LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He gets praise about how fast and explosive he is, but he doesn't appear to have breakaway speed.

He doesn't. He isn't Mostert. His main assets is hitting the hole with authority, and breaking tackles and churning tough yards. He plays more like a power back after the contact where he isn't really one. He does remind me a bit of young Gore, but Gore also had explosiveness and was even harder to bring down. Offtopic: does anyone have the gif of Holmgren getting PISSED like crazy on seattle sideline when like six of his guys couldn't bring Frankie down ?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-draft-49ers-select-rb-elijah-mitchell-194th-pick?amp
Mitchell's speed is elite, as he reportedly clocked a 4.32 to 4.38 40-yard dash at his pro day on March 29, depending on whose stopwatch you used
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
He gets praise about how fast and explosive he is, but he doesn't appear to have breakaway speed.

He doesn't. He isn't Mostert. His main assets is hitting the hole with authority, and breaking tackles and churning tough yards. He plays more like a power back after the contact where he isn't really one. He does remind me a bit of young Gore, but Gore also had explosiveness and was even harder to bring down. Offtopic: does anyone have the gif of Holmgren getting PISSED like crazy on seattle sideline when like six of his guys couldn't bring Frankie down ?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-draft-49ers-select-rb-elijah-mitchell-194th-pick?amp
Mitchell's speed is elite, as he reportedly clocked a 4.32 to 4.38 40-yard dash at his pro day on March 29, depending on whose stopwatch you used

I didn't know Mitchell clocked at 4.3.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 29, 2021 at 1:28 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah that's a bit misleading, first off it's a pro-day, second in college he was 218lbs and at his pro-day he was 201lbs.

He's plenty fast and quick, I would say he's more in the 4.4s though.

People are use too seeing Mostert and his explosiveness/long speed is literally the best in the NFL at RB. Dude is on another level. Sucks he got hurt.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah that's a bit misleading, first off it's a pro-day, second in college he was 218lbs and at his pro-day he was 201lbs.

He's plenty fast and quick, I would say he's more in the 4.4s though.

People are use too seeing Mostert and his explosiveness/long speed is literally the best in the NFL at RB. Dude is on another level. Sucks he got hurt.

He is plenty fast enough to get to the edge on time, which is by far the most important thing for a back in this offense.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He is plenty fast enough to get to the edge on time, which is by far the most important thing for a back in this offense.

yup agreed. He's not a 4.3 guy though which is fine.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

yup agreed. He's not a 4.3 guy though which is fine.

He got chased down by a LB.
that's pretty nuts

also our OL overall is doing work
that's pretty nuts

also our OL overall is doing work

I was just coming here to post this. I guess it is all the holding that is helping On draft night I think most were scratching their heads about this pick, or calling it a flat out waste. As it turns out the season might have been lost without him.
Mitchell has more than enough speed and he runs hard. He also has really good vision and is able to make quick adjustments if the hole isn't there. He's a real find late in ther draft and makes up for Sermon not playing as well as expected.
The best thing about Mitchell is that he rarely loses yards.

even when i think he got stuffed, he falls forward for a yard or two
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

To me, he does nothing wrong, thank god for him this year
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Mitchell has more than enough speed and he runs hard. He also has really good vision and is able to make quick adjustments if the hole isn't there. He's a real find late in ther draft and makes up for Sermon not playing as well as expected.

Sermon would excel in a power scheme, we just aren't that. He is a little slow footed and doesn't have that one cut and go tendency that makes this run game sing.
Once everything slows down and this guy sees the entire field and hits those cutback lanes for daylight, watchout!
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Nov 29, 2021 at 9:29 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it is nice to know he can carry the ball alot... he may have to this weekend esp if indeed deebo is out
Share 49ersWebzone