49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 1,086 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
"He remains optimistic that the two sides will come to a resolution at some point in the future."

Very noncommittal so I think now a draft day trade is highly likely.

What else would he say? If he's definitive that we're absolutely not trading Deebo, that would probably only piss Deebo off more. It's also wise to always leave the door open for a trade offer that is too good to turn down.
  • fropwns
  • The Last Fronin
  • Posts: 27,979
My daughter's hawkish, at the ripe old age of five, she informed me "two firsts or gtfo".
If he is set on wanting out we should take some of the jets picks and call It a day. We need to get some players that draft. Cant miss out on that and get nothing this year
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:36 PM ]
Jets aren't trading their 4th (they need an EDGE more than a WR ) but will trade their 10th and lower picks for Deebo.

I'll be happy with that because Deebo is just being greedy now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Jets aren't trading their 4th (they need an EDGE more than a WR ) but will trade their 10th and lower picks for Deebo.

I'll be happy with that because Deebo is just being greedy now.

If he truly wants out this would be the best move for us. Decent pick and he goes to an awful team.
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:41 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.

Which in gm talk translates to bring your picks to the table.
[ Edited by RidetheHyde on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
then after he talks. he will sign jordan mathews

Or.. he's telling other teams it will cost you an arm, a leg and more to make this trade happen. Lol

As it should. #10 overall pick? Meh. That can be a bust. If the Jets are serious about an offer, and we are as well, it better be #10, 2nd round pick, next year 2nd and some extra change like a 4/5th round pick. Otherwise gtfo, and we'll keep Deebo for 2 more years and who knows how things change by then. But I'm still positive we will extend him, but we might not see something go down until TC starts.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.

Which in gm talk translates to bring your picks to the table.

Yup this. They are after #4 to give Bosa a bookend imo.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
If he is set on wanting out we should take some of the jets picks and call It a day. We need to get some players that draft. Cant miss out on that and get nothing this year

If reports are true, there are more teams trying to trade back then there are trying to trade up. That would be very telling about this draft class.

Kyle and John have proved to be solid with their middle and later round picks but have been hit or miss in the 1st round. Its most likely not in their best interest to give up such a great player for a 1st round rookie in a down year for college prospects.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.

Which in gm talk translates to bring your picks to the table.

^^^^^
Read my last post.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
On a side note, Jimmy G must be jealous of deebo who is going to get his money once he's dumped. Well deserved though because deebo certainly carried the team way more than Jimmy last season. And that's how the NFL goes, you get paid for production and your performance.

Doesn't JimmyG's large cap figure exist because he got paid?

They can cut him right now and he gets nothing this season from the 9ers. They want to trade him for pick(s) because he still has value. Once he goes to a crappy team desperate for a QB, his stock will be descending, especially if the players around him is crap then he won't be earning 26M a year again. Deebo is getting his 49er ~26M this season and forward once he signs an extension.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.

Which in gm talk translates to bring your picks to the table.

^^^^^
Read my last post.

Is that what Lynch said about Jimmy G today? LOL ROFL LMAO, BYE Jimmy.. your money is going to deebo haha like I said...
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Apr 25, 2022 at 1:57 PM ]
I doubt they are treating Deebo any different. Too bad Deebo can't be a professional about it like Warner and Kittle. Or DK and Kupp for that matter.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"I think Deebo probably embodies that as much as anyone. He's got tremendous will. He's a very talented player. I think by virtue of the way he plays, it's inspiring. So to me, that entails leadership. Do you make people around you better? He checks that box. He's a great teammate. I think of things like prior to games I get out there and he's always throwing the ball with the fans. I think he's been a great member of our community. So we've got nothing but love for him and nothing but appreciation for what he's (brought). But you just don't let guys like that walk, so I can't envision a scenario where he would."

"We've been consistent since we've been here that we listen on just about anyone," Lynch said. "That's something we'll always do. But like I said, I can't ever imagine moving on from Deebo. He's been such a great player for us. He means so much to our franchise. Got nothing but love for the guy."

Seems pretty solid, of course not a 100% because nothing is, that their intention is to find away to keep him part of the organization. I don't see a trade coming anytime soon.


"If you don't have some serious picks to offer, don't bring your broke ass around."
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone