There are 130 users in the forums

PREFERRED (POTENTIAL) WC ROUND OPPONENT

Shop Find 49ers gear online

PREFERRED (POTENTIAL) WC ROUND OPPONENT

lol Cowboys, easily.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Way too early for this.

That being said, I have never been a fan of hoping you get X opponent. In the end, you will have to beat them all / the best anyway. So, play whoever, whenever. Doesn't much matter. Is going out on the first weekend any different than going out on the last weekend? Just gives you a worse draft position. You still aren't lifting the trophy.

This is really not true. What matchups teams get is extremely important in the playoffs. Certain teams are good matchups against certain teams and some teams are bad matchups. The matchups each team gets in the playoffs is an extremely important factor in who ends up winning it all.

This years "good" 49ers team matches up with anyone. Its perfect playoff football. Run the ball, stop the run. Dominate TOP, force opponents to play from behind and let Bosa and Co. feast. If we make the playoffs, I really don't care who we play. I just hope the good team that we've seen glimpses of this season shows up. The 49ers are capable of beating every single team out there. No opposing team scares me more than our own team rn.

The Rematch

Colts vs 49ers
  • thl408
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Cowboys, easily.

It's been awhile. This rivalry needs to be renewed. Lots of younger 49er fans think the Seahawks are the hated rivals. No, it's the damn cowboys that deserve our unified hate.
Originally posted by thl408:
lol Cowboys, easily.

It's been awhile. This rivalry needs to be renewed. Lots of younger 49er fans think the Seahawks are the hated rivals. No, it's the damn cowboys that deserve our unified hate.

Ever since KS and McVay it's almost drifted to LA at this point, especially with NorCal v SoCal
cowboys obviously

they don't even have fans at their home games
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The Rematch

Colts vs 49ers

would rather have a shot at KC again
lol Cowboys, easily.

idk if anyone else saw but at the beginning of their game sunday the cowboys had the #1 ranked offense overall. id rather not have to face the leagues best ranked offense. even though dak would be easier to beat than aaron or tom.
Originally posted by Koldo:
You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

yep jinxin foolios
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The Rematch

Chiefs vs 49ers

would rather have a shot at KC again

Fixed

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Wrong. Montana is the GOAT

Dude, we're all 9ers fans (and some of us even saw Montana play ) but seriously, this isn't really a discussion anymore. It was close when it was 5 SBs to 4 because Joe was undefeated in those games, but now it's way beyond that.

I don't think so at all.

Look, maybe I'm a homer too and in some ways I am. Plus, I think Brady is a complete douche as a guy and human being.

But that said, and I know it's an easy out, different eras are different eras and tough if not almost impossible to compare.

But yeah, I tend to agree with most traditionalists. Even though through nutrition and science and so forth players are likely more athletic today, the game was purer and it was football in Montana's day. You could play defense and you wouldn't get flagged for sneezing in the quarterback's general direction.

Plus, Brady hasn't been all that in every Super Bowl either. I thought even though his statistics were better, he was outplayed by Nick Foles. The game against Kyle as OC in Atlanta, they got down 28-3 in part because he played like crap up until that point, even throwing a pick six to put his team down 21-0. Yeah he came back, and good for him. Soft defenses and league rules allow that to happen in the right set of circumstances and with the right quarterback. And yeah, he was the right quarterback. Not arguing that.

Plus, as far as Super Bowl wins, again it's a great accomplishment. But good luck, good nutrition, and league rules, among other things, allow Brady to keep going and going. Montana retired at 38 and essentially missed two and a half years to injury. Brady is still going at 44 and missed one year due to injury.

Maybe I'm more of a traditionalist and nostalgic for my childhood overall. Same yeah people say Lebron is the GOAT and I'll still say Jordan was.
I would love to finally play Dallas in a playoff game again!
I want the Bucs

Always been bigger rivalries with Cowgirls and Rams.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Wrong. Montana is the GOAT

Dude, we're all 9ers fans (and some of us even saw Montana play ) but seriously, this isn't really a discussion anymore. It was close when it was 5 SBs to 4 because Joe was undefeated in those games, but now it's way beyond that.

I don't think so at all.

Look, maybe I'm a homer too and in some ways I am. Plus, I think Brady is a complete douche as a guy and human being.

But that said, and I know it's an easy out, different eras are different eras and tough if not almost impossible to compare.

But yeah, I tend to agree with most traditionalists. Even though through nutrition and science and so forth players are likely more athletic today, the game was purer and it was football in Montana's day. You could play defense and you wouldn't get flagged for sneezing in the quarterback's general direction.

Plus, Brady hasn't been all that in every Super Bowl either. I thought even though his statistics were better, he was outplayed by Nick Foles. The game against Kyle as OC in Atlanta, they got down 28-3 in part because he played like crap up until that point, even throwing a pick six to put his team down 21-0. Yeah he came back, and good for him. Soft defenses and league rules allow that to happen in the right set of circumstances and with the right quarterback. And yeah, he was the right quarterback. Not arguing that.

Plus, as far as Super Bowl wins, again it's a great accomplishment. But good luck, good nutrition, and league rules, among other things, allow Brady to keep going and going. Montana retired at 38 and essentially missed two and a half years to injury. Brady is still going at 44 and missed one year due to injury.

Maybe I'm more of a traditionalist and nostalgic for my childhood overall. Same yeah people say Lebron is the GOAT and I'll still say Jordan was.

No traditionalist thinks Montana is better than Brady. That ship sailed years ago. Brady is the GOAT.
Share 49ersWebzone