There are 143 users in the forums

Players Injured and when theyll return

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I keep waiting for the year when we are not in the top teams with injuries. Not sure if I will ever see that in my lifetime.

2012 was the last season

Not to be picky but didn't a Justin Smith injury hurt us pretty badly?
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
I keep waiting for the year when we are not in the top teams with injuries. Not sure if I will ever see that in my lifetime.

2012 was the last season

Yeah in 2012 he tore a triceps muscle in his left arm if I remember correctly....he played through it in the playoffs but wasn't the same. Aldon also had a shoulder injury he tried to play through if I remember correctly. Part of the reason the pass rush disappeared in the Superbowl and the secondary got roasted
[ Edited by Thanos89 on Oct 19, 2020 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Yeah in 2012 he tore a triceps muscle in his left arm if I remember correctly....he played through it in the playoffs but wasn't the same. Aldon also had a shoulder injury he tried to play through if I remember correctly. Part of the reason the pass rush disappeared in the Superbowl and the secondary got roasted

justin got injured on the primetime game in Foxboro..
Just imagine if a Covid outbreak hits this team on top of all these injuries.
Originally posted by proniner1:

justin got injured on the primetime game in Foxboro..

Don't get me started on Kendall Hunter

2012 was the last season

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Are the 49ers even looking into why they seem to be one of the top injured teams in the NFL for several seasons now? When there are this many injuries for this many seasons, it can't just be all bad breaks.

The training staff and whatever they are doing for injury prevention is obviously not very effective. They need to seriously evaluate this and look at other teams who seem to remain healthier and try to adopt whatever they're doing. I know there is science to some of this and they have groups like Sparta that focus on figuring out the susceptibility of athletes to different injuries and how to train for injury prevention.

The 49ers organization seriously needs to take a closer look at all of this and do what they need to do in investing in the highest quality injury prevention program(s) out there. Because this is just beyond ridiculous at this point and can't just be one bad break after another, when it's been going on for years.

This. We need an old priest and a young priest

2012 was the last season

Good point. We win the super bowl with a healthy Cowboy. But I mean injuries all across the team. 2011 for sure was the last time we had a mostly injury free season
We can't catch a break this year, every time something goes right we get another injury
Originally posted by Howlett49:

That's the only thing they've prevented more than any other team, a COVID-19 outbreak which is only an illness really no more dangerous than the common cold and it's usually asymptomatic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's ridiculous, but everybody else is dealing with injuries, too.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Howlett49:

That's the only thing they've prevented more than any other team, a COVID-19 outbreak which is only an illness really no more dangerous than the common cold and it's usually asymptomatic.

Exactly like the Titans players.. all were asymptomatic. No symptoms and they were fine. I'd actually think if we had an outbreak that would be good. Would help us down the line. Winter season will be interesting
If it gets as bad as the experts say it is, then i dont see how the NFL will avoid a complete suspension sometime around week 12-13. There is no way they can do a bubble thing until its playoff time.

If Seattle gets to the playoffs, send Russell WIlson Covid in a bottle
If we can beat the Patriots this week would be great. Then get back Alexander, Williams, Sherman, Coleman, maybe Mostertt since they have not IR him. How Close is Taylor from coming of the pup?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Are the 49ers even looking into why they seem to be one of the top injured teams in the NFL for several seasons now? When there are this many injuries for this many seasons, it can't just be all bad breaks.

The training staff and whatever they are doing for injury prevention is obviously not very effective. They need to seriously evaluate this and look at other teams who seem to remain healthier and try to adopt whatever they're doing. I know there is science to some of this and they have groups like Sparta that focus on figuring out the susceptibility of athletes to different injuries and how to train for injury prevention.

The 49ers organization seriously needs to take a closer look at all of this and do what they need to do in investing in the highest quality injury prevention program(s) out there. Because this is just beyond ridiculous at this point and can't just be one bad break after another, when it's been going on for years.

In the past six years the health and conditioning team has been replaced twice over.

It's simply bad breaks.

I've been telling you all this for years but you refuse to accept it. It's not a cumulative thing. It's a dice roll on every play for each and every player, on every practice rep, on every cut a player makes to change direction when running.

It's not one factor, but rather a few dozen every single play for each player.
Share 49ersWebzone