LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Super Bowl or bust off season. Restore the franchise.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
FA:

~ Sign Kwon Alexander. He gives us a fast, productive LB who can fly around and make tackles and cover speedy guys too.
~ Sign Earl Thomas. He gives us the interceptions and turnovers we need.
~ Sign Justin Houston. He give us the outside pass rush we have needed for so long.

Draft:

#2 overall - Quinnen Williams. He becomes our Aaron Donald. He will crush the pocket from the inside and provide interior pass rush and push.

2nd round pick - Hakeem Butler. 6'5" 227 lbs. 4.48 speed in the 40 yard dash. 60 receptions, 1318 yards, 9 TD's in 2018. He becomes the big, fast, tall rangy, productive WR this team has needed for years and years.

QB Situation:

Jimmy Garoppolo - He gets healthy coming off a knee injury providing us with a Franchise QB.

Nick Mullens - Gives us at least a high end backup QB providing some wins if Jimmy G goes down for a few games.

We have some of the most cap room of any team. Time to spend some of it and get better. Can this team make the Super Bowl and over take the Rams in the NFC?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 11, 2019 at 8:00 PM ]
Nice like the FA moves. My draft would be Josh Allen in 1st & Riley Ridley in 2nd
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice like the FA moves. My draft would be Josh Allen in 1st & Riley Ridley in 2nd

I like Josh Allen a lot. He is a good pass rusher. My thinking is if we can get a pass rusher in FA that frees us up for Quinnen Williams who is the next Aaron Donald. We have seen the impact that he has. It's incredible. Plus I think Williams may be better. Bosa is injured a lot and has not demonstrated the ability to stay healthy through a whole season. I'm not sure about that at #2 overall. I think there are risks there. More than people think.
good plan, but risky.

We won't have a young outside EDGE rusher to groom for the next 10 years. Having Houston would make our playoff window too short since hes old. As much as I like QW, I'm hoping hes the last resort if we don't have any trade offers, and if Bosa is off the board.

Big fan of Hakeem Butler in the 2nd, but not sure if Shanahan will like him as much.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Mar 11, 2019 at 9:16 PM ]
You know most here like to build for the future. Right
no thanks to drafting a WR. This franchise stinks at that. Trade the 2nd with the Giants and get a first ballot hof WR. Forget Houston, he's old and expensive.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
good plan, but risky.

We won't have a young outside EDGE rusher to groom for the next 10 years. Having Houston would make our playoff window too short since hes old. As much as I like QW, I'm hoping hes the last resort if we don't have any trade offers, and if Bosa is off the board.

Big fan of Hakeem Butler in the 2nd, but not sure if Shanahan will like him as much.

Yes but Bosa is injured and didn't make it through a whole season. That's already a big red flag IMO. A huge one.
Originally posted by Viperboy:
You know most here like to build for the future. Right

Yes I am tired of that now. Very tired. We have been losing for 20 years minus a few Harbaugh years. That's enough now. Enough is enough.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I think the Eagles and maybe even the Saints have a better roster than LAR.
Bust.

Double post.....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 11, 2019 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by awp8912:
no thanks to drafting a WR. This franchise stinks at that. Trade the 2nd with the Giants and get a first ballot hof WR. Forget Houston, he's old and expensive.

Houston was productive as soon as last year. That's very recent.

As for a WR when was the last time you have seen them pick a tall, rangy, fast, productive one? Because that isn't what they do. They pick small WR's over and over. That's why they fail. We need a big WR who can overpower guys and get the jump ball in the endzone. Time to try something different. Other teams have this. Just not us.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I think the Eagles and maybe even the Saints have a better roster than LAR.

I don't see how they are better. I didn't see that on the field.

This team could compete for best in the NFC. I'm not sure if they could beat the Patriots?
Sounds good but let's pass on Houston and Bosa has to our target.
My dream scenario would be something like trade back with the Giants for their #6 and OBJ, they receive our #2 and a future 1st or 2nd. Then we still pick up a dominant edge like Josh Allen.

Pipe dreams. Pure pipe dreams.
Share 49ersWebzone