LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles - S - Arizona - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Draft Report: (draftanalyst.com)

Pos:
Nice-sized safety best playing downhill. Keeps the action in front of him, displays good awareness and has a burst to the ball out of his plant. Quickly moves up the field to defend the run, squares into ball carriers and hits hard. Explosive at the point and works to jar the ball loose. Works hard to get off blocks and effectively reads and diagnoses the action most of the time.
Neg:
Lacks great range. Comes off a disappointing season.
Analysis:
Flannigan-Fowles possesses the size and enough speed to get consideration as a backup strong safety or as a dime back in zone coverage. He's a nasty defender with a special-teams mentality, which gives him a chance this summer.
What happened to make his last season disappointing?
I'm interested to see him play in preseason, likely a Practice Squader, they GTD him $62,500 between a $50K base GTD, and a $12,500 signing bonus.
What are the chances he pushes for the starting job? I was hoping Moore would get a chance to move back, but if he doesn't, will this kid really push AC?
Who are the Safeties on the squad?? AC,Exum, Damn who else??
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Who are the Safeties on the squad?? AC,Exum, Damn who else??

Tartt, Marcel Harris, Tyree Robinson
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
What are the chances he pushes for the starting job? I was hoping Moore would get a chance to move back, but if he doesn't, will this kid really push AC?

I"m hoping *every* undrafted player has a shot at a starting job. If not, I'd be very disappointed in ShanaLynch. Having said that, we do need some depth at safety, and am hoping he comes out looking like a future all star in training camp and pre-season.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Nice. Thank you.
Gotta love a long shot.
Best safety on the team.

he's a SS that can tackle.
It's funny how we always seem to have high expectations for UFAs but want to criticize our draft picks. I guess we just like to root for underdogs.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It's funny how we always seem to have high expectations for UFAs but want to criticize our draft picks. I guess we just like to root for underdogs.

Not I sir. I don't see this guy even making the practice squad. Surprised he even got signed as a UDFA
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Exum is better... in fact, Exum might be the best on the team
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Exum is better... in fact, Exum might be the best on the team

I think he forgot the 't on can't.
Share 49ersWebzone