LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 317 users in the forums

The Cleveland Browns -- A Long-Time 49er Nemesis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by English:
This would be the Cleveland Browns that became the Baltimore Ravens? Or the team that was formed in 1999?

Oh wow that's right. This Browns team the 49ers are playing on MNF isn't the same franchise that played at Kezar.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
This would be the Cleveland Browns that became the Baltimore Ravens? Or the team that was formed in 1999?

Oh wow that's right. This Browns team the 49ers are playing on MNF isn't the same franchise that played at Kezar.
one thing is for sure. monday night football was better back in the day. the yellow sports coats. howard or dandy don drunk. the half time highlights which all kids my age then stayed up for

I believe the NFL let the Browns keep their history. That's why the Ravens have an est. Date of 1996. If memory serves that was one of the concessions Modell had to make and it was announced that Cleveland was getting an Expansion team back.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 3, 2019 at 10:51 AM ]
That's correct. In fact, 49er ownership was instrumental in keeping a team in Cleveland.
Originally posted by cciowa:

one thing is for sure. monday night football was better back in the day. the yellow sports coats. howard or dandy don drunk. the half time highlights which all kids my age then stayed up for
Back in ancient times before the Internet and ESPN, the halftime highlights were the only opportunity we had to see a lot of teams, if only for a few seconds.
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Due to OP's lameness and responses in this thread I now refuse to read the article.

Good. It may take you far too long to read...

I'm amazed that people prefer to prolong their ignorance by not reading. Rates right up there with by not watching and not thinking...Brilliant!
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Oct 5, 2019 at 5:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone