LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Week 13 - 49ers @ Seahawks - Game Day Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
By himself maybe not.

Bosa + Jimmy G? Now that might change things.

I doubt it. Both players are injury risk

Every player is. They play football.
Originally posted by cortez96:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If we had Jimmy G we would have won.

If I had lots of money, I wouldn't have to work.

Except we're actually getting Garoppolo back next year. Are you going to win the lottery next year?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
By himself maybe not.

Bosa + Jimmy G? Now that might change things.

I doubt it. Both players are injury risk

How is Garoppolo an injury risk?

Playing in the NFL is an injury risk. Cutting on bad turf and tearing an ACL isn't being injury prone.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 16to87:
F**x Bosa ,.. tired of hearing bout this dude gonna fix this mess no way
I'm pretty tired of hearing it too

Yeah I want to win maybe one or two more games and NOT get the best prospect in the draft! Yeah

It's like Groundhog Day in here. Yeah we didn't need Myles and we got Thomas AND now people b***h about it.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Amirite
What good is getting the best prospect when you have a terrible DC, who'll likely misuse him? What good is having Bosa when you have a HC who isn't a complete HC? What good is having Bosa gonna when your brilliant play-calling HC refuses to commit to the run, who's personnel choices are smallish, soft, and scare nobody? You're telling us that Bosa is gonna fix those issues? Bosa is gonna fix our WR woes? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Bosa. And if he falls to us we'd be fools not to draft him. But come now, people on here are acting as if Bosa is gonna be the white knight that's gonna come in, with his cape on, and save us, and glad to see this team loose to boot.

To know that there's fans actually pulling for losses for this team every week to get one guy in the draft is just nauseating, and infuriating.
Not pulling for other teams to win, right now, other teams are just better.
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Another loss closer to Bosa

Can we please stop this glad-to-see-us-loose crap? It won't matter!! Bosa isn't gonna be much of a difference on a team with a bad DC and HC how isn't good at being a complete HC, a HC who don't like to run the ball even when the run is working. Bosa may help, but there are personnel changes (on the player and coaching level) that need to occur in which the HC should have a reduced role in.

I agree with you. But I'm going to push back on one of your points. We can't run the football as much because our two running backs are injured.
BS
Last week Breida ran for over 100 yards for what I believe more than 5 yards a carry. Today Jeff Wilson only carried the ball 15 times, 61 yards, for just over 4 yards a carry. Yet a 3rd string QB who was on the PS this season threw the ball 48 times for 414 yards in a beat-down. Dude, Shanny has no commitment to the run at all, even when the run is effective. Shanny is a brilliant schemer and play caller. But his blind spot is the run game (along with personnel choices). He simply has no patience with attempting to control the game, and it's pretty aggravating to watch.

Look at it another way: Breida tweaked his ankle during warm ups. Wilson has to have his foot x-rayed before coming back out. Shanahan has a hobbled RB corps and they were having some success in the air. How many of those yards came from screen passes? Those are essentially runs that save your RB the strain of pounding it into the line a dozen times.
Wilson had 134 total yards, 61 rushing and 73 receiving. 15 carries and 8 receptions. With the way he was rushing he should have carried the ball at least 25 times. Last week Breida 14 carries for 106 yards, yet Mullens throws the ball 32 times (but only 18 completions). Stats like this have been a consistent theme all season.

At what point is it ok to question Shanny's commitment to the run, and question if that lack of commitment is effecting our win/loss total?
What good is getting the best prospect when you have a terrible DC, who'll likely misuse him? What good is having Bosa when you have a HC who isn't a complete HC? What good is having Bosa gonna when your brilliant play-calling HC refuses to commit to the run, who's personnel choices are smallish, soft, and scare nobody? You're telling us that Bosa is gonna fix those issues? Bosa is gonna fix our WR woes? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Bosa. And if he falls to us we'd be fools not to draft him. But come now, people on here are acting as if Bosa is gonna be the white knight that's gonna come in, with his cape on, and save us, and glad to see this team loose to boot.

To know that there's fans actually pulling for losses for this team every week to get one guy in the draft is just nauseating, and infuriating.

So, we shouldn't draft the best player in college because he won't fix everything?
Originally posted by LondonNiner:
Only managed to watch the second half due to work. Any positives other than Pettis? or is that it.

Wilson ran well.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:

Yeah I want to win maybe one or two more games and NOT get the best prospect in the draft! Yeah

It's like Groundhog Day in here. Yeah we didn't need Myles and we got Thomas AND now people b***h about it.

Fine, then make that argument. Fans need to stop wishing for losses of this team to get one guy, as if one guy is gonna solve all our problems.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Only managed to watch the second half due to work. Any positives other than Pettis? or is that it.

Wilson ran well.

Mullens had 500 yards passing. Too bad 100 of it was done by a Seattle player.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:

Wilson ran well.
Yup, and should have ran the ball 25 times, not 15 times. Once again, no commitment to the run.

Originally posted by illinois9er:

So, we shouldn't draft the best player in college because he won't fix everything?
Dude, are you 12? Please point out anywhere in my statement where I said we shouldn't draft him! You clearly aren't reading my statements completely.
We gonna drop Bosa into coverage
Originally posted by swaccmac1:

Fine, then make that argument. Fans need to stop wishing for losses of this team to get one guy, as if one guy is gonna solve all our problems.

I've never been able to wrap my head around rooting AGAINST the 49ers with the HOPE that some draft pick MIGHT turn out to be good. I always ask "Do u cheer when the other team makes a big play and get bummed when the 9rs make a big play?" I've never gotten and answer
Originally posted by LenCat:
I've never been able to wrap my head around rooting AGAINST the 49ers with the HOPE that some draft pick MIGHT turn out to be good. I always ask "Do u cheer when the other team makes a big play and get bummed when the 9rs make a big play?" I've never gotten and answer

Its not about the individual plays. Its about the end goal of losing.
Dude, are you 12? Please point out anywhere in my statement where I said we shouldn't draft him! You clearly aren't reading my statements completely.

That's so cute lol. I guess I'm having trouble with your statements because of the massive rambling and wall of text.
Share 49ersWebzone