LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 107 users in the forums

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want starting against the Rams?

Originally posted by Hopper:
Lance. I just have too many concerns with Jimmy's grip and accuracy playing through a torn ligament in his thumb.

Jimmy has accuracy issues even when his thumb is perfect.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Lance. I just have too many concerns with Jimmy's grip and accuracy playing through a torn ligament in his thumb.

Imagine his accuracy when his thumb has a torn ligament Oh yeah the Titans game...
Jimmy Gimp needs to stay on the bench. We don't need him throwing ducks up to Jalen Ramsey. If Jimmy starts, it will be the Dolphins game all over again. Face it, Jimmy's done for the season (it's Groundhog day) and we lose nothing by going with Trey. The Trey Era has begun. It pains me, but I've already moved on.

I'd rather Trey throw 4 picks and we lose, but he gains valuable experience than Jimmy throwing 2 picks and we lose.
If Kyle thinks Jimmy can play effectively, he'll start. If it looks bad, you can go right to Trey.

Jimmy's injury is going to compress the field even more, so I hope Kyle can scheme around that.
Jimmy has never shown he can play injured. This isn't even a question. He's gonna get picked and put us in a hole early.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Jimmy Gimp needs to stay on the bench. We don't need him throwing ducks up to Jalen Ramsey. If Jimmy starts, it will be the Dolphins game all over again. Face it, Jimmy's done for the season (it's Groundhog day) and we lose nothing by going with Trey. The Trey Era has begun. It pains me, but I've already moved on.

I'd rather Trey throw 4 picks and we lose, but he gains valuable experience than Jimmy throwing 2 picks and we lose.

Agree. I'm excited to see how Trey does against a playoff defense. Good bad or mediocre, it's going to reveal who we have for next year as QB1. Win or lose this game, next year is going to be a different team with Trey as QB1. Might as well see who we need to draft to make him the best QB he can be. Maybe some OLine picks as well as a burner type WR, are obvious things for ShanaLynch to look at in the offseason.
If Jimmy can throw ten yard passes that's who I want.

He has a fast release. If he starts sucking, he can be benched without trashing his ego, the locker room, or undermining the rookie's confidence (which may happen if it's reversed).

Trey will get first team reps all week anyway, so if he has to go, he'll be ready.

Look, we're all (except the Treytors) very much excited about the talent he has. But he is a rookie, and that is a LOT of pressure for someone who had never even run a two minute drill in his entire life until he got to the NFL.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Imagine his accuracy when his thumb has a torn ligament Oh yeah the Titans game...

His thumb might be so messed up it makes him even more accurate

My guess is Jimmy p***y-foots it and then says he can't go Sunday before kickoff. But Trey will still have first team reps, so at least it won't be the absolute worst case scenario. But I really don't want Trey facing that defense, under that much pressure. He is so inexperienced. And yeah, this is a great experience builder, but we're trying to squeak into the playoffs here.
so the Rams know if Jimmy plays to stay within a 10 yard range? cause they know he can't throw further than that?

Instead of playing a guy who can run and throw deep if needed?
  • thl408
Hah!..Treytors. If Jimmy can't grip the ball well, play Trey.

If JG doesn't start, I hope he is good enough to at least dress in case they do need him.
All things considered, I don't see any way Jimmy starts over Lance. I get the "competitive advantage" aspect of hiding your starter, but the Rams aren't stupid. No way an injured QB starts over the explosiveness that Lance brings.

We've seen the last of Jimmy as a 49er QB, guaranteed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Jimmy has never shown he can play injured. This isn't even a question. He's gonna get picked and put us in a hole early.
and miss wide open guys.. probably good for at least one strip sack fumble. can not move around in the pocket and take a bunch of sacks.. we lose and all he and kyle will say,,,, we left some plays out on the field .. i do not think our chances are good at a win and making the playoffs,. but if we have a chance... i like it better with trey. if trey starts and loses i will never back seat drive and say we should have started jimmy. I am done with him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
All things considered, I don't see any way Jimmy starts over Lance. I get the "competitive advantage" aspect of hiding your starter, but the Rams aren't stupid. No way an injured QB starts over the explosiveness that Lance brings.

you said nothing wrong
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Hope your right, Dope, I think it would behoove Shanny to start Trey over Jimmy flat foot. I doubt that Jimmy can even throw straight.
Share 49ersWebzone