There are 165 users in the forums

Who was the best QB the 49ers had in the last decade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was the best QB the 49ers had in the last decade

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jimmy has played one full season. Colin had one season that was better. Alex was the most efficient of them all.

Each had their strengths.

Overall, I'm saying Alex. He never flamed out and continued to win on every team he played for after us.

When did Colin have a better season than Jimmy?

And A.Smith outside of 2011 was an awful 49er QB.

In the words of the great Justin Smith, "stats are for losers."
kyle shanny
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Best 49er QB of the last decade? Easy Steve Young! I think even at his age, he could outplay anyone of this list.

Steve Young hasnt played a down of football since 1999
This thread is so sad.

Basically we´re comparing poverty against poverty.

For me it's Jimmy by a landslide. The reason being is that most of Jimmy's downtrend can be put to injury, where Kap's play fell off the map. Alex only had half a year of good QB play.

I still think Jimmy is salvageable, but we should definitely have our minds open to door #2.
Jerry Heinz
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
In the words of the great Justin Smith, "stats are for losers."

Because he didn't. 2012 was his best year by far but that was only half the year. That was his peak and yeah it's better than Jimmy's. 13 he was still good enough although noticeably worse and at least had a better qbr than Jimmy. But that was one was pretty even at best.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 9, 2020 at 1:58 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Jerry Heinz

Behave. Biting p***y isn't the same as playing QB
I think if the mgmt and coaching had hadn't blown up in 2014 and they didn't have the mass exodus of talent that off season Kap would have been able to slowly improve the elements he was missing while still terrifying opposing defence with his legs. If they had just chosen to trust Harbaugh instead of the GM I think the Niners would have had a ring or two with them.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap was the best we've had in the last 10 years. If Jimmy had won the Super Bowl, he'd be the pick.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap was the best we've had in the last 10 years. If Jimmy had won the Super Bowl, he'd be the pick.

Kap was special in 12 & 13. The fear of him running had to be frustrating for other teams. Just how we feel about Wilson/Murray. When he was point it was no question the Niners were winning.
Originally posted by RidiculousJimmyBlame:
Jeff Garcia couldn't carry Jimmy's jock.

Jesus...this fan base.

"Waaaah, Jimmy doesn't have a deep ball."

"Jeff "2 yard dumpoffs to T.O.'s feet" Garcia was so goodzzz."

Garcia went to 4 pro bowls. He had over 4200 yrds one year. He had a lower INT% than Jimmy. He actually threw the ball deep more than once a game. He's not listed on this [poll but Jeff was a good QB in an era when the Niners were transitioning from great to a good team.
With the way that Shanahan runs his offense, I feel like Kap or Smith would have succeeded in it.

As long as we have a solid defense too.

But my vote still goes to Jimmy.
Alex Smith, even though his stats are absolutely mediocre, was 3-0 against the legion of boom

He and Gore also stuck it to them in 2006 @ Seattle, when they were the defending NFC champs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
With the way that Shanahan runs his offense, I feel like Kap or Smith would have succeeded in it.

As long as we have a solid defense too.

But my vote still goes to Jimmy.

Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone