There are 202 users in the forums

Loss of player leadership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bourne and Bosa will be leaders

As someone said, Deebo will emerge
I'm not worried because when one leader leaves another usually emerges. Most younger players aren't going to step up when there's already a vet in that spot but once the vet leaves it's time for the young guy to emerge. Reading all the stuff about Mostert makes me think he could become one of the leaders.
I think guys that potentially be leaders on offense for 2020, if they haven't already; Jimmy G, Juice, Kittle, McG, Trent Williams, Deebo

Maybe TeCo for the RB too
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 23, 2020 at 1:01 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm not worried because when one leader leaves another usually emerges. Most younger players aren't going to step up when there's already a vet in that spot but once the vet leaves it's time for the young guy to emerge. Reading all the stuff about Mostert makes me think he could become one of the leaders.

Good take. With Staley and Buckner gone there will definitely be a passing of the torch as the young leaders step up.
We have great veterans and leadership in losing super bowl games.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on May 23, 2020 at 6:31 PM ]
So when's the webzone "who will step up to be leader" article coming out?
Why make up problems where none really exist? The Niners have plenty of veteran leadership left on the squad, plus some young up and coming talent like Bosa and Kittle who can fill some of the void left by Staley, Buckner and Sanders leaving.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why make up problems where none really exist? The Niners have plenty of veteran leadership left on the squad, plus some young up and coming talent like Bosa and Kittle who can fill some of the void left by Staley, Buckner and Sanders leaving.

This.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

This.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:

This.

• Antix
  • Veteran
We made it to the SB and lost. Even if you were a rookie last year that's a ton of experience. So I'm not too worried about it. Guys will have to step up like always.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
This, the fact Deebo asked for Aiyuk's number the moment he was drafted was impressive and going over things with him and what to expect. Sanders was a huge influence in the wr room, now I have a soft spot for Sanders but hate he had to go to a bs organization with dumb ass fans like the Saints so I really can't cheer for him.

For real. Sanders was a grown man for this franchise, shame he had to end up with the whining-ass saints
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Sherman
Kittle
Jimmy
Kwon
Trent
Juice
Mostert
Ward
[b]Armstead
Ford

Not worried. Welker can help the receivers and Kittle will lead.

What vet leadership did the Chiefs have last year that we dont now?

A year ago Armstead was where Solomon Thomas is now, all of a sudden within a season we are thinking of him as a leader just goes to show there is such thing as late bloomers, Alex Smith is also a great example
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
A year ago Armstead was where Solomon Thomas is now, all of a sudden within a season we are thinking of him as a leader just goes to show there is such thing as late bloomers, Alex Smith is also a great example

I'm disappointed in Solomon just like practically everybody here, but I'm still a fan and - as you said - Armestead was where solomon was a year ago, and look what happened to Armstead. I'm still pulling for Solomon. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before the first regular season game of this year.
From all accounts even guys who left the 49ers. Like Sanders and Day .They all mentioned that the 49ers "Locker Room" was TIGHT!!Even back in 2017 when they started out 0-8 there was no Finger pointing.So yes Veteran Leadership is needed if not on the Field but for sure in the Locker Room .

P.s. yes i know Day and Sanders were not there in 2017
Share 49ersWebzone