LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Taking a look at the 49ers cap situation in 2020 and beyond

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Now do the Rams

Trade 2022 and 2023 first round picks to a team willing to take Gurley's contract. If no takers, include 2024 and 2025 first round picks.

I can see RB Gurley traded before deadline or offseason
Originally posted by tohara3:
I can see RB Gurley traded before deadline or offseason

Who would take on that contract? He looks like damaged goods
This is awesome.

The way AA is playing, $12M/yr seems light, no? In terms of production, it's pretty hard to tell him apart from DeFo, and that's saying a lot. Dude would be the best Dlineman on most squads rn and he's only 25.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
This is awesome.

The way AA is playing, $12M/yr seems light, no? In terms of production, it's pretty hard to tell him apart from DeFo, and that's saying a lot. Dude would be the best Dlineman on most squads rn and he's only 25.

I can see them giving AA like a $15M a yr deal that includes incentives that make it up to $15M a year, but staying at $12M a year without incentives. That can be done with many of their contracts.

Plus those won't be his cap numbers obviously, they would backload the deals into 2022 and 2023.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
WOW!!!!! Impressive AB.

Question, how did you come to Kittle's and Amstead's avg salary? Seems a little light, especially Kittle.

I just went with what I feel the players values are.

TE's still haven't seen the massive explosions in salary that other positions have. Isnt the top TE still just over half of Cooks's salary?

The top TE APY is Jimmy Graham at $10M, so Kittle will surpass it, Darren Waller just signed a 3yr extension with the Raiders for $9M a year APY. Kittle will get $12M probably per year.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
WOW!!!!! Impressive AB.

Question, how did you come to Kittle's and Amstead's avg salary? Seems a little light, especially Kittle.

I just went with what I feel the players values are.

TE's still haven't seen the massive explosions in salary that other positions have. Isnt the top TE still just over half of Cooks's salary?

I see Gronk's Base in 2018 was $8,000,000. So $12,000,000 seems realistic for Kittle in 2020. Your projection seems on the money.

Thanks 60sfan
Time to update after the Sanders trade. I don't like the trade, unless we end up winning the Superbowl this season.
Time to update after the Sanders trade. I don't like the trade, unless we end up winning the Superbowl this season.

This just means Paraag will be creative even more with extensions, re-signing, new FAs, etc....

This just means Paraag will be creative even more with extensions, re-signing, new FAs, etc....

So basically the core can't be resigned. Cmon now Paraag is the best cap guy in the nfl and he will find a way to keep the core together along with Sherman juice
Originally posted by goldensnake:

So basically the core can't be resigned. Cmon now Paraag is the best cap guy in the nfl and he will find a way to keep the core together along with Sherman juice

Didn't say that, our core can't be re-signed, only AA and Blair are FAs, and Sanders if he does well. Breida is a RFA. Buck, Kittle, Sherm, Spoon, and Juice don't need deals until after 2020, or they could lower their base salaries, making up the bonus structure. Jimmy will get restructured, same for likely Kwon, Staley, and Ford. It sucks, but it's a must to keep our core together. Plus Jet and Goodwin are goners.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 22, 2019 at 4:50 PM ]
Originally posted by goldensnake:

Didn't say that, our core can be re-signed, only AA and Blair are FAs, and Sanders if he does well. Breida is a RFA. Buck, Kittle, Sherm, Spoon, and Juice don't need deals until after 2020, or they could lower their base salaries, making up the bonus structure. Jimmy will get restructured, same for likely Kwon, Staley, and Ford. It sucks, but it's a must to keep our core together. Plus Jet and Goodwin are goners.

Great job as always AB81

Sanders is worth it.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 22, 2019 at 4:14 PM ]
Updated with a new article. http://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/23/revisiting-the-49ers-2020-beyond-salary-cap-situation-post-emmanuel-sanders-trade/
  • Kyzen
Updated with a new article. http://49erscap.com/index.php/2019/10/23/revisiting-the-49ers-2020-beyond-salary-cap-situation-post-emmanuel-sanders-trade/

dang man, thats a lot of work, thanks for the link, awesome job!!!!
Originally posted by Kyzen:

dang man, thats a lot of work, thanks for the link, awesome job!!!!

Thanks, now what we could do to retain Armstead for like $15M a year, is add incentives that are NLTBEs, like Richard Sherman has. Same can be done for any of the players.

Great job
Share 49ersWebzone