There are 211 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
so I guess I was mistaken, looks like Brock will be able to participate in training camp, but not in the traditional fashion. It'll be super interesting how kyle does this. I think if his recovery has no set backs - he will start week 1. So not as bad as I initially thought.

"And while Lance is expected to be ready in time for offseason activities, Purdy, who just had his UCL repaired in his throwing arm done last Friday, is officially on the clock for the reported six-month recovery and rehab time expected given the nature of the surgery.

For those of you doing math at home, six months from Purdy's surgery date of March 10 is roughly Sept. 10, which is the exact date the Niners' first regular-season game is likely to happen unless they are tapped to start their season on Monday Night Football one day later.

This means that Purdy would need to proceed with no setbacks during his initial three-month recovery time and no issues in his build-up to throwing over the final three months leading up to the season. You also wouldn't expect a normal training camp or preseason for Purdy as he continues to work on his rehab."

I think lance is a bust, just looks to dam nervous out there, he got beat by the last place bears, stop making excuses it was a monsoon blah blah blah he got beat by the last place bears which may have gotten us the 1 seed, purdy has won play off games and lance hasn't even proved he can win consistent like purdy already has done
https://youtu.be/tzFV43Aat9w
this helped me understand what he will be doing for the next 6 months and I feel much more optimistic now. A doctor talks to Maiocco about it. (However his name is spelled) - this is super informative.
Originally posted by Koldo:
And yet some posters want an unproven commodity to start over him only because of the draft capital invested and the "intangibles" he supposedly possesses.

im willing to bite the bullet for all those draft picks we gave up on trrey and roll with brock, who has shown so much posture in the pocket and doesnt seem to rattle in big moments much like joe cool. I dont care if he doesnt have a rocket arm, he's accurate and smart with the ball, plus he can use his legs wisely when needed.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
I think lance is a bust, just looks to dam nervous out there, he got beat by the last place bears, stop making excuses it was a monsoon blah blah blah he got beat by the last place bears which may have gotten us the 1 seed, purdy has won play off games and lance hasn't even proved he can win consistent like purdy already has done

Watching Trey and Brock is like night and day. Trey looks so uncomfortable at all times. He was not ready
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Watching Trey and Brock is like night and day. Trey looks so uncomfortable at all times. He was not ready

Well yeah Brock had 4 years of college experience while Trey had one full year. He still didn't look lost out there though.

I think Trey is a bust AT THIS POINT because of where he was drafted, three firsts etc. With that said, I don't think he will be a bad player in this league at all and a decent starter. I see his prime as a dak type player, which is good, but not what I want.

Purdy was just too special for Lance to get me remotely excited. Purdy does anything snd everything better besides arm strength.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Well yeah Brock had 4 years of college experience while Trey had one full year. He still didn't look lost out there though.

Brock has started more games in highschool alone than Lance has with highschool, college, AND nfl combined. I did the calculation a while back. Lol I may be a little off as I tried to get lances highschool stats.

it looked like Lance really only started his senior year because he only had 2 passing touchdowns his junior year and I think it was 9 his senior year (per MaxPreps).
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 1:44 PM ]

Brock has started more games in highschool alone than Lance has with highschool, college, AND nfl combined. I did the calculation a while back. Lol I may be a little off as I tried to get lances highschool stats.

it looked like Lance really only started his senior year because he only had 2 passing touchdowns his junior year and I think it was 9 his senior year (per MaxPreps).

It was a mistake to draft him that high, should have drafted Micah parsons instead but it is what it is, we want to win now, and it's clear that purdy gives us the best chance to win, reminds me of drew brees with a little more escapability

I think Trey is a bust AT THIS POINT because of where he was drafted, three firsts etc. With that said, I don't think he will be a bad player in this league at all and a decent starter. I see his prime as a dak type player, which is good, but not what I want.

Purdy was just too special for Lance to get me remotely excited. Purdy does anything snd everything better besides arm strength.

Yea I agree, what Purdy showed was special. How people aren't more excited to see him pan out than Trey at this point is beyond me

The college experience helps a little, but every team would just grab a 4 year starter and be set if it were that easy. Brock is different

The college experience helps a little, but every team would just grab a 4 year starter and be set if it were that easy. Brock is different

I look at treys inexperience as a problem because it's a super small sample size in every facet of his football career (highschool, college, and pros). Usually players in the nfl started 2-3 years in highschool (varsity) min and then usually 2-3 seasons in college.

From everything I've seen (I may be slightly off but not much), he started like 9 games in highschool (varsity) and 19 in college, and 2 in the nfl. That is very concerning. It was a big reason why I was so surprised we drafted him.

you factor in the fact that he threw 11 touchdowns in highschool because his team was super run centered and NDSU is too - he's never really had to consistently run complex passing games and go against complex passing defenses. So his experience is a real issue, more so than any player I can think of who was drafted that high - trubisky started 12 games in college but at least it was D1.

for the record, I didn't want trubisky and thought he would be what he is - trash.

lances high school stats https://www.maxpreps.com/mn/marshall/marshall-tigers/athletes/trey-lance/football/stats/?careerid=u9s2v2uqnc577

This guy has started like 30 games or so his entire damn life.all of it against small schools in minnesota, against DII teams (while his team was a powerhouse), and 2 in the nfl (both being against the worst record teams in the nfl)
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 2:09 PM ]

I look at treys inexperience as a problem because it's a super small sample size in every facet of his football career (highschool, college, and pros). Usually players in the nfl started 2-3 years in highschool min and then usually 2-3 seasons in college.

From everything I've seen (I may be slightly off but not much), he started like 9 games in highschool and 19 in college, and 2 in the nfl. That is very concerning. It was a big reason why I was so surprised we drafted him.

you factor in the fact that he threw 11 touchdowns in highschool because his team was super run centered and NDSU is too - he's never really had to consistently run complex passing games and go against complex passing defenses. So his experience is a real issue, more so than any player I can think of who was drafted that high - trubisky started 12 games in college but at least it was D1.

for the record, I didn't want trubisky and thought he would be what he is - trash.

lances high school stats https://www.maxpreps.com/mn/marshall/marshall-tigers/athletes/trey-lance/football/stats/?careerid=u9s2v2uqnc577

This guy has started like 30 games or so his entire damn life.

Absolutely, Treys lack of experience has always been a concern. Thinking he's just going to walk into the NFL and win SBs with 22 starts vs very, very low level competition is kinda ridiculous imo. He's a project and he looks it. After acquiring McCaffrey and Brock's emergence, Treys development doesn't fit in

I look at treys inexperience as a problem because it's a super small sample size in every facet of his football career (highschool, college, and pros). Usually players in the nfl started 2-3 years in highschool min and then usually 2-3 seasons in college.

From everything I've seen (I may be slightly off but not much), he started like 9 games in highschool and 19 in college, and 2 in the nfl. That is very concerning. It was a big reason why I was so surprised we drafted him.

This guy has started like 30 games or so his entire damn life.

Absolutely, Treys lack of experience has always been a concern. Thinking he's just going to walk into the NFL and win SBs with 22 starts vs very, very low level competition is kinda ridiculous imo. He's a project and he looks it. After acquiring McCaffrey and Brock's emergence, Treys development doesn't fit in

I updated the starts stats in high career, so you may of read some it before I was able to edit it.

it's one thing to start 47 games in college like Purdy did - not a lot of people have done that, but to have that little experience at all small programs that don't rely on passing to win at all - that's extremely concerning.

Brock had to carry his highschool and college team - it's why he looks so sharp and confident and has super high football IQ.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 2:17 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
https://youtu.be/tzFV43Aat9w
this helped me understand what he will be doing for the next 6 months and I feel much more optimistic now. A doctor talks to Maiocco about it. (However his name is spelled) - this is super informative.

Great watch. Thanks for sharing.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
so I guess I was mistaken, looks like Brock will be able to participate in training camp, but not in the traditional fashion. It'll be super interesting how kyle does this. I think if his recovery has no set backs - he will start week 1. So not as bad as I initially thought.

"And while Lance is expected to be ready in time for offseason activities, Purdy, who just had his UCL repaired in his throwing arm done last Friday, is officially on the clock for the reported six-month recovery and rehab time expected given the nature of the surgery.

For those of you doing math at home, six months from Purdy's surgery date of March 10 is roughly Sept. 10, which is the exact date the Niners' first regular-season game is likely to happen unless they are tapped to start their season on Monday Night Football one day later.

This means that Purdy would need to proceed with no setbacks during his initial three-month recovery time and no issues in his build-up to throwing over the final three months leading up to the season. You also wouldn't expect a normal training camp or preseason for Purdy as he continues to work on his rehab."

I don't agree with you, which is fine. One thing is clear to me at least, Lance needs to beat out a healthy or injured Purdy. If he is who we drafted him to be, you are right no more excuses. Some past excuses are OK to me, but this is it for him. Time to grab his nut sack and dominate training camp. Let there be little to decide
Share 49ersWebzone