There are 181 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mr711
Thank you!! Those single digits on the Pro unis look bad. (Obviously not talking about QB's)
Anyone else get worried when they open a thread on a current player at the top of NT this time of year?

Maybe ptsd from last year
[ Edited by 9ers4u on May 12, 2021 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Anyone else get worried when they open a thread on a current player at the top of NT this time of year?

Yes
i got in the fetal position before opening thread
Originally posted by Viperboy:

Yes
i got in the fetal position before opening thread

But so true last year
Man so much love for deebo. Just another aight guy drafted by shanalynch. Sure he can take a swing pass for 15 yards but he might also pull a hammy in the process.

Deebo Samuel after 2 years 1,193 yards drafted 36th overall.

only one of these picks went before DEEBO and they all outgained him. Aren't WRs supposed to be dynamic playmakers DOWN the field?????

aj brown drafted 51st 2,126 yards
Terry Mclaurin drafted 76th 2,037 yards
Marquis Brown drafted 25th overall 1,353 yards
DK METCALF same f**king team drafted 64th with 2,203 yards
Mecole Hardman drafted 56th with 1,098 yards
Darius slayton drafted 171st overall with 1,491 yards
Diontae Johnson drafted 66th with 1,603 yards
Hunter Renfrow drafted 149th with 1,261 yards
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Man so much love for deebo. Just another aight guy drafted by shanalynch. Sure he can take a swing pass for 15 yards but he might also pull a hammy in the process.

only one of these picks went before DEEBO and they all outgained him. Aren't WRs supposed to be dynamic playmakers DOWN the field?????

How many of those guys had his 2nd and 3rd string QB throwing to him last year?
Originally posted by miked1978:

How many of those guys had his 2nd and 3rd string QB throwing to him last year?

AJ Brown - games 30 - average yards per game 71
Scary Terry - games 29 - average yards per game 70
DK - games 32 - average yards per game 69
Deebo - games 22 - average yards per game 54
Diontae Johnson - games 31 - average yards per game 52
Darius Slayton - games 30 - average yards per game 50
Hollywood - games 30 - average yards per game 45
Hunter Renfrow - games 29 - average yards per game 43
Mecole Hardman - games 32 - average yards per game 34
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

SOFTER version of Golden Tate...

I had the booty sweats clicking on this thread.

What are the odds he actually plays a full season? Love Deebo but dude needs to stay healthy
  • thl408
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
What are the odds he actually plays a full season? Love Deebo but dude needs to stay healthy

He took it hard how he wasn't able to play last season. He's probably doing things differently to prevent it from happening again.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/deebo-samuel-reveals-how-injuries-2020-presented-mental-challenges?fbclid=IwAR19yBVsDGkzJ6K82TfqXiNK4HpCxNhVFCfHI91kEIgQ6LajpX8XvPsDk60

"This year, for me, was real rough," Samuel said. "I dealt with a lot of injuries in my life and through college. I had bumps and bruises last year, but this last season, I never got down mentally like I did after I pulled my hamstring in this last game.
"It took a toll on my body and it made me realize health is the most important thing in this league, just being available."
"There's been a couple of days, just sitting in the room and just thinking about [things]," Samuel said. "I use football as a getaway so when football was taken away you just think about everything you've been through your entire life and it just kind of breaks you down.
"I was going through it bad. I talked to John and Kyle a few times a week just to keep my head on straight."
Originally posted by thl408:

He took it hard how he wasn't able to play last season. He's probably doing things differently to prevent it from happening again.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/deebo-samuel-reveals-how-injuries-2020-presented-mental-challenges?fbclid=IwAR19yBVsDGkzJ6K82TfqXiNK4HpCxNhVFCfHI91kEIgQ6LajpX8XvPsDk60

"This year, for me, was real rough," Samuel said. "I dealt with a lot of injuries in my life and through college. I had bumps and bruises last year, but this last season, I never got down mentally like I did after I pulled my hamstring in this last game.
"It took a toll on my body and it made me realize health is the most important thing in this league, just being available."
"There's been a couple of days, just sitting in the room and just thinking about [things]," Samuel said. "I use football as a getaway so when football was taken away you just think about everything you've been through your entire life and it just kind of breaks you down.
"I was going through it bad. I talked to John and Kyle a few times a week just to keep my head on straight."

This. And clearly a guy that LOVES football. The anti-Rashaun Woods. You keep those guys around.
how did Deebo get a stigma that he cant stay healthy?
2019 healthy
2020 injuries
Lets see another year or so before we start calling him injury prone

Well he's already doing better than last season. Already had a broken foot by this time last year while training with JG
Share 49ersWebzone