49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 364 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.
Perhaps, but Deebo wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire until last season. And if I recall Aiyuk had a very good end to the season Deebo was out with injury. If the team can get a first rounder for Deebo, maybe more I think that needs to be explored.

Deebo has an injury history, and his play style isn't necessarily conducive to a full season of work. He was very close to getting knocked out during the playoff run last year. That's a lot of potential salary cap for a guy that could be a product of the system he plays in and has a higher potential for injury.

Mostly playing devil's advocate here, but I do think if the compensation is right a trade should be made.

Deebo led the league in Receiving yards last year before being moved to part time RB.

Shanahan has been here five years and produced one top WR.

Lots of WR he has had here have performed poorly.
What a clown if the reason he wants to be traded is because "eAsT cOaSt". At least wait until your rookie contract expires so you look less like a jackass.Please send him to Jacksonville, then again he was born and raised in South Carolina so he may embrace being in a podunk towns
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Aiyuk. Let him take the #1 role and see what happens. Deebo wasn't proven until last year and Aiyuk had a great end to the season Deebo was out.

Remember him in the doghouse to start the year? He needs to come out on fire this upcoming season.

I don't disagree with that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is what I've been saying. He's only hurting himself if he wants to go that route. Either we get good trade compensation, he signs an extension, or he loses money and prime years. His choice. But we're not trading him just for the f**k of it because he's throwing a tantrum.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I think the play if Deebo wants to go nuclear on us would be to report at the latest deadline for him to do so and be the biggest d-bag since OBJ in Cleveland or AB in Oakland.. Do everything half assed.. go off on ppl... make it a hostile work environment.. see what happens. AB and OBJ both were able to force their way into FA which is what they wanted..
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.

The talent I've seen in Aiyuk could materialize in him being one of the best WRs in the league. If we go all in on Deebo, we may not be able to hold on to Aiyuk if he blows up. I like Aiyuk's potential as a WR more than Deebo's tbh. Deebo in the open field is one of best players in the league, no doubt. But his success is still somewhat contingent on scheming. I think Aiyuk could be that kind of guy you just throw it into the area and he's a dominant force to go and get it, which would be really ideal for a guy like Trey.

Aiyuk isn't close and if he is, then we are still losing the same amount of talent.

Who would be the #2 to replace Aiyuk's production?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.

The talent I've seen in Aiyuk could materialize in him being one of the best WRs in the league. If we go all in on Deebo, we may not be able to hold on to Aiyuk if he blows up. I like Aiyuk's potential as a WR more than Deebo's tbh. Deebo in the open field is one of best players in the league, no doubt. But his success is still somewhat contingent on scheming. I think Aiyuk could be that kind of guy you just throw it into the area and he's a dominant force to go and get it, which would be really ideal for a guy like Trey.

Aiyuk isn't close and if he is, then we are still losing the same amount of talent.

Who would be the #2 to replace Aiyuk's production?
Jennings
Originally posted by evil:
Deebo never said trade in his tweet though... he said nobody knows the truth about the situation besides himself, his agent and the FO.

So you are also speculating wrt the trade part.

Nah. It's true. If it weren't, he would have flat out said it was false.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I think the play if Deebo wants to go nuclear on us would be to report at the latest deadline for him to do so and be the biggest d-bag since OBJ in Cleveland or AB in Oakland.. Do everything half assed.. go off on ppl... make it a hostile work environment.. see what happens. AB and OBJ both were able to force their way into FA which is what they wanted..

That only hurts him in the long run. He's not that stupid. Or at least I hope not.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.

The talent I've seen in Aiyuk could materialize in him being one of the best WRs in the league. If we go all in on Deebo, we may not be able to hold on to Aiyuk if he blows up. I like Aiyuk's potential as a WR more than Deebo's tbh. Deebo in the open field is one of best players in the league, no doubt. But his success is still somewhat contingent on scheming. I think Aiyuk could be that kind of guy you just throw it into the area and he's a dominant force to go and get it, which would be really ideal for a guy like Trey.

Aiyuk isn't close and if he is, then we are still losing the same amount of talent.

Who would be the #2 to replace Aiyuk's production?

I don't know, maybe a high draft pick we get for Deebo.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.

The talent I've seen in Aiyuk could materialize in him being one of the best WRs in the league. If we go all in on Deebo, we may not be able to hold on to Aiyuk if he blows up. I like Aiyuk's potential as a WR more than Deebo's tbh. Deebo in the open field is one of best players in the league, no doubt. But his success is still somewhat contingent on scheming. I think Aiyuk could be that kind of guy you just throw it into the area and he's a dominant force to go and get it, which would be really ideal for a guy like Trey.

Aiyuk isn't close and if he is, then we are still losing the same amount of talent.

Who would be the #2 to replace Aiyuk's production?

Sir you need to visit the Jauan Jennings thread more often.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Like I said if they don't get the compensation they want then Deebo will be wearing red and gold for at least another yr
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Honestly folks, I love Deebo. One of my favorite players in recent memory. However, he has never operated as a true #1 type receiver. He has a ton to offer, but longevity is a question and I agree with him getting paid while he can.

The team also has Aiyuk on the roster. I know he was out of shape last year or in the dog house, but he has shown very strong flashes. He won't play the same role as Deebo, but if the team can get a first or more for Deebo I would be OK in putting Aiyuk as the #1 receiver. I think Aiyuk might actually benefit in taking over the #1 role.


Thst would be a huge step down at both the #1 and #2 WR spots.

The talent I've seen in Aiyuk could materialize in him being one of the best WRs in the league. If we go all in on Deebo, we may not be able to hold on to Aiyuk if he blows up. I like Aiyuk's potential as a WR more than Deebo's tbh. Deebo in the open field is one of best players in the league, no doubt. But his success is still somewhat contingent on scheming. I think Aiyuk could be that kind of guy you just throw it into the area and he's a dominant force to go and get it, which would be really ideal for a guy like Trey.

Aiyuk isn't close and if he is, then we are still losing the same amount of talent.

Who would be the #2 to replace Aiyuk's production?

To be fair, what did Deebo do before last season? Not doubting Deebo's ability in the least, but as I've said before he wasn't a number one in any sense of the word until last season.

Aiyuk showed that ability in Deebo's injury shortened second season. And to be fair here as well, Aiyuk wasn't a proven number one in that season and had his issues last year.

But all things considered, if the Niners can get a haul for Deebo and push Aiyuk into a premier role I would be ok with that. Honestly I might prefer that. Jennings is coming along and might be a decent #2. And frankly, when Aiyuk was on track for his 1,000 yard season who were the Niners trotting out as the #2?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yeah I think the play if Deebo wants to go nuclear on us would be to report at the latest deadline for him to do so and be the biggest d-bag since OBJ in Cleveland or AB in Oakland.. Do everything half assed.. go off on ppl... make it a hostile work environment.. see what happens. AB and OBJ both were able to force their way into FA which is what they wanted..

Or he plays football and gets an extension from SF. You can't let players determine everything when they're under contract…if you let him do whatever what's the f**king point of having a contract in the first place? What stops any player from doing it?

Deebo wants to get paid and he's doing whatever he can do make that happen. I don't blame him for that

as far as OBJ goes he's was a shell of himself by the team he "pushed" his way out of Cleveland. if he was playing at Deebo's level his ass would still be in Cleveland.

AB was a nut job who was dealing with s**t off the field…Deebo is neither of those.

rogers tried pushing his way out and where is he right now?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:21 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I think the play if Deebo wants to go nuclear on us would be to report at the latest deadline for him to do so and be the biggest d-bag since OBJ in Cleveland or AB in Oakland.. Do everything half assed.. go off on ppl... make it a hostile work environment.. see what happens. AB and OBJ both were able to force their way into FA which is what they wanted..

At least OBJ and AB had the justifications of playing for bad organizations who felt they weren't being utilized enough for their teams to win. Deebo is coming off an nfc championship and a Bo Jackson-type season who was in a super bowl 2 seasons prior. Just stupid, maybe it is CTE
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:23 PM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone