LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Should we rest Players against Rams if Opportunity is there?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we rest Players against Rams if Opportunity is there?

Lol no
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
N to the fvck O
I mean, you rest the injured guys.

I remember the 96 Broncos doing something weird and resting everyone vs. the Packers and getting blown out. They lost to the Jaguars in the playoffs
[ Edited by JustWin2019 on Dec 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM ]
Never been a fan of resting players unless it's for an injury. I would hold Ford and maybe Sherman out for the last 3 games so they can get healthier. Maybe rest sanders and Jimmy if we get a big enough lead. Other than that I want these guys to stay sharp. I've seen too many teams go flat by 'resting' players.
There is a chance that Seattle loses to Carolina this week. 10 AM start on the road, many players on the Panthers looking to impress so they don't get cut or get a job with a team next year, legitimate blue-chippers like McCaffrey, Kuechle and McCoy -- that team has some talent. I believe there was a story last week that showed the Seahawks were legitimately one of the luckiest teams in NFL history, reality caught up with them last night.

That said, I don't think there's a great chance that the Seahawks lose next week. If they don't, the team needs to rest anyone with almost any kind of ailment against the Rams, play the starters the rest of the time and play to win. It would be nice to place some pressure on Seattle with a win against the Rams that Saturday, but that game against the Cards is a mismatch between Seattle's receiving corps and the Cards' horrible secondary.

The Rams appear to own the tiebreakers against both the Vikings and the Packers, and regardless of what happens in their game against the Cowboys, they'll still have a chance (with a lot of help) when they play us in Week 16.

Strangely enough, the game against Atlanta matters more. If we lose to Atlanta, beat the Rams and lose to the 'Cawks and Minnesota wins out, we end up with the #6 seed. If we beat Atlanta and then lose to the Rams and Cawks, then we have the #5 seed.
[ Edited by ColorMeBaddFan on Dec 9, 2019 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
IF WE have the home field, I say REST the ones who needs to rest..

and IF I'm the owner of the team, or GM, I'll speak to the entire team and let everyone who needs certain stats to get that BONUS, that they will be seated and allow to heal and STILL get their BONUS for playing HARD all year long..

Allow the backups to wet their beaks!!

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
No. I don't believe in resting players.

I'd rather go for the kill

IF WE have the home field, I say REST the ones who needs to rest..

and IF I'm the owner of the team, or GM, I'll speak to the entire team and let everyone who needs certain stats to get that BONUS, that they will be seated and allow to heal and STILL get their BONUS for playing HARD all year long..

Allow the backups to wet their beaks!!

Sounds good in theory but not sure I'd risk losing momentum the same way the rams did awhile back.
Rams rested vs us week 17 and got first round bye bye. 17 week season play all 17 weeks to win minus bye week
We don't rest against anybody. We have nothing locked up. You rest guys you lose. Then Seattle wins the division. There is nothing locked up for this team. We are on a very thin margin right now.
Ridiculous. We have enough injuries and cannot risk taking it easy against the Rams who looked very good vs. Seattle.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Resting players is how soft teams go into the playoffs to lose.

Who is left to rest? We have a lot of hurt guys on 'D' especially now.

Carolina has a great running game but seems to be worse under their interim coach than under Rivera so I don't see Seattle losing that one, nor Arizona going to Seattle and getting a win, though I imagine the Cards will be pesky and it will be close.
Originally posted by 808niner:
Rams rested vs us week 17 and got first round bye bye. 17 week season play all 17 weeks to win minus bye week

They didn't get a 1st round bye. They played a wildcard falcons team and lost
4 Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by 808niner:

They didn't get a 1st round bye. They played a wildcard falcons team and lost

Originally posted by mattster03:

Thought he meant 2017. Rams didn't rest their players last year
Share 49ersWebzone