LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Kittle vs Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kittle vs Warner

Warner is the QB of the defense.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Warner is the best of all time in his position.

But kittle does more for the offense than Warner does on the defense.

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Warner, hands down.

Kittle's production has been replaced in the past adequately when he was injured.

Fred is the QB and heart of the entire defense, he goes down our D is totally inferior.

Here's to a healthy Fred this year.

In the 19 season when Kittle was out for a few games our offense struggled on both sides of the ball.
I don't know how anyone can answer Fred Warner here.

and to be clear, that's not to denigrate Warner; it's a testament to Kittle.

Warner is a phenomenal LB and a diamond the scouring team deserves credit for.

But kittle is in another league in terms of his talent, his ability to take over and win a game, and star power.

His durability is a concern, for sure, but if we're just talking about which guy, straight up, is the better player…no question. That saints game in 2019–his third down conversion to set up the go ahead will forever be cemented as one of the greatest plays in reg season history for SF.

hell I'd already go as far as putting boss ahead of Warner. Without bosa, this team doesn't come within minutes of winning a super bowl. Again, Warner is a tremendous talent but personally speaking, unless he truly solidified his place as the leagues top 1 or 2 LB again this year, he's competing against tough company within his own roster.

great problem to have
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

But kittle is in another league in terms of his talent, his ability to take over and win a game, and star power.

His durability is a concern, for sure, but if we're just talking about which guy, straight up, is the better player…no question. That saints game in 2019–his third down conversion to set up the go ahead will forever be cemented as one of the greatest plays in reg season history for SF.

hell I'd already go as far as putting boss ahead of Warner. Without bosa, this team doesn't come within minutes of winning a super bowl. Again, Warner is a tremendous talent but personally speaking, unless he truly solidified his place as the leagues top 1 or 2 LB again this year, he's competing against tough company within his own roster.

great problem to have

Shanahan can scheme anyone open. Kittle is special, but its not like we can't score or move the ball without him. Without Warner our D would be in deep sh*t. He's the coach on the field. The one who calls the plays and directs the adjustments before the snap.

IMO it comes down to which side of the ball is more vulnerable, and to me thats the D.

Warner hasn't missed much time in his career so far, knock on wood, and hopefully he never does. But if he did I think everyone would realize how much the D relies on him.
Originally posted by Niners99:

great problem to have

Shanahan can scheme anyone open. Kittle is special, but its not like we can't score or move the ball without him. Without Warner our D would be in deep sh*t. He's the coach on the field. The one who calls the plays and directs the adjustments before the snap.

IMO it comes down to which side of the ball is more vulnerable, and to me thats the D.

Warner hasn't missed much time in his career so far, knock on wood, and hopefully he never does. But if he did I think everyone would realize how much the D relies on him.

To each his own. But I don't know how you can go as far as to deduce Kittle's impact to "Shanahan can scheme anyone open".

This also completely neglects his massive impact as a blocker.

True, we can score without him. I also think we can play reasonable defense without Warner due to the rest of the talent on that side of the ball. Sherman also played a large part of that "QB of the D" role in the defensive backfield; granted, Warner being in the middle line of defense has a role far bigger.
Why can't we just be happy that we are fortunate enough to have both of them?
  • thl408
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Why can't we just be happy that we are fortunate enough to have both of them?

We are. This isn't a thread about, 'pick one and lose the other', it's just to see which player you think is more important to the 49ers.
Originally posted by thl408:
We are. This isn't a thread about, 'pick one and lose the other', it's just to see which player you think is more important to the 49ers.

Honestly I think both are equally important to the endgame which is winning the SB. Niners are not winning the SB if they lose either one of them.
  • thl408
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Honestly I think both are equally important to the endgame which is winning the SB. Niners are not winning the SB if they lose either one of them.

Gun to your head, pick one.

Gun to your head, pick one.

If I had to I would say Kittle because he is also so important to the run game. But it's close. Also with having Kittle the #3 WR spot is not as important as people think. Because he is the #3 WR that just so happens to play TE. The #3 WR spot is only crucial if Aiyuk or Deebo go down with an injury.

Off topic I think Bosa might be more important than both of them. And Verrett and Trent Williams are up there also and whoever plays QB. But the fact we can name 5 or 6 players that are so crucial, shows how loaded this team is.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jul 15, 2021 at 10:58 AM ]

great problem to have

This makes Warner the choice in the poll.
It's kind of like choosing to make the beast with two backs through the slit or the rusty sheriffs badge. Both seem rather tantalizing to me and I myself am tickled pink to have those 2 choices.
Share 49ersWebzone