2019 Defensive Coordinator candidates ?

Well like most I can't see how Saleh is not fired, idk if it's all on him Bc other then Warner, Buckner and Sherman none have been playing at a high level but I think Saleh is gone, I have a couple questions, do the niners bring in a DC who runs a new scheme or stick with what they are running and bring in a coach who runs the same or similar that the players are familiar with ? And Bc I personally havent done much research, who are the up and coming candidates out there ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Well like most I can't see how Saleh is not fired, idk if it's all on him Bc other then Warner, Buckner and Sherman none have been playing at a high level but I think Saleh is gone, I have a couple questions, do the niners bring in a DC who runs a new scheme or stick with what they are running and bring in a coach who runs the same or similar that the players are familiar with ? And Bc I personally havent done much research, who are the up and coming candidates out there ?

There a few other threads on this, but yours specifically asks about up and comers.

It's difficult if we do want to keep the scheme as there is quite a shallow pool. Basically look for anyone coaching with Pete Carroll or his tree who are under 45.

Kris Richard is the gem as he has DC experience and doing well with the Cowgirls.

Other than that look at the Jags, Chargers and Falcons.

Todd Wash just had an amazing week with his Jags so I think he keeps his job but they could clean house, if not you could go for one of his position coaches, but that's how we ended up with Saleh.

For me I think you need to go for a proven guy.
Not sure this post will last. I don't have any idea of what will happen or what would be the way to go if Saleh is let go. It is above my pay grade and I have more important things to ponder in life. I do think things happen for a reason, and that there are crucial moments in life that you have opportunities to shape destiny. I guess we'll see if any of those present themselves before next year.
Kyle has mentioned often how much he likes the current defensive scheme. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a viable option to continue running this scheme if Saleh is let go. Kris Richard seems firmly entrenched in Dallas as the coordinator in waiting and I don't think the Cowboys will let him go. Richard Smith (Chargers lb coach) is a veteran coach and knows the scheme but he's a retread that has never kept a DC job very long. He's not what this defense needs. I don't think Todd Wash or Dan Quinn will be available yet this off-season, so the seemingly only option for this scheme would be to give it to a position coach and hope for the best. That's exactly what landed Saleh.

Kyle may need to adjust his thinking here if the goal is to land a veteran DC. With every jets loss, I am holding out hope Bowles will be someone considered in the off-season. I think he will get fired by the Jets and his creativity defensively is fun to watch. Dude is one of the best blitz strategist in the game. I think he and Kyle would be a great pairing and complement each other well.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 3, 2018 at 7:18 AM ]
Saleh is the weakest link.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Until Saleh is fired we won't have a candidates thread in NT. We have a thread in NFL talk for coaching and FO changes where candidates can be discussed.

To date, Kyle has said albeit week's ago that Saleh is not going anywhere. Though that could change.
Share 49erswebzone