LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Super Bowl or bust off season. Restore the franchise.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Sounds good but let's pass on Houston and Bosa has to our target.

Bosa comes with major concerns. Everybody talks about him like he is the sure fire #2 overall pick. Maybe he is. Who knows? But he hasn't even proven he can stay healthy against College competition. What makes you think against bigger, stronger, more physical, better pros he can stay healthy? He hasn't proven that at all. Plus due to his lost time he hasn't even put up the best numbers. Bosa is a "projection" of what people want to believe he can be. But he really hasn't proven that. There are risks picking him IMO.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
My dream scenario would be something like trade back with the Giants for their #6 and OBJ, they receive our #2 and a future 1st or 2nd. Then we still pick up a dominant edge like Josh Allen.

Pipe dreams. Pure pipe dreams.

I wouldn't trade that much for Odell Beckham as good as he is. That's really a lot to give up for a WR. But I do actually like the trading back scenario. I would not mind trading back to #6 overall and picking Montez Sweat. Plus pick up additional picks. Maybe we can land another 2nd rounder. Two 2nd rounders would be awesome. We can land 3 total excellent players under that scenario at positions of need. I would be all for that.
alot of our hopes and dreams are gonna depending on the health and recovery of our players. We are now going to have 3 main players coming off torn ACLS next season. All of them have huge upside though so theres that
Originally posted by awp8912:
no thanks to drafting a WR. This franchise stinks at that. Trade the 2nd with the Giants and get a first ballot hof WR. Forget Houston, he's old and expensive.

This franchise has drafted two top 5-all time receivers.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bosa comes with major concerns. Everybody talks about him like he is the sure fire #2 overall pick. Maybe he is. Who knows? But he hasn't even proven he can stay healthy against College competition. What makes you think against bigger, stronger, more physical, better pros he can stay healthy? He hasn't proven that at all. Plus due to his lost time he hasn't even put up the best numbers. Bosa is a "projection" of what people want to believe he can be. But he really hasn't proven that. There are risks picking him IMO.

Major concerns? Because he had a sports hernia which he's completely healed from?

His injury had nothing to do with level of competition and he was throwing guys around. Myles Garrett had ankle issues coming into the draft guess he had major concerns as well?
I think we all have a plan we would like to see and while I'm not as high on QW as you I like the rest of it. Switch QW with Allen and OBJ which will free up up #2.

What I do love is the win now aspect of your thinking. I'm so tired of this build for the future crap it's crazy. It's been going on for too long and we have too many pieces in place to not be at least thinking of the Playoffs. Once there anything can happen on Sunday (or Saturday I guess). You can tell by our late season effort last year that our team doesn't think they are losers, so now it's time for the fans to get on board.
[ Edited by Ernst82 on Mar 12, 2019 at 7:37 AM ]

I think Quinnen is better than Bosa but you can't deny our need for a defensive end. I'd be down for dropping back and going for Burns, Ferrell, and Allen as well.

I think Quinnen is better than Bosa but you can't deny our need for a defensive end. I'd be down for dropping back and going for Burns, Ferrell, and Allen as well.

I think Quinnen is better too. Plus he is more consistently healthy and less injured. If he is the next Aaron Donald he is worth that. We have seen the impact he has.
Originally posted by Ernst82:
I think we all have a plan we would like to see and while I'm not as high on QW as you I like the rest of it. Switch QW with Allen and OBJ which will free up up #2.

What I do love is the win now aspect of your thinking. I'm so tired of this build for the future crap it's crazy. It's been going on for too long and we have too many pieces in place to not be at least thinking of the Playoffs. Once there anything can happen on Sunday (or Saturday I guess). You can tell by our late season effort last year that our team doesn't think they are losers, so now it's time for the fans to get on board.

We have been playing win later for almost 20 years. We lost almost all of those years with the exception of a few Harbaugh years. It's really getting old. It's time to try something different.

Originally posted by genus49:

Major concerns? Because he had a sports hernia which he's completely healed from?

His injury had nothing to do with level of competition and he was throwing guys around. Myles Garrett had ankle issues coming into the draft guess he had major concerns as well?

He can't even finish a College season. What makes you think he can finish a season against the bigger, stronger, more physical pros?
We have been playing win later for almost 20 years. We lost almost all of those years with the exception of a few Harbaugh years. It's really getting old. It's time to try something different.

Shanahan and Lynch aren't accountable for anything before 2017, though. Goal this year is .500+. If they accomplish that we'll talk about playoffs/championship goals.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
alot of our hopes and dreams are gonna depending on the health and recovery of our players. We are now going to have 3 main players coming off torn ACLS next season. All of them have huge upside though so theres that

That is real bad and could blow up on us. It's really risky.
That is real bad and could blow up on us. It's really risky.

Really nothing they can do about 2/3rds of it. You have to see how Jimmy and Jet recover.
Originally posted by Senzino:
Originally posted by awp8912:
no thanks to drafting a WR. This franchise stinks at that. Trade the 2nd with the Giants and get a first ballot hof WR. Forget Houston, he's old and expensive.

This franchise has drafted two top 5-all time receivers.

They keep picking little guys over and over. Pick a big WR for a change. Try something different.
Share 49ersWebzone