There are 95 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

I noticed that too while watching the game I was like dam we're 1st!
  • thl408
The 49er were 0-6 on 3rd downs coming into the 4Q and finished 3-9 with all three conversions coming on the final drive. Here are those plays.
3rd & 10. Fade Out vs Fire Zone blitz. Red clears space for yellow. Packers will overload blitz the left side of the 49er OL and get a free rusher in.

Bourne stems outside to attack the slot CB's outside leverage before breaking his route. Jimmy has already started his throwing motion. Bourne in the middle of his break.

+13. Really nice route from Bourne.

If this ball is released any later the blitzer can smack Jimmy and it's a legal hit. Shout out to that DB for not being a d.
  • thl408
3rd & 4
Bunch of crossing routes vs Cover 1 robber. Good playcall, Kyle. #50 had been having a rough game in pass coverage and it's about to get worse - Mostert is his man.

Kittle is the first crosser and draws the attention of the robber coming down from his safety spot. Bourne trails Kittle. This clears space for Mostert vs #50.

+22
  • thl408
3rd & 2
Power. 49ers rush to the line and snap the ball. In this pic the ball is snapped. 90 doesn't know where to line up.

+5
  • thl408
very next play

gg
^^ Nice breakdown of Spoon coming up to fill on the run. Ward, AA, and Spoon making plays. What is going on?

Exactly. Up is down and down is up.
After the big Kittle touchdown, GB answers with a long drive of their own, aided by a holding call by AA on a 3rd & 6, then again on a KWilliams pass interference on 4th & 10. They are now threatening to get into scoring position. This was the point in the game I thought the 49ers put the last nail in the coffin. I'll show the four plays that led to the end of this Packer drive.
4Q 2nd & 8
Inside zone

Buckner draws the offensive holding call on the left guard. Or was it the TE holding Bosa? Either way, GB gets flagged for holding.

Bosa gets grabbed and turned too. But rookies dont get those calls.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think this dline is better than the 2011-2012 Niner dline. I don't remember that 2011 line being this dominant this often from game to game. 4-3 vs 3-4, but in terms of dominant upfront, I thinks 2019 collectively is the s**t!

For me, it reminds me of that '84 line. Fred, Michael, Gary and Dwaine.

If it reminds you of any part of that 84 defense, it ain't too bad

Dan Marino was the hottest qb in the NFL just like Lamar right now...

Yeah

This dline is performing at a much much higher level than any front we have had since 1976.

You have to go back to gold rush days of hart hardman elam and webb to find a unit comparable in its disruptiveness.

And this one is doing better because it is much more consistent in deforming pockets from no predictable direction.

The only constant is that you know bosa will push back his blockers or penetrate.

Otherwise the blow up could come left right behind or in front of the qb.

Cant block scheme that.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 28, 2019 at 1:16 AM ]

.be
Sorry this is out a couple days late, guys. Just been running out of time this week

I love your work dude. I understand more about football because of watching your breakdowns. thank you
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, jonny.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Thanks, jonny.

You finally have some gottayum film review news
Originally posted by Andra:
I love your work dude. I understand more about football because of watching your breakdowns. thank you

Thanks, man!
JD

Just outstanding dude.
Share 49ersWebzone