There are 197 users in the forums

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jesusisreal:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm still having nightmares over him missing Sanders. I don't know if I will ever forget that

Me, too.

I'm still having nightmares over him missing Sanders. I don't know if I will ever forget that

Me, too.

It went in slow motion on that play but the bad slow motion

I remember feeling overjoyed when Sanders got behind the D like holy s**t we are winning this game. Didn't think he was going to miss that throw.

I was hoping for a late comeback - Jimmy had been doing it the whole year for us. Really, disappointing not to finish it off.
It's like making out with a hot chick but nothing more

Lol, yep.
Best SB memory was samuel playing hard and Ward creaming Mahomes

Yeah, that was good.
Yes, but not as much as Kyle who has faced criticisms for play calling and clock management in two Super Bowls.

I am sure both are motivated.
The entire team lost the super bowl in the last 7 minutes, nothing went right for any player or coach

lmao imagine how he feels
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
yes def. hes got at least 2 years to prove himself. with the loss of buckner, he is going to be expected to put up more points.

We scored 479 points, 2nd in the league.

I assume you mean more points during the super bowl?
Everyone does, especially the head coach and his dumb game mismanagement.

Me, too.

Me, too.

It went in slow motion on that play but the bad slow motion

I remember feeling overjoyed when Sanders got behind the D like holy s**t we are winning this game. Didn't think he was going to miss that throw.

Why are we acting like that's an easy throw to make?

I certainly wish they connected there but it's a timing throw to a guy who came in mid way through the season. They hooked up on a deep pass vs New Orleans and Rams...Jimmy tried to ensure Sanders didn't have to stop for it and put too much on it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Why are we acting like that's an easy throw to make?

I certainly wish they connected there but it's a timing throw to a guy who came in mid way through the season. They hooked up on a deep pass vs New Orleans and Rams...Jimmy tried to ensure Sanders didn't have to stop for it and put too much on it.

Yup. Those passes against the Rams and Saints were short and Sanders had to slow down on each to catch them. I remember that very vividly now.

Jimmy probably didn't want to get that pass INTed (but maybe that would have helped us since it would have been a punt pretty much).
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
yes def. hes got at least 2 years to prove himself. with the loss of buckner, he is going to be expected to put up more points.

More points....SF put up 29.9 per game in 2019, second in the league to BAL. Come on.
Nah, we lost as a team...he is part of that sure, but lets not pretend anyone expected us to get that far last year. Keep building, keep working, keep tinkering with the formula without blowing it up. If we are having this conversation two or three years from now....then yeah maybe Jimmy is the problem. Right now he is a developing QB who is winning a lot of games for us and has room to yet to grow.

Originally posted by jersey49er:
The entire team lost the super bowl in the last 7 minutes, nothing went right for any player or coach

This. The 3rd and 15, the play calling, the refs...it was a total team collapse. If one of those areas doesn't melt down or one of those several plays goes the other way, SF wins. Yes, Jimmy had a bad time to miss a couple, but so did everyone else.
It's hard to say Jimmy or anyone on this team needs to redeem themselves after going from 4-12 to 13-3 and nearly winning the SB.
  • thl408
Every player and coach not named Nick Bosa needs to redeem themselves from that SB performance.
I dont expect us to return to the SB again, that's very tough to do. But that doesn't mean he still can't have a really good season. He needs to prove he's a franchise QB, and that means he needs to be in the pro bowl at least.
I've stated it many times before, niners gonna rebound by winning the super bowl next season. Have faith boys and girls.
Share 49ersWebzone