LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles - S - Arizona - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I think he forgot the 't on can't.

He's a solid tackler from what I've read and seen (which isn't a ton) I don't think he's anything special and I don't think he's a FS at all.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's a solid tackler from what I've read and seen (which isn't a ton) I don't think he's anything special and I don't think he's a FS at all.

I watch some once he was signed and saw some Reuben Foster tackling technique that works in college.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
he's a SS that can tackle.

Exum is better... in fact, Exum might be the best on the team

Agree. Flannigan Fowles was awful from what I saw.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Great to see this guy overcome the odds. They must have seen something in him.
I find the transition from Safety to Line Backer interesting. And what exactly is a hybrid in this position?

The foot injury is a concern especially since this team has a poor record in that category.

Gives a good reason to keep an eye on special teams though.
Hopefully he's learned to be a better tackler. Coverage and positioning really wasn't the issue. He could be better than Azeez either way because Azeez struggled with that on ST last year, in addition to discipline on D.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Great to see this guy overcome the odds. They must have seen something in him.
I find the transition from Safety to Line Backer interesting. And what exactly is a hybrid in this position?

The foot injury is a concern especially since this team has a poor record in that category.

Gives a good reason to keep an eye on special teams though.

Don't know much about Flannigan Fowles. Does the FO see a bit of Fred Warner in this guy? Warner played a quasi-safety role at BYU.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Don't know much about Flannigan Fowles. Does the FO see a bit of Fred Warner in this guy? Warner played a quasi-safety role at BYU.

Warner gave his endorsement.

Warner gave his endorsement.
Per Matt Maiocco NBC Sprorts

Before Warner went on the COVID-19 list last week, he spoke glowingly of Flannigan-Fowles.

"He has the right mindset," Warner said. "He's one of the guys who is the first one in the building, the last one out and I have nothing but good things to say about him. He's getting everything he deserves right now.

"I'm just so happy for him he's such a great athlete and has that physically you want to see from a safety transition to linebacker. Can't say enough good things about Flan.

Flannigan-Fowles showed a lot of promise with his practice performances this summer at middle linebacker both in the run game and in pass coverage.

"And aside from being a real talented athlete, he's done a nice job from making the transition from the safety position to linebacker," Lynch said. "He is a top-rate person and human being and the way he works is as good as it gets.

"So we're real proud of him. We think he'll be able to contribute in a big way on special teams and will always keep improving because he's relentless to be the best that he can be."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Flannigan-Fowles showed a lot of promise with his practice performances this summer at middle linebacker both in the run game and in pass coverage.

"And aside from being a real talented athlete, he's done a nice job from making the transition from the safety position to linebacker," Lynch said. "He is a top-rate person and human being and the way he works is as good as it gets.

"So we're real proud of him. We think he'll be able to contribute in a big way on special teams and will always keep improving because he's relentless to be the best that he can be."

. Great stuff, I'm always in favor of getting more depth, younger talent, and getting the cap shrunk to make room to sign our aging but still good stars on the team. Trent Williams and possibly Sherminator - these two will command significant cap space next year, for sure.

Originally posted by Giedi:

. Great stuff, I'm always in favor of getting more depth, younger talent, and getting the cap shrunk to make room to sign our aging but still good stars on the team. Trent Williams and possibly Sherminator - these two will command significant cap space next year, for sure.

One of my better predictions to be on the squad. While most were predicting PS at the most, I just had the feeling with the way the game is evolving and the athleticism this guy brings to the position that he was going to beat out Walker.
Despite what Mr. six-A has to say about this, it's going to be exciting to see how DFF develops. Hopefully he avoids injury and becomes a stand-out.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
One of my better predictions to be on the squad. While most were predicting PS at the most, I just had the feeling with the way the game is evolving and the athleticism this guy brings to the position that he was going to beat out Walker.
Despite what Mr. six-A has to say about this, it's going to be exciting to see how DFF develops. Hopefully he avoids injury and becomes a stand-out.
You must be a Money Ball fan?
Not sure but I think it's Flan?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The game is getting faster and lighter over time. So guys like Demetrius is going to be looked at to slow down all these fast break offenses. I like how ShanaLynch and the front office is evolving their approach on the defensive side.

The game is getting faster and lighter over time. So guys like Demetrius is going to be looked at to slow down all these fast break offenses. I like how ShanaLynch and the front office is evolving their approach on the defensive side.

Share 49ersWebzone