LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 154 users in the forums

PREFERRED (POTENTIAL) WC ROUND OPPONENT

Shop Find 49ers gear online

PREFERRED (POTENTIAL) WC ROUND OPPONENT

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Too early for this.

Feel the same way. Season isn't over yet. The 49ers could still tank. So could some other teams. The 49ers could still win the division. It would take a major collapse from the AZ Cardinals, but just look at what has happened to the Rams.

There is no dominant team this year. The team that gets hot at the end is going to take home a trophy. Let's just hope and pray it's our SF 49ers.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Tampa.

Get a shot at the champs.

JG vs TB

Sherm probably injured doing his Sherm face on the sideline when we win late.

This one has all the story lines.

Ha! Was just about to say this very thing. No way of rally knowing how strong the team is without playing the best.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Every great team has one or more terrible loss on their record. "We won't sniff the Super Bowl with this team"…. Probably not. No team is a statistical lock to make the big game, But we aren't vastly inferior to any team in the league.

baltimore, Buffalo, Tennessee and the chiefs all have terrible losses on their resumes in the afc

cards, greenbay, Dallas and Tampa do as well.

this years playoffs will be about momentum, not roster dominance.

Absolutely this, it's also as much of an indication of why we should be taken seriously, as it is an acknowledgement that it may still all go up the spout.
updated options…
I'd like to play in this order
Ariz
GB
Cowboys
TB
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Ariz
GB
Cowboys
TB

We don't stand a chance against Murray (mobile QB) and those receivers. Our best bet would be that someone else takes Zona out for us. I'd rather play TB or Dallas.

GB at Lambeau in January = automatic loss for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Ariz
GB
Cowboys
TB

We don't stand a chance against Murray (mobile QB) and those receivers. Our best bet would be that someone else takes Zona out for us. I'd rather play TB or Dallas.

Yeah, I'd dread playing in Lambeau.
Just make the playoffs and then whomever we end up playing so be it. I don't see any easy matchup (though Tampa would probably be the most difficult).
Cowboys 1st preference, cards 2nd. After their mnf loss, we are currently slotted to play Arizona.
[ Edited by njninersfan420 on Dec 13, 2021 at 8:42 PM ]

wrong…

I've done the playoff machine and it informs me of this:

Wild Card @ Dallas
Divisional @ Green Bay
NFC Championship home v Rams

SUPER BOWL 56 v Colts
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Wild Card @ Dallas
Divisional @ Green Bay

SUPER BOWL 56 v Colts

I love what your Magic 8 ball is saying.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Wild Card @ Dallas
Divisional @ Green Bay

SUPER BOWL 56 v Colts

I love what your Magic 8 ball is saying.

Go on a NYG-type, out-of-nowhere, wild card to SB 🏆run…
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

wrong…

Nah, we match up well vs gb and Arizona.
I tend to think GB would be most beatable. How we match up with Dallas worries me. Dak is in a rocky patch, and I don't trust their coaching, but Dak is, imo, a top QB in this league for years to come, and we don't have the secondary to match up with their weapons. Their DL, especially Parsons, should feast as well...imagine Parsons lined up against who ever we got at RT. Would take a monster game from Bosa to win me thinks.
Share 49ersWebzone