There are 99 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by 9moon:
YUCKKKKKK !!!!!

That is what opposing defensive coordinators will be saying when they see their players trying to stop this dude!!

He better get used to those errant passes from Jimmy.

Really?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
YUCKKKKKK !!!!!

That is what opposing defensive coordinators will be saying when they see their players trying to stop this dude!!

Really?

At least in the beginning of the game.
Bonilla has a nice article on Aiyuk, plus he has two brief videos of Aiyuk showing his route running, that is absolutely eye popping. Anyone who hasn't seen them needs to read Bonilla's article and then go see Aiyuk at work. Slick...and FAST. Plus the guy has that video here showing him vacuum/ suck a ball out of mid air.

I can't wait to see Kinlaw go to town. But after watching some of the newer film on Aiyuk, he may be THE guy we all are waiting to see. Man he is one impressive dude. Gotta keep him healthy.

Keep in mind we STILL don't know what the league's policy is if one or more guys come down wiht covid. If it is 1 or 2 guys that's one thing. But if it is 8 or 10....then what? And same goes for our competition. Does the league have all the possibilities worked out already as to what to do...or are they just making it up as they go?

That seems unlikely because they HAVE to plan on covid coming up. Then what? Is there a 2 or 3 game shutdown...or forfeitures? How do they handle this? There has to be some sort of agreement, altho i would have no idea as to what they do
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Bonilla has a nice article on Aiyuk, plus he has two brief videos of Aiyuk showing his route running, that is absolutely eye popping. Anyone who hasn't seen them needs to read Bonilla's article and then go see Aiyuk at work. Slick...and FAST. Plus the guy has that video here showing him vacuum/ suck a ball out of mid air.

I can't wait to see Kinlaw go to town. But after watching some of the newer film on Aiyuk, he may be THE guy we all are waiting to see. Man he is one impressive dude. Gotta keep him healthy.

Keep in mind we STILL don't know what the league's policy is if one or more guys come down wiht covid. If it is 1 or 2 guys that's one thing. But if it is 8 or 10....then what? And same goes for our competition. Does the league have all the possibilities worked out already as to what to do...or are they just making it up as they go?

That seems unlikely because they HAVE to plan on covid coming up. Then what? Is there a 2 or 3 game shutdown...or forfeitures? How do they handle this? There has to be some sort of agreement, altho i would have no idea as to what they do

link?
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

link?

David Bonilla is one of the 49er writers, so go to 49ersWebzone, and look for page with header showing editorials, podcasts, etc,....then click on editorials, and then click on David Bonilla on list of "contributors" and that takes you to his editorial which includes three 10 second clips of Aiyuk, a couple of which are mind blowing. Plus Bonilla has a tiny write up below. If there is a direct link, i failed to find it. It is the page where you go to find new editorials on the 9ers.

Easier yet is just go back one page in this thread and Yaco has same 3 short video of Aiyuk running routes. Re-posted by Jimrat on previous page.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 19, 2020 at 11:21 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
YUCKKKKKKK !!!!!
YUCKKKKKK !!!!!

Really?

He'll be much More comfortable this year with the playbook and all.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
YUCKKKKKK !!!!!

Really?

He'll be much More comfortable this year with the playbook and all.

Yeah, and another year on that reconstructed knee.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I see too much AB from YUCK.... w/o the bad attitude of course !!

I see more OBJ/Sanders. The athleticism, route running and speed and he has the build like them

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I see more OBJ/Sanders. The athleticism, route running and speed and he has the build like them

Yeah AB's footwork is elite. I can't say that with Aiyuk yet...he's gotta work on some false steps (just a rookie).

I see more of a DJ Moore type of WR with crazy length. Works for me.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

A lot to like, especially as it pertains to his skill set in a KS offense
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

A lot to like, especially as it pertains to his skill set in a KS offense

That last play was a thing of beauty. Wish they showed his stop and go a bit more but that was a 3rd and 16 play he took deep.
Share 49ersWebzone