There are 128 users in the forums

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Thread started by a burner account. Two other burner accounts quickly respond. Maybe just a coincidence.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Of course he does. Look man, it ain't fair, but Steve Young went through a similar trajectory as the Niners lost pivotal game after game against the 90s Cowboys.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Yep. It was a good play. Kind of a weird one to be the best memory, but to each his own.

Really wish that ball fell dead on the field and we recovered it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
There are those who will whine if you agree (YES) and those who will whine if you agree (NO)

So just have a yawn at it
yes.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Hell yea...i can close my eyes and just watch that ball sail over Sanders head.
Originally posted by lamontb:

People focus on that play way too much. It would've been a tough deep ball to drop over top of the coverage, and even if he hit Sanders, Mahomes had been moving the ball at will against our D, and would've had nearly 2 minutes to answer.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Thread started by a burner account. Two other burner accounts quickly respond. Maybe just a coincidence.

I'm not a burner I'm a faithful ninerfan
Unless he wants to go down in the annuals of history along with Rich Gannon, Boomer Esiason, Cam Newton, etc as Super Bowl losing quarterbacks.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by lamontb:

People focus on that play way too much. It would've been a tough deep ball to drop over top of the coverage, and even if he hit Sanders, Mahomes had been moving the ball at will against our D, and would've had nearly 2 minutes to answer.

2 minutes to answer a 2 score game? Compared to missing the throw and keeping it at less than a 1 score game???

Doesn't matter if mahomes is moving at will against our defense at that point, if jimmy g moves the ball like mahomes was moving the ball, we win.
All I recall was the Chiefs' D-Line knocking down seemingly every pass. It still stings.
Originally posted by ShotTime:
2 minutes to answer a 2 score game? Compared to missing the throw and keeping it at less than a 1 score game???

Doesn't matter if mahomes is moving at will against our defense at that point, if jimmy g moves the ball like mahomes was moving the ball, we win.

2 score game? It would've been 27-24 SF with Mahomes getting the ball back with 1:33 left.

If our "elite" D holds, we win the SB. The team was built around the D.
Originally posted by Niners99:

2 score game? It would've been 27-24 SF with Mahomes getting the ball back with 1:33 left.

If our "elite" D holds, we win the SB. The team was built around the D.

Our elite defense had a team at 10 points half way through the fourth quarter against a team that hadn't scored less than 20 points all year except once... our defense held more than their own, and anyone thinking we needed only 20 points to be the chiefs in the Super Bowl was being ignorant, to put it nicely.

Also you are correct, it wouldn't of been a 2 score game. I didn't notice that. Regardless, punt, punt, missed sanders = sack, and then interception is nothing to be happy nor excited about. Jimmy g had 4 opportunities/drive with this offense, and not one of those drives ended with points. That is simply not allowed vs that chiefs offense. We can sit here and say our elite defense should have held them, but that chiefs offense was also insanely good. We couldn't have nor should have expected our defense to outplay them for 4 quarters. Our defense wrecked their offense for 3 1/2 quarters. Sorry but that's all you can really ask of any defense vs that offense
Our elite defense had a team at 10 points half way through the fourth quarter against a team that hadn't scored less than 20 points all year except once... our defense held more than their own, and anyone thinking we needed only 20 points to be the chiefs in the Super Bowl was being ignorant, to put it nicely.

Also you are correct, it wouldn't of been a 2 score game. I didn't notice that. Regardless, punt, punt, missed sanders = sack, and then interception is nothing to be happy nor excited about. Jimmy g had 4 opportunities/drive with this offense, and not one of those drives ended with points. That is simply not allowed vs that chiefs offense. We can sit here and say our elite defense should have held them, but that chiefs offense was also insanely good. We couldn't have nor should have expected our defense to outplay them for 4 quarters. Our defense wrecked their offense for 3 1/2 quarters. Sorry but that's all you can really ask of any defense vs that offense

So you expected the D to give up 21 straight pts in the final 7 minutes, and it was the offenses job to outpace them?

This was a defense first team, and we got them a 10 pt lead into the 4th quarter. That should've been enough.
Share 49ersWebzone