LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 338 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I know this is the Baltimore thread, but Johnny I would love to see your analysis of the play where Richburg got injured. A couple of items:
1. 3rd and 1 play that we failed miserably - why do you feel we failed?
2. Looking at the replay, Richburg gets pushed back by the defensive tackle, and a guard's leg was right behind him. Should the guard's leg be there? Was it a mistake by the guard? I am just curious how lineman avoid these injuries on a regular basis if failing on your block means you are going to get a serious injury.

.be
I'm sorry I don't have as much time these days to put into the write-ups. Just got too many irons in the fire this time of year, but most of what I'd say will be in the intro's of the videos.
This one is the man we all want to be and all the ladies want to be with, Jimmy G.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
.be
I'm sorry I don't have as much time these days to put into the write-ups. Just got too many irons in the fire this time of year, but most of what I'd say will be in the intro's of the videos.
This one is the man we all want to be and all the ladies want to be with, Jimmy G.

Great as usual! Thank you!
The time you've devoted to making and posting this analysis for us is enough and much appreciated.

You're work here is par for the course for you, which is to say outstanding.
  • thl408
The throw to Deebo with a defender right in his face @8:45. Hot damn that's a nice throw.
NO dialed up a good variety of coverages and none of them worked. I think teams are doing Jimmy a favor blitzing him, and they are doing Kyle a favor playing zone. Bunch of the throws you highlighted, fire zone blitzes.
I didn't know that defender covering Kittle on 4th & 2 was a rookie. That's a bad coaching decision. Very good video jd.
I'm actually more interested in how our defense got gashed. Was it our rookie linebackers and backup safety getting exploited?
Originally posted by FeelLicks:
I'm actually more interested in how our defense got gashed. Was it our rookie linebackers and backup safety getting exploited?

a few things - I'll make a video on that too. But, Brees was giving a master class on moving zone defenders with his eyes, we gave a ton of respect to Michael Thomas - whis is one reason he went off late in the game after we had stopped NO on like 4 straight drives. poor tackling, and missing basic defensive stuff, and Marcel Harris played really, really poorly.
Originally posted by thl408:
The throw to Deebo with a defender right in his face @8:45. Hot damn that's a nice throw.
NO dialed up a good variety of coverages and none of them worked. I think teams are doing Jimmy a favor blitzing him, and they are doing Kyle a favor playing zone. Bunch of the throws you highlighted, fire zone blitzes.
I didn't know that defender covering Kittle on 4th & 2 was a rookie. That's a bad coaching decision. Very good video jd.

Yeah, I didn't either until when I was looking at that play I looked up who was covering him so I'd get it right on the video. Saw on NO's site, "S, rookie" I went, "wait....what!?!" LOL.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
.be

Thanks for the review, jonny - good stuff.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 11, 2019 at 1:24 AM ]
Jimmy is the way, the truth and the life.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
.be

Great as usual! Thank you!

Great video, thanks so much!
.be

This is the way.

a few things - I'll make a video on that too. But, Brees was giving a master class on moving zone defenders with his eyes, we gave a ton of respect to Michael Thomas - whis is one reason he went off late in the game after we had stopped NO on like 4 straight drives. poor tackling, and missing basic defensive stuff, and Marcel Harris played really, really poorly.

does that worry you going forward until we get Tartt back?
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

No, because Payton and Brees are masters at attacking a weakness and Harris was probably a bit amped up being in the dome, on the road for 2 weeks, playoff atmosphere, all that.
I expect the defensive side and the coaches to get him squared away. He just needed to settle down and do his job. He was trying to do other people's job too many times.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

No, because Payton and Brees are masters at attacking a weakness and Harris was probably a bit amped up being in the dome, on the road for 2 weeks, playoff atmosphere, all that.
I expect the defensive side and the coaches to get him squared away. He just needed to settle down and do his job. He was trying to do other people's job too many times.

but what about the linebackers not getting enough depth in their zones? is that a bit of a concern at all? or just a severe product of Brees, and Payton as well?
Share 49ersWebzone