LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

I have faith in Shanny, whoever he rolls out on Sunday will be the choice that gives us the best chance to win the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I have faith in Shanny, whoever he rolls out on Sunday will be the choice that gives us the best chance to win the game.

You make too much sense, Keg - let the best man start.

Bosa, Kittle, Deebo, or Lance... Shanny is our savior right now
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

its a big game...... that is not jimmys type of game. trey is the future, the future started last week in my opinion.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree. I'm excited to see how Trey does against a playoff defense. Good bad or mediocre, it's going to reveal who we have for next year as QB1. Win or lose this game, next year is going to be a different team with Trey as QB1. Might as well see who we need to draft to make him the best QB he can be. Maybe some OLine picks as well as a burner type WR, are obvious things for ShanaLynch to look at in the offseason.
We have a damn good young QB and a damn good young coach. That's two ingredients you need for a dynasty. So far it seems that Jimmy has been just healthy enough and just good enough for us to be mediocre and barely crawling into the playoffs. To me it doesn't matter if we get there or not. If Jimmy stinks it up and we lose, that will mean NOTHING was gained this season by letting him start and benching Trey. Just think of that. We would have wasted an entire season of Trey not developing for nothing at all. To top it all off, our starting QB is injured again, and we can't even get a bag of peanuts for him.

Let Trey cook. If he burns the rice and the chicken is still raw, so be it.
The same Shanny that trotted out that lame duck QB against the Dolphins and Seahawks in 2020?
Originally posted by cciowa:
its a big game...... that is not jimmys type of game. trey is the future, the future started last week in my opinion.

Started on draft night. Let's go Trey!
Lance.

If he beats the Rams we would start him in the playoffs and I become very confident of beating AZ and GB to get to the NFC title game w Lance at the helm.

If Jimmy beats the Rams no doubt we'll go w Jimmy in the playoffs and bad Jimmy will inevitably show up and we are out.

I want Lance for the playoff run.
i want lance to start but i think it'll be jimbo
I think we need JG quick release to beat that pass rush.

That said, if Jimmy struggles... put in Lance.

I would prefer Jimmy Start but rotate Lance in to keep Rams off balance. I care more about the TEAM and winning than any one player.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Jimmy is a 49er and they have lost wile he was there. Starting is something you should say. QB's do not play against entire teams by themselves. The statement you made is redundant.

To save you from answering this I can fix it for you.

Jimmy has never been on the losing team while starting against the Rams.

lol what do the games we lost to the Rams while Jimmy wasn't playing have ANYTHING to do with this situation? Im talking about Jimmy having a track record of beating the Rams. Everything else is neither here nor there.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol what do the games we lost to the Rams while Jimmy wasn't playing have ANYTHING to do with this situation? Im talking about Jimmy having a track record of beating the Rams. Everything else is neither here nor there.

Jimmy with a busted thumb has no track record of beating them however
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Lance.

If he beats the Rams we would start him in the playoffs and I become very confident of beating AZ and GB to get to the NFC title game w Lance at the helm.

If Jimmy beats the Rams no doubt we'll go w Jimmy in the playoffs and bad Jimmy will inevitably show up and we are out.

I want Lance for the playoff run.

Beating the Texans equals 3 road playoff wins and a superbowl victory for sure.
roll with lance, pull the bandaid off
Share 49ersWebzone