LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think this dline is better than the 2011-2012 Niner dline. I don't remember that 2011 line being this dominant this often from game to game. 4-3 vs 3-4, but in terms of dominant upfront, I thinks 2019 collectively is the s**t!

For me, it reminds me of that '84 line. Fred, Michael, Gary and Dwaine.

If it reminds you of any part of that 84 defense, it ain't too bad

Dan Marino was the hottest qb in the NFL just like Lamar right now...

Yeah

This dline is performing at a much much higher level than any front we have had since 1976.

You have to go back to gold rush days of hart hardman elam and webb to find a unit comparable in its disruptiveness.

And this one is doing better because it is much more consistent in deforming pockets from no predictable direction.

The only constant is that you know bosa will push back his blockers or penetrate.

Otherwise the blow up could come left right behind or in front of the qb.

Cant block scheme that.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 28, 2019 at 1:16 AM ]

.be
Sorry this is out a couple days late, guys. Just been running out of time this week
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I love your work dude. I understand more about football because of watching your breakdowns. thank you
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, jonny.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Thanks, jonny.

You finally have some gottayum film review news
Originally posted by Andra:
I love your work dude. I understand more about football because of watching your breakdowns. thank you

Thanks, man!
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
.be
Sorry this is out a couple days late, guys. Just been running out of time this week

BAL stacked the box on that 4th and down, but with the 49ers in a tight formation, it invited the stacked box. If they weren't going to playaction and be in shotgun, then spread out the formation. Jimmy looked to Deebo first, but with Mostert doing a check release, it delayed his route and his defender was in the passing lane to Deebo. Maybe that's why Jimmy looked off of Deebo.
Very nice breakdown of the 4th & 1 where BAL placed two OTs to one side.

What did you think of the way the 49ers defended the zone read? They wanted Jackson to keep it, run it between the hash and the numbers where there are LBs and a downhill safety. Daring him to do it 15-20 times, and he did. I thought poor execution of a few defenders on those zone reads really hurt the 49ers. On some plays maybe the bad footing played a role, on some plays it was mental mistakes. Some of those BAL run plays I doubt any other team in the league uses them. I'd love a rematch with these birds.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
It was interesting you raised how the oline was meant to seal the edge and Mostert was to read when to cut and go down field. From my observation Mostert was reading his cuts really well and would not cut too early into coverage often taking it right out to the edge. On the other hand Coleman seemed to be cutting too early and running straight into coverage.

Seems Mostert has really improved how he reads the coverage and is making the right decisions but Coleman is not. I was a bit disappointed with Coleman doing this as he seemed to be a better Rb earlier in the year when he came back from injury. Any reason why you think Mostert's game is going up while Coleman's is going down Jonnydel or thl408? Both have the same coach
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Great analysis, as always. Particularly the fumble by Jimmy G. Most fans tend to point out the end result and ignore the other factors that went into a play.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Has any thought been given to put JohnnyDel's videos on the front page? It would give his videos a lot more visibility, and to be honest, would be the highest quality content available for a 49er fan.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Has any thought been given to put JohnnyDel's videos on the front page? It would give his videos a lot more visibility, and to be honest, would be the highest quality content available for a 49er fan.

My week isn't complete without this thread, lol. Thank you Jonny!
@jonnydel what's your take on whether the bad weather helped ravens or Niners?

And what's your thoughts on how Niners should play LJ when they meet in the SB?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

I am not jonnydel, but my take is that rain weakens the passing attack, and the 49ers have a stronger passing attack than Baltimore. Therefore it hurt the 49ers more than Baltimore.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

I am not jonnydel, but my take is that rain weakens the passing attack, and the 49ers have a stronger passing attack than Baltimore. Therefore it hurt the 49ers more than Baltimore.

The ball is a lot harder to throw when it is soaking wet. You can see it drop like a rock when he passes it to Bourne and Bourne does a good job diving down to catch it. The extra weight in the ball when it is wet also affects a QB's feel when they throw it. Because their feel is out they often don't pass it hard enough to make the target as they anticipated less force to make the throw. Rain is always going to favour a good running team and it gets evened out when a better passing opponent is handicapped with a wet ball. Even worse if it is windy as well.
Share 49ersWebzone