LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He is Brock Steady, rocking all night long.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
It kills you guys to say Brock is QB1 lol. Yes if Trey or Sam surprise the hell out of everyone they could keep the job, but until then it's pretty clear who the QB1 is

What are you even talking about? The only reason I'm not calling him QB1 is the coach hasn't., which is to say that he actually isn't yet. Are you doing ok? Were you damaged at some point? Why the need?

Paging Steve Wallace

I think he actually agrees with this line of thinking. As long as Kyles says Trey has a chance, their comments about Brock being the starter do not matter lol.

If they thought Trey really had that big of a chance to win the job , they would not be going around touting Mr. irrelevant as the starter. There would be no reason for that

You are so full of it Charlie. How many times do I have to say Brock is our QB1 if healthy for you to not try to pick fights and argue? I have probably said that 10 times in the past couple of days. Once again (which I am sure you will ignore), if Brock is 100% healthy, he is our QB1 week 1. I am sure I will have to repeat myself again when you post more garbage that no one is saying.

And Woo....Brock isnt the QB1 right now because he isnt healthy yet. Not sure why that is so difficult for you and posters like Charlie to grasp. Everyone is pretty much all in on a healthy Brock....or at the very least can admit that a healthy Brock is the QB1 until he proves he isnt.

Lol still can't say Brock is QB1 and just leave it at that

Brock is recovering from major surgery, Charlie. Not sure why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

You are picking fights for the sake of picking fights.

John and Kyle both said he earned the right. If they didn't feel he is QB1 they would not have said that. Recovering from surgery with Trey waiting in the wings would be the perfect time to get behind Trey. Instead they are saying Brock is the starter

Dude good god you just dont get it. Yes, Shanahan and Lynch both said he earned the right. But you know who else said he earned the right? ME! I did. Are you really not understanding this?

Brock is our QB1. He absolutely earned it. BUT, this is contingent upon him being healthy enough to start the season. Me saying that isnt a slight to Brock. Me saying that isnt hoping for something else. Its simply a fact. Am I speaking succinctly enough for you to finally get that I am not arguing the opposite of what you are saying?

Like I said, you are looking for an argument.
It kills you guys to say Brock is QB1 lol. Yes if Trey or Sam surprise the hell out of everyone they could keep the job, but until then it's pretty clear who the QB1 is

What are you even talking about? The only reason I'm not calling him QB1 is the coach hasn't., which is to say that he actually isn't yet. Are you doing ok? Were you damaged at some point? Why the need?

Paging Steve Wallace

I think he actually agrees with this line of thinking. As long as Kyles says Trey has a chance, their comments about Brock being the starter do not matter lol.

If they thought Trey really had that big of a chance to win the job , they would not be going around touting Mr. irrelevant as the starter. There would be no reason for that

You are so full of it Charlie. How many times do I have to say Brock is our QB1 if healthy for you to not try to pick fights and argue? I have probably said that 10 times in the past couple of days. Once again (which I am sure you will ignore), if Brock is 100% healthy, he is our QB1 week 1. I am sure I will have to repeat myself again when you post more garbage that no one is saying.

And Woo....Brock isnt the QB1 right now because he isnt healthy yet. Not sure why that is so difficult for you and posters like Charlie to grasp. Everyone is pretty much all in on a healthy Brock....or at the very least can admit that a healthy Brock is the QB1 until he proves he isnt.

Brock is recovering from major surgery, Charlie. Not sure why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

John and Kyle both said he earned the right. If they didn't feel he is QB1 they would not have said that. Recovering from surgery with Trey waiting in the wings would be the perfect time to get behind Trey. Instead they are saying Brock is the starter

Dude good god you just dont get it. Yes, Shanahan and Lynch both said he earned the right. But you know who else said he earned the right? ME! I did. Are you really not understanding this?

Brock is our QB1. He absolutely earned it. BUT, this is contingent upon him being healthy enough to start the season. Me saying that isnt a slight to Brock. Me saying that isnt hoping for something else. Its simply a fact. Am I speaking succinctly enough for you to finally get that I am not arguing the opposite of what you are saying?

All I'm saying is what Kyle said. He felt the need to go out of his way to say that Brock earned the right to be QB1. He easily could have said we'll have a competition and left it at that. Instead he named a starter in March who might not even be ready for the season lol.

You can hope Trey or Sam take that title, but until then kyle and John made it clear who holds it - it just kills you guys to say it without any ifs or buts lol
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 29, 2023 at 2:40 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Paging Steve Wallace

All I'm saying is what Kyle said. He felt the need to go out of his way to say that Brock earned the right to be QB1. He easily could have said we'll have a competition and left it at that. Instead he named a starter in March who might not even be ready for the season lol.

You can hope Trey or Sam take that title, but until then kyle and John made it clear who holds it - it just kills you guys to say it without any ifs or buts lol

I hear what your saying, Charlie. But, they made a statement, Brock is our guy and Trey isn't, unless Brock isn't ready on opening day or beyond.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Paging Steve Wallace

I hear what your saying, Charlie. But, they made a statement, Brock is our guy and Trey isn't, unless Brock isn't ready on opening day or beyond.

Yes the statement is clear. Brock is QB1 and if he's healthy he starts. That's what QB1 is lol
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Not just that, he said he was the real deal
Originally posted by krizay:

Not just that, he said he was the real deal

Yea these guys are fighting hard lol. He also said Trey has a chance to regain it, meaning it belongs to someone else at the moment
At the end of the day they can say Brock is the clubhouse leader but if Trey balls out it's his job
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
At the end of the day they can say Brock is the clubhouse leader but if Trey balls out it's his job

How and why is this a thing? For months now, we keep reading he needs reps. The only reps that are counted are the 100 or so game reps. No one ever cites the training camp reps. So if he needs game reps to improve and he wont get any game reps until the bullets start flying. What is the likelihood of him balling out?

Or does all of a sudden Training camp counts as reps? Even then he's allegedly splitting that this off season.

If Zach Wilson balls out he'll regain his job too. Trey has to actually do it to strip Brock of the title Kyle gave him

How and why is this a thing? For months now, we keep reading he needs reps. The only reps that are counted are the 100 or so game reps. No one ever cites the training camp reps. So if he needs game reps to improve and he wont get any game reps until the bullets start flying. What is the likelihood of him balling out?

Or does all of a sudden Training camp counts as reps? Even then he's allegedly splitting that this off season.

This is the key. Trey just isn't going to get the real live and playoff game experience to show what he can do.

Then again, all of this QB talk is stupid. Odds are, all 3 QB's will get live in-season game reps whether we like it or not. They're 49er QB's. It comes with our reality.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

This is the key. Trey just isn't going to get the real live and playoff game experience to show what he can do.

Then again, all of this QB talk is stupid. Odds are, all 3 QB's will get live in-season game reps whether we like it or not. They're 49er QB's. It comes with our reality.

You are not showing any confidence in are new OL line up lol

Its not a thing. It's a hope. Nothing we've seen would indicate it will happen. People.still clinging on to the hope that we traded up for the 2nd coming of mahomes.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Has there been a head coach in history that has had as many injuries as Kyle has to their QBs? Seriously. All but one season our qb continually been injured (2019)

I know injuries are part of the game and some are freak injuries, but there must be some added risk to his play calling that's putting them at a higher risk. Last season alone we had 4 season ending injuries to different QBs. Lol what in the world is going on.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 29, 2023 at 8:03 AM ]
June can't come soon enough to give us some more clarity. Going to be a looooong two months.
Share 49ersWebzone