49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 782 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Brisket will have all day to throw tomorrow

Naaah, not sure if you've noticed but Raheem Morris likes to send Stout after the QB. Even on run blitz, Morris sends Stout. He's been a menace, making plays all over the field.

Agree, I think Stout will replace Bosa as the designated edge rusher. but seriously, I agree with you that he'll use Stout to pressure the AZ passing game a lot more than the first two games becuase of the Bosa injury.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,132
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Brisket will have all day to throw tomorrow

Naaah, not sure if you've noticed but Raheem Morris likes to send Stout after the QB. Even on run blitz, Morris sends Stout. He's been a menace, making plays all over the field.

Agree, I think Stout will replace Bosa as the designated edge rusher. but seriously, I agree with you that he'll use Stout to pressure the AZ passing game a lot more than the first two games becuase of the Bosa injury.

lol don't be surprised if you see Stout rushing off the edge on a three point stance.
Looks like we worked out a bunch of defensive ends, some probably without any tread left. What happened to Floyd?

Defensive Line vs Arizona

DE- Khalid Kareem / Viliami Fehoko
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa / Kevin Givens / Sebastian Valdez
DT- Gracen Halton / Naquon Jones
DE- Keion White / Ogbo Okoronkwo

Injured:
Nick Bosa
Romello Height
James Thompson
Alfred Collins
CJ West
Sam Okuayinonu

Unreal
[ Edited by Sask49erFan on Sep 26, 2026 at 2:52 PM ]
I thought Jackson would get the nod this week. They have no one this week to eat up space in the middle...If I'm Arizona I'm running inside and running combo blocks all day.

Edit. I see that Jones is there. Hopefully, he can plug.
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Sep 26, 2026 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Defensive Line vs Arizona

DE- Khalid Kareem / Viliami Fehoko (Fehoko is a second cousin of Vita Vea)
DT- Osa Odiahizuwa / Kevin Givens / Sebastian Valdez
DT- Gracen Halton / Naquon Jones
DE- Keion White / Ogbo Okoronkwo

Injured:
Nick Bosa
Romello Height
James Thompson
Alfred Collins
CJ West
Sam Okuayinonu

Unreal

See bold.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Looks like we worked out a bunch of defensive ends, some probably without any tread left. What happened to Floyd?


I feel like Floyd isn't a guy who would have to workout. Kyle said they reached out to him. I think it's likely a situation where they need to meet his price. He doesn't need to tryout; if he agreed to whatever offer they have or they agreed to his asking price, he would simply be signed. Similar to Brandon Cooks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,132
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Looks like we worked out a bunch of defensive ends, some probably without any tread left. What happened to Floyd?


I bet they sign Jamin Davis.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
I thought Jackson would get the nod this week. They have no one this week to eat up space in the middle...If I'm Arizona I'm running inside and running combo blocks all day.

Edit. I see that Jones is there. Hopefully, he can plug.

Yea a little surprised he wasn't elevated. He's one of the few guys we have left I was interested to see get a shot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,132
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
I thought Jackson would get the nod this week. They have no one this week to eat up space in the middle...If I'm Arizona I'm running inside and running combo blocks all day.

Edit. I see that Jones is there. Hopefully, he can plug.

Yea a little surprised he wasn't elevated. He's one of the few guys we have left I was interested to see get a shot.

How the hell does Givens who keeps getting ran over keep making his way back on the roster? Active roster!!!! I'm happy to see Fehoko and Valdez get the call, but we already know WTF we have in Givens!!! Smh
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,431
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
I thought Jackson would get the nod this week. They have no one this week to eat up space in the middle...If I'm Arizona I'm running inside and running combo blocks all day.

Edit. I see that Jones is there. Hopefully, he can plug.

Yea a little surprised he wasn't elevated. He's one of the few guys we have left I was interested to see get a shot.

How the hell does Givens who keeps getting ran over keep making his way back on the roster? Active roster!!!! I'm happy to see Fehoko and Valdez get the call, but we already know WTF we have in Givens!!! Smh

Jackson might need another 1-2 weeks to acclimate to our scheme and get into proper conditioning.
We desperately need another DT.
Halton hurt now.

7 defensive linemen are hurt
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
I thought Jackson would get the nod this week. They have no one this week to eat up space in the middle...If I'm Arizona I'm running inside and running combo blocks all day.

Edit. I see that Jones is there. Hopefully, he can plug.

Yea a little surprised he wasn't elevated. He's one of the few guys we have left I was interested to see get a shot.

How the hell does Givens who keeps getting ran over keep making his way back on the roster? Active roster!!!! I'm happy to see Fehoko and Valdez get the call, but we already know WTF we have in Givens!!! Smh

Knows the scheme, doesn't get injured.

I get what you're saying, but most guys that far down the pecking order are going to be bad.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone