LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 264 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
I couldn't find a thread on this kid felt like he deserves one with the play he is showing. He played well on the outside against Dallas and was later moved to the inside were he held his own. Interesting that the staff is taking a long look at him. His versatility may land him a spot. It will be an up hill battle but he is showing a lot of good stuff so far.
Totally agree. He's going to make the team at slot and could, realistically challenge K'Waun Williams as Williams is another oft-injured player.

Remember, Reed moved outside so he has a clear path to a roster spot now. Both Reed and Moseley can play inside and out. That's very important.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM ]
Yea he played good even on that play he got flagged he was step for step just had to turn his head. He'll learn.
You can see the natural talent and length. But you can also see the lack of experience. He definitely stands out though when watching him play.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HE EARNED another preseason game IMO.
He's not bad at all. Way better than d Johnson and the late great Niner Mabin. I think the last spot is between him and q Rollins
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I like Moseley for the spot.
Originally posted by elguapo:
He's not bad at all. Way better than d Johnson and the late great Niner Mabin. I think the last spot is between him and q Rollins

What's funny, I had both making the 53 when they first arrived. Then Hafley had EM disappear and asked Reed to play FS. SMH. Welcome aboard Woods.
Great athlete and seems to cover decently, just needs to trust his athleticism and not grab receivers.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Great athlete and seems to cover decently, just needs to trust his athleticism and not grab receivers.

Yup. And get that head turned around.

Ditto.

Moseley, IMO, has a much bigger upside and long-term production.
Originally posted by NCommand:

What's funny, I had both making the 53 when they first arrived. Then Hafley had EM disappear and asked Reed to play FS. SMH. Welcome aboard Woods.

I am so glad these coaches are playing these players at their natural positions because Reed was awesome in college on the outside. I think he's pretty good in this lot as well I think he should be our first option after Williams in the slot and our third option on the depth chart at outside corner.

I am so glad these coaches are playing these players at their natural positions because Reed was awesome in college on the outside. I think he's pretty good in this lot as well I think he should be our first option after Williams in the slot and our third option on the depth chart at outside corner.

Yes sir. And I liked how EM is developing there too.
Totally agree. He's going to make the team at slot and could, realistically challenge K'Waun Williams as Williams is another oft-injured player.

Remember, Reed moved outside so he has a clear path to a roster spot now. Both Reed and Moseley can play inside and out. That's very important.

I also like this kid too, I think he makes the squad, but IMO I love Reed in the slot and think he's best there, Williams is signed for I believe 1 more year so I think Reed could take over for him while he backs him up this year, I'm pretty high on DJ Reed, I think he's the most athletic quick DB on the team, still very young and needs to learn more but you learn most in game action so I hope he plays a lot these preseason games..
Share 49ersWebzone