Lets just tank

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jiks:
10-6

Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by Jiks:
10-6

We will be lucky to win another game.
More than anything I just want all our IR guys just to sit the year out and get fully healthy for training camp/OTAs next year.

I'm serious. Let them all sit. Let their body and mind full rest. Start conditioning early next year and compete for a SB.

It's like tanking but less direct.
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Nov 5, 2020 at 9:54 PM ]
Beathard gonna take us on a run to the playoffs
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
More than anything I just want all our IR guys just to sit the year out and get fully healthy for training camp/OTAs next year.

I'm serious. Let them all sit. Let their body and mind full rest. Start conditioning early next year and compete for a SB.

Pretty much where I'm at. Let everyone recover and get back at it in a normal season. Hopefully in the meantime they suck enough to have a realistic shot at drafting one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in the upcoming draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pretty much where I'm at. Let everyone recover and get back at it in a normal season. Hopefully in the meantime they suck enough to have a realistic shot at drafting one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in the upcoming draft.

Are there 3 mahomes clones next year to choose from?
  • dj43

We may not have a choice.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well there's the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, a tremendous prospect in Justin Fields, a rapidly rising prospect in Wilson, a high ceiling freak in Trey Lance plus a guy like Mac Jones that is absolutely balling out at Bama and will definitely be on the 49ers radar. Its a good QB draft class.

Thankfully, I don't think we need that in Kyles offense. We just need good decision makers, with a strong and accurate arm. Easier said then done I know, but Kyle has the scheme down.

Thankfully, I don't think we need that in Kyles offense. We just need good decision makers, with a strong and accurate arm. Easier said then done I know, but Kyle has the scheme down.
It's funny that people are questioning if there is a Mahomes in this draft. I recall Mahomes not even being close to a sure thing when he was drafted. Trubisky was ranked and drafted higher and I recall Watson being ranked higher then him too. Who's to say Mac Jones, Zack Wilson or Trey Lance doesn't develop similar to how Mahomes did.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Nov 5, 2020 at 10:21 PM ]
They don't have to try and tank. The talent deficiency with every team they face the remainder of the season will take care of it all by itself.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
It's funny that people are questioning if there is a Mahomes in this draft. I recall Mahomes not even being close to a sure thing when he was drafted. Trubisky was ranked and drafted higher and I recall Watson being ranked higher then him too. Who's to say Mac Jones, Zack Wilson or Trey Lance doesn't develop similar to how Mahomes did.

Not only do we need a Mahomes. We need coaches that can develop a raw physical talent like Mahomes or Josh Allen and then mold them into good players.

It is concerning to me that Garappolo did not improve as a player. He has just regressed the more he learned the playbook and ingrained himself into the system. I'm hoping that was just an anomaly.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

I say mahomes sarcastically as some here is all they talk about. But we do need a qb, not just any qb, a great qb cause good qbs are not enough so I read here. Which one is the Elite future NFL qb out of those 3? Because we can't afford to take leftovers in the draft
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Not only do we need a Mahomes. We need coaches that can develop a raw physical talent like Mahomes or Josh Allen and then mold them into good players.

It is concerning to me that Garappolo did not improve as a player. He has just regressed the more he learned the playbook and ingrained himself into the system. I'm hoping that was just an anomaly.

Looking at the QBs in Kyle's offenses over the years it certainly seems to be an anomaly. All the others improved when he was with them. Ryan won MVP.
Share 49ersWebzone