LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 166 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
His performance is fine.

His availability has been the issue.

I'd lighten his load and use Mason more.

Our RB Backfield is a 3 headed monster.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
His performance is fine.

Cerberus
Originally posted by English:
His performance is fine.

Cerberus

love it, When Mitchell is actually healthy he looks fantastic running the ball. Knowing Kyle we wont see much of Mason unless he has no choice.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
His performance is fine.

Cerberus

love it, When Mitchell is actually healthy he looks fantastic running the ball. Knowing Kyle we wont see much of Mason unless he has no choice.

That's how it should be. Mitchell's RB 2 and is a more well rounded player than Mason. He's certainly not as good as McCaffrey, but he can fill every role McCaffrey does for the offense.
Originally posted by Disp:
His performance is fine.

Cerberus

That's how it should be. Mitchell's RB 2 and is a more well rounded player than Mason. He's certainly not as good as McCaffrey, but he can fill every role McCaffrey does for the offense.

Yes, but I'd argue he's not as good a runner by a step and not nearly as good a receiver, but to his defense his biggest issue is staying on the field so we haven't seen much to go by lately. That being said he's not much of drop off running so he's perfect to rotate and keep each other fresh etc. I love his speed, it just pops out.
Originally posted by Disp:
His performance is fine.

Cerberus

The knock on Mason was his blocking, but Mitchell failed as a blocker the last couple weeks himself. Mitchell whiffed badly against the Rams I think it was... and he still gets the nod.

Meanwhile Mason is CLEARLY the better runner, he's averaging 5.2 this season (5.6 Career) while Mitchell averages 3.7.

I really don't understand why Mason isn't the clear RB2, especially because Mitchell has looked off this year compared to previous years.
Share 49ersWebzone