LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Originally posted by genus49:
Someone may have beaten me to this by now but Mahomes wasn't talking sh*t. He was saying "great hit"...which it was.

No kidding. Very cool.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by genus49:
Someone may have beaten me to this by now but Mahomes wasn't talking sh*t. He was saying "great hit"...which it was.

No kidding. Very cool.

I'm actually glad we have ward back
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hell yea...i can close my eyes and just watch that ball sail over Sanders head.

People focus on that play way too much. It would've been a tough deep ball to drop over top of the coverage, and even if he hit Sanders, Mahomes had been moving the ball at will against our D, and would've had nearly 2 minutes to answer.

Bruh to miss a wide open wr that would give you the lead isn't focusing too much. Maybe the defense gets a turnover and closes it out. Maybe they fumble the kickoff.

Thats a tough deep throw. People keep acting like it was an easy, wide open play. Often times deep balls dont work out because they're hard to time correctly. Over throws are common because if you under throw it gets picked.
bottom line is ... jimmy played good enough last year for the team to get to the super bowl and almost win it. problem is ... when you get to the super bowl you have to make plays in crunch time to win the game. Mahomes made plays down the stretch and jimmy didn't .... it's as simple as that. the bad part about last year is its hard to get back the next year. I'm expecting 10-6 and playoffs next year but no super bowl and then there will be the question..... what do we do next. I don't know at this point.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
bottom line is ... jimmy played good enough last year for the team to get to the super bowl and almost win it. problem is ... when you get to the super bowl you have to make plays in crunch time to win the game. Mahomes made plays down the stretch and jimmy didn't .... it's as simple as that. the bad part about last year is its hard to get back the next year. I'm expecting 10-6 and playoffs next year but no super bowl and then there will be the question..... what do we do next. I don't know at this point.

If we don't win it next year, that's fine. To be honest I think the only team that feels like they can or should win it next year is the chiefs. The patriots are no longer that team that you think "well there's always the patriots."

Top of that, I've said this a few times. We shouldn't judge him on his inability to win the big one, just being able to get to the big game and compete for it is good enough.. we should be judging him on whether or not he improves his game, how he improves, and how he looks as these seasons progress... Dan Marino never won the big one and is considered one of the greats. Brees will probably go down as only ever winning 1 super bowl and he will be considered one of the greats. It's just that hard to win the big one.
Thats a tough deep throw. People keep acting like it was an easy, wide open play. Often times deep balls dont work out because they're hard to time correctly. Over throws are common because if you under throw it gets picked.

Overthrows and under throws are common. Overthrows because the QB fears the under throw or the receiver gets delayed on the pattern. Under throws happen when the QB is under pressure and has to doesn't have time to set his feet. That's why deep throws are not as common as a lot of people think. When they work it's a big play that makes the highlights but they don't usually replay all the ones that don't.
LOL, stupid thread
Originally posted by ShotTime:

If we don't win it next year, that's fine. To be honest I think the only team that feels like they can or should win it next year is the chiefs. The patriots are no longer that team that you think "well there's always the patriots."

Top of that, I've said this a few times. We shouldn't judge him on his inability to win the big one, just being able to get to the big game and compete for it is good enough.. we should be judging him on whether or not he improves his game, how he improves, and how he looks as these seasons progress... Dan Marino never won the big one and is considered one of the greats. Brees will probably go down as only ever winning 1 super bowl and he will be considered one of the greats. It's just that hard to win the big one.

as a longtime 49er fan I want championships. if jimmy doesn't win one in the next three years we need to find a qb who can. I'm not looking for a qb who would be considered one of the greats, I'm looking for one that can win the big game. nothing against Dan Marino, but I'm the type of guy that would take Eli Manning and his two super bowl wins over Dan Marino and all of his stats any day...
Keep in mind the bar is so high with the QB history of the 49ers a SB will be Jimmy G's only redemption.

as a longtime 49er fan I want championships. if jimmy doesn't win one in the next three years we need to find a qb who can. I'm not looking for a qb who would be considered one of the greats, I'm looking for one that can win the big game. nothing against Dan Marino, but I'm the type of guy that would take Eli Manning and his two super bowl wins over Dan Marino and all of his stats any day...

If that giants team(s) had Dan Marino instead of Eli, they'd have more than just the two they got with Eli is my point.....

To further my point in case it isn't making sense, just because a guy like Dan Marino didn't win the super bowl, doesn't mean you wouldn't want a Dan marino in 2020... that is my point. If jimmy g plays like Brees, or a new version of Marino etc, we would all be thrilled, and you would too..

If mahomes never wins another Super Bowl throughout his career, do you actually think the Kc fans would've wished they were using a different qb throughout this next decade..

Point being is, you want super bowl wins, ok that's fine, but you win Super Bowls when your qb is a great qb. You don't throw away a great qb for Trent dilfer just because dilfer won a super bowl...

If that giants team(s) had Dan Marino instead of Eli, they'd have more than just the two they got with Eli is my point.....

To further my point in case it isn't making sense, just because a guy like Dan Marino didn't win the super bowl, doesn't mean you wouldn't want a Dan marino in 2020... that is my point. If jimmy g plays like Brees, or a new version of Marino etc, we would all be thrilled, and you would too..

If mahomes never wins another Super Bowl throughout his career, do you actually think the Kc fans would've wished they were using a different qb throughout this next decade..

Point being is, you want super bowl wins, ok that's fine, but you win Super Bowls when your qb is a great qb. You don't throw away a great qb for Trent dilfer just because dilfer won a super bowl...

I would lol super win or bust ..... second place is for losers.... I get your point ... I'd still trade marinos stats for eli's two sb victories
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Mar 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM ]
Hell yea...i can close my eyes and just watch that ball sail over Sanders head.

People focus on that play way too much. It would've been a tough deep ball to drop over top of the coverage, and even if he hit Sanders, Mahomes had been moving the ball at will against our D, and would've had nearly 2 minutes to answer.

Bruh to miss a wide open wr that would give you the lead isn't focusing too much. Maybe the defense gets a turnover and closes it out. Maybe they fumble the kickoff.

Can we stop calling Sanders a wide open WR?

He was open. Tyreek Hill on 3rd and 15 was wide open.

Garoppolo's throw to Sanders was a MUCH tougher throw than Mahomes' pass to Hill.

I would lol super win or bust ..... second place is for losers.... I get your point ... I'd still trade marinos stats for eli's two sb victories

Anyone would trade no super bowl wins for two Super Bowl wins but your scenario requires being clairvoyant and that's just impossible. So it comes down to in 2020 would you rather have a guy like Brees or would you rather have Eli? Everyone would take Brees is my point even though a guy like Eli won 2 and Brees only won 1....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He'd have to win at least 2 superbowls to redeem himself for that s**t show. Most likely he'll never make it back.
Originally posted by susweel:
He'd have to win at least 2 superbowls to redeem himself for that s**t show. Most likely he'll never make it back.

I still always think how insane it is that Tom Brady won 6 Super Bowls. You'd have to win a super bowl every other year, for 12 years. It's hard to see someone passing him for most Super Bowl wins as a quarterback.... imagine if he wins one with the bucs lol.
Share 49ersWebzone