LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Final need of the year: #6

I concur plus with the 32nd pick in the draft the Niners take the best available C/G

My man!
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Despite the popularity of an OL on the list of team needs, I think Garland at center and Brunskill at G/T have proven themselves as starter quality. The defense is strong at all starter positions, depth at safety, ER, and NT notwithstanding. IMHO, the weakest starting position is still WR.

A true No. 1 is needed to take the pressure off Kittle in the middle. Sanders and Samuel are great but not true No. 1's who must be game-planned for. They are also good at crossing routes and digs, etc. over the middle as is vital in Shanahan's offense. Bourne makes great catches including a good amount of TDs but drops passes regularly. Goodwin is likely gone next season. Hurd and Taylor are unknowns following their year on IR. Pettis may be irrelevant next year as he was this year.

A speed receiver outside the hashes who is reliable could be the one missing element that could be electric for the offense. Rather than draft him, perhaps A.J. Green in free agency is the answer.
I like speed WR or another physical imposing WR like Samuel than ca also run. I also think they should get the best most athletic TE they can find to add another element to this offense that opposing defenses will have even nightmares trying to contain
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I concur plus with the 32nd pick in the draft the Niners take the best available C/G

My man!

• Mayor
  • Veteran
I'd take a CB though. I really like Alexander, Warner and Greenlaw but I would like to have an impact hitter too. Offensive line couldn't harm either.
Originally posted by Giedi:

My man!

Let's check it off, Faithful.

More good news:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Unpopular but true: 1. We may want to look elsewhere for a 3 tech DT, Buckner has played horrible this year. He is not playing like someone who should get paid ~13 million a year. He is slow, doesn't use his arms and plays way too high; nor is he getting double teamed all the time like people think.

Unpopular and false, man. Buckner was top 3 among true DTs in sacks once again (tied with Grady Jarrett) and 11th in tackles among interior DL (led the team in tackles among DL). He also was second in the entire NFL across all positions with 4 fumble recoveries. He's always around the ball and does a lot of dirty work. Pro Bowl alternate again and I think underappreciated by many.
Agree, once we got Bosa, Buck's role changed to that of being the grunt and Bosa being the guy to sack the QB. I.e. Buckner's job is now to absorb the double teams and free up Bosa to slobberknock the QB and jar loose the Football for a turnover. I think that's why Buckner's gettin so many fumble recoveries.
Sad, the 3 things I was most concerned about for this team going into the season were the same 3 things that came to fruition in the biggest game:

1. Injuries...one-armed Kwon and no depth on the DL who was worn down by the end of the game and had another late final minutes collapse (21 points in 5 minutes). 16 players on I.R. Depth hit.
2. Safety personnel/play...Ward, blew it, then took a poor angle on the rushing TD and T.Moore's P.I. for the TD.
3. Pass protection overall but particularly on the IOL...batted and tipped passes, sacks, hits leading to an INT and 3 points (instead of driving for a FG to win by 2 late, the team is forced to push for 7 to win). And lost.

Now? They still need to fix these 3 things.

If they do that, we're golden.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 4, 2020 at 3:56 PM ]
I'm certain Lynch and Shanny have a plan for the off-season. Not worried.

from AB himself
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

from AB himself

He's got an excellent off season plan here. Check it out.

Some have asked why a player would do this, and the simple answer is teams fought for automatic restructurings, that way there was no issues in negotiations.
automatic restructurings??? what's that?
Originally posted by communist:

Some have asked why a player would do this, and the simple answer is teams fought for automatic restructurings, that way there was no issues in negotiations.
automatic restructurings??? what's that?

I'm not sure. Specific annual dates to hit before contracts can be restructured? But I think he meant, under the current CBA, they can automatically be done at any time and it's a win-win for the player/team. More $ up front to the player guaranteed and lowers the cap hit for the team going forward.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 4, 2020 at 5:08 PM ]

from AB himself

just follow yo ass too

from AB himself

just follow yo ass too

It sounds like AA and Kittle are most definitely getting a deal here. That's great.

McKinnon and Sanders sound like they'll do anything to be here too.

And Ward sounds 50/50 at this point.
I think this next TC will be huge. Whether the offense will improve upon 2019 or not.

I hate to think none of the injured guys like Taylor, Hurd, and possibly Jet won't be able to contribute.

I assumed Goodwin and Pettis most likely gone.
Share 49ersWebzone