LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 283 users in the forums

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

Imo, it's a tough choice. JG has been there done that, but does not play well dinged up. TL ceiling is higher but unproven. I have to say JG, if he can squeeze the ball and not float his passes, more than usual anyway.
If he's actually 80%, I'd prefer Lance. If he's 95% I'd start Jimmy because he has already proven he can beat LA somewhat handily / with some cushion this season.
[ Edited by mattster03 on Jan 4, 2022 at 8:54 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Rather start the healthy rook - instead of a banged up Jimmy.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 4, 2022 at 8:59 PM ]
I'd only prefer a 100% Crappy over Lance. We've already seen what a less than 100 % Crappy brings. L's…..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Rather start the healthy rook - instead of a banged up Jimmy.

Oh yes.....we needed another thread to debate these 2 qb's......
Don't really care. I just want to win.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Ramsey, Miller, donald. That's hard for a rookie but if Jimmy ain't right it's got to be Lance.
[ Edited by JMC52 on Jan 4, 2022 at 10:46 PM ]
Lance, may as well start the future, he will learn from the loss of that is what happens and will become more confident if we win, but he is the future and he should take it from this point on
Shanahan's subterfuge with the media is to keep some kind of an advantage over the opponent so they have to prepare for two different QBs. It may not provide much of an advantage at all, but why would you divulge info to the media that you're really not inclined to divulge?

Should be obvious at this point that Jimmy's injury is not something that will quickly heal. As such Trey will be starting for as long as the 49ers will be playing this season and that his time has come a little earlier than expected. That being true, I liked what I saw last week against the Texans while knowing that the Rams are a completely different animal. I wonder just how quickly Trey can grow up as our FQB.

Nick mullens
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
I'd only prefer a 100% Crappy over Lance. We've already seen what a less than 100 % Crappy brings. L's…..

Not against the rams
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CATCH 22 here ...

Which ever QB we pick, win or lose, it'll be I TOLD YOU SO !!
If Jimmy was 100% I would play him because it would be the safer bet, but he isn't. Jimmy doesn't seem like a guy who plays well while injured either. I think Kyle is going to see if his injury affects his throws this week. If his injury doesn't affect his throws I expect to see Jimmy on Sunday. If it does affect his throws then I expect Trey to play. That being said I would be lying if I didn't say I am much more excited about the idea of Trey playing.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Jan 4, 2022 at 10:15 PM ]
Cody Pickett
Share 49ersWebzone