he refers to repeatedly.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
This is where I differ from NY. I would like to see Lance earn the opportunity to lead this team. Not given it. BP the word they used is he earned it.

And that's a different expectation than what comes through in NY's posts. What does come through is Lance needs to get an opportunity otherwise there was no point in drafting him. He's obviously not alone in that feeling. That's also why there are arguments about whether or not the team views Brock as QB1 and plan A for the future. Because that concept removes the opportunity from Lance outside of injury like we're dealing with now. Having a 3rd qb in the mix to compete for at least the backup role just exacerbates the issue. If Lance can't play well enough to take the job his opportunity is over, and almost everyone agrees that he would need real playing time to get to that level. It's a catch -22 for Lance.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

And that's a different expectation than what comes through in NY's posts. What does come through is Lance needs to get an opportunity otherwise there was no point in drafting him. He's obviously not alone in that feeling. That's also why there are arguments about whether or not the team views Brock as QB1 and plan A for the future. Because that concept removes the opportunity from Lance outside of injury like we're dealing with now. Having a 3rd qb in the mix to compete for at least the backup role just exacerbates the issue. If Lance can't play well enough to take the job his opportunity is over, and almost everyone agrees that he would need real playing time to get to that level. It's a catch -22 for Lance.

Nice problem to have but not an easy one to decide unless one player is just heads above the other two. Having 3 young QBs on cheap contracts is a luxury when you have cap issues.

"He had a good, strong camp. He made an impression on the coaches enough to get back to me."

No he didnt.

I already explain multiple times what I was saying
Originally posted by krizay:
It was never about me wanting him to fail. It was about me not believing he was ever going to be a good fit for the system.

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

There's no reason for John or Kyle to say Brock is QB1 if he's not

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Are you not reading this thread? I've literally been quoted by someone saying that it's debunked that Brock is QB1 lmao

I said what was debunked was that it's set in stone. It is not, as it depends on how Trey and Sam play and how long Brock is out.
Well one thing he certainly is against is giving Darnold first team reps in a competition for the QB2 spot. That's why this rep splitting argument is happening. It's a reluctance to accept the situation. He wants to see Lance given an opportunity. It's not groundbreaking.

Yes I am. He's been one of the leagues worst starting QBs since 2018. You want to give starting reps to Tim Tebow? They don't owe him a damn thing. They never spent 3 1sts on him. They have no obligation to help develop him at this point in his career.

People have taking what was said and turned it into Sam is gonna get as many reps as Lance. Thing is no one knows what any of it means. I hear the term spilt from a fan and imo that mean 50/50. If it's 80/20 that's not close to the same scenario.

Funny thing is Kyle said he thinks Lance would have done what Brock did if he didn't get injured.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

No he didnt.

I already explain multiple times what I was saying

Oh I know.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Are you not reading this thread? I've literally been quoted by someone saying that it's debunked that Brock is QB1 lmao

I said what was debunked was that it's set in stone. It is not, as it depends on how Trey and Sam play and how long Brock is out.

Yep. Like I said, there isnt anyone who is saying Brock wouldnt be QB1 if completely healthy....no matter how much the anti-Trey guys try to make it sound like its happening. Its not.
Yep. Like I said, there isnt anyone who is saying Brock wouldnt be QB1 if completely healthy....no matter how much the anti-Trey guys try to make it sound like its happening. Its not.

Yeah, I'm thinking that some just come here for the sake of arguing. At actual games, surrounded by thousands of Niners fans, people aren't arguing with each other everywhere. Before I was following this site, I had no clue this was a thing. . But it is. A real thing.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Yeah, I'm thinking that some just come here for the sake of arguing. At actual games, surrounded by thousands of Niners fans, people aren't arguing with each other everywhere. Before I was following this site, I had no clue this was a thing. . But it is. A real thing.

It kills you guys to say Brock is QB1 lol. Yes if Trey or Sam surprise the hell out of everyone they could keep the job, but until then it's pretty clear who the QB1 is
Share 49ersWebzone