Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 475 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
To be fair, what did Deebo do before last season? Not doubting Deebo's ability in the least, but as I've said before he wasn't a number one in any sense of the word until last season.

Aiyuk showed that ability in Deebo's injury shortened second season. And to be fair here as well, Aiyuk wasn't a proven number one in that season and had his issues last year.

But all things considered, if the Niners can get a haul for Deebo and push Aiyuk into a premier role I would be ok with that. Honestly I might prefer that. Jennings is coming along and might be a decent #2. And frankly, when Aiyuk was on track for his 1,000 yard season who were the Niners trotting out as the #2?

Deebo had a damn good rookie season with 1,000 total yards on a offense that was bottom of the league in throwing the ball. What was he top 3 in YAC yards that yr? So yeah he was good his rookie yr all the same
Very high on Aiyuk and think he breaks out this year. I like the idea of Trey + Aiyuk long term more than Trey + Deebo short term and it would only be short term no matter what happens in the next few weeks/months.

If we can keep Deebo for a couple more years and sign Aiyuk long term that would be ideal. I'd be happier with that than a long term Deebo deal and losing Aiyuk.

Jennings continuing to improve would also really help soften the blow.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yeah I think the play if Deebo wants to go nuclear on us would be to report at the latest deadline for him to do so and be the biggest d-bag since OBJ in Cleveland or AB in Oakland.. Do everything half assed.. go off on ppl... make it a hostile work environment.. see what happens. AB and OBJ both were able to force their way into FA which is what they wanted..

Or he plays football and gets an extension from SF. You can't let players determine everything when they're under contract…if you let him do whatever what's the f**king point of having a contract in the first place? What stops any player from doing it?

Deebo wants to get paid and he's doing whatever he can do make that happen. I don't blame him for that

as far as OBJ goes he's was a shell of himself by the team he "pushed" his way out of Cleveland. AB was a nut job who was dealing with s**t off the field…Deebo is neither of those.

To me it shouldn't be a mystery. We drafted him and gave him a place to grow into a real player. He should be straight with us. The draft is looming. Will this dude sign with us at an elite wr contract or not?

If the answer is no he's not signing even with his money demands met then lets resolve this situation, honor our players request and get a haul in compensation.
I have the chance to work for google or apple so my family never has to work another hard day in their lives again in one of the best cities in the country, but no thanks I'd rather work for McDonalds because it's "closer to home"
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I have the chance to work for google or apple and my family to never work another hard day in their lives again in one of the best cities in the country, but no thanks I'd rather work for McDonalds because it's "closer to home"

Wut
I don't get what Deebo has to gain by turning the fanbase against him. There are ways to get the bag by not doing that. All he is doing is burning bridges at this point.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I have the chance to work for google or apple and my family to never work another hard day in their lives again in one of the best cities in the country, but no thanks I'd rather work for McDonalds because it's "closer to home"

Wut
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I have the chance to work for google or apple and my family to never work another hard day in their lives again in one of the best cities in the country, but no thanks I'd rather work for McDonalds because it's "closer to home"

Wut

Lol SD
So options are:
1) Plays on franchise tag or plays with new contract
2) Sits out and basically screws himself.
3) Gets traded to the crappiest team that offers the most draft capital. Kind of again screwing himself.

Seems the 49ers hold all the cards in this drama
Deebo in a nutshell:

I love being a dual threat. I'll do whatever it takes to win. I want to be paid like a dual threat. I don't want to be a dual threat. I want out. Reporters don't know anything. I told a reporter i want a trade.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,120
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Ive heard from multiple bay area media sources now that deebo does not like CA and wants to go closer to home. Is there any truth to this?
What a cluster F.

I would believe it a little, it happens. Remember 1999 1st round pick Reggie McGrew he also wanted to be closer to home.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
To me it shouldn't be a mystery. We drafted him and gave him a place to grow into a real player. He should be straight with us. The draft is looming. Will this dude sign with us at an elite wr contract or not?

If the answer is no he's not signing even with his money demands met then lets resolve this situation, honor our players request and get a haul in compensation.

Then you ask for the moon and if you don't get it then he's on your team. He's an elite talent who can change the culture of a team.

You don't get bend over and let a player do whatever the hell they want, this isn't the NBA. He's either gonna get SF a kings ransom of picks or he's playing in SF. Period.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I don't get what Deebo has to gain by turning the fanbase against him. There are ways to get the bag by not doing that. All he is doing is burning bridges at this point.

My thought is he legit doesn't want to play for SF. He wants to be a Cowboy or maybe some other club closer to friends / family etc. If he is a good guy and doesn't say anything he ends up playing 2022 here and when he doesn't resign we tag so he plays 2023 here. He legit has to give years of his life to a place he doesn't want to be. So instead by demanding a trade, being vocal, putting SF front office on blast, he can expedite being to a preferred destination.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
So options are:
1) Plays on franchise tag or plays with new contract
2) Sits out and basically screws himself.
3) Gets traded to the crappiest team that offers the most draft capital. Kind of again screwing himself.

Seems the 49ers hold all the cards in this drama

Spot on.

Unlike the Jimmy situation, we have all the leverage here.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I don't get what Deebo has to gain by turning the fanbase against him. There are ways to get the bag by not doing that. All he is doing is burning bridges at this point.

He wants elite money…if he gets paid that and goes and balls out again no fan is gonna care.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone