There are 207 users in the forums

The reason for the Niners cellar dwellar days can be attributed to

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The reason for the Niners cellar dwellar days can be attributed to

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Nope, every team deals with injuries, that is a constant.
Every team doesn't constantly deal with their FQB and RB1 going down for the season. This poll is a joke and was designed to make this thread another circle-jerk negative Nancy gangbang for fairweather fans.

in case you have been asleep its not just this year. goes back to when jh left. owners hire the wrong people. lynch is looking to be the wrong person. kyle has not shown much as a head coach so far
Easily one of the stupidest "polls" I have ever seen in this forum, and that says quite a lot. Yes, injuries are a constant in this league but not many teams survive the loss of their starting QB's. While of course it does happen the list of 2nd stringers who step up and lead the team into contention is pretty short. Not to mention losing their starting RB, their best receiver for a number of games, and then having their back-up RB, along with several other contributing players, battling a variety of injuries every week.

They are a team that is only in the second season of a total rebuild of a roster that had been almost completely devoid of talent when Lynch and Shanahan got here. They have missed on some picks, as every team does, and some of the guys who looked like they might be players last year seem to have taken a step back. Once Jimmy G went down this season, to me, became all about evaluating the guys who are currently on the team and finding out where they still need to upgrade and who they can build on for the future. Hoping that guys like J. Taylor and Richie James will get more opportunities as the season goes along. In fact would like to see all of their first and second year draft picks get more time so that the team can really see who is worth keeping and where they still need to improve.

They have had moments in all of their games where they have looked pretty good. The schemes are working, they're driving the ball and then they will shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty, or a turnover, or a missed play. Some of it is just the nature of the game, some of it is bad luck, some of it, as I said, is self-inflicted, but you can see that, offensively at least, they seem to be on the right track. It is easy to envision a game this year where the lights come on and everyone plays to their potential and they put a beat down on somebody. Will that happen? Who knows, maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

It is harder to judge what is going on defensively. They looked pretty good at times at the end of last season but they don't seem to have been able to build on that. Certainly the lack of a consistent pass rush is killing them on that side of the ball. Until they find a way to address that issue they are going to continue to struggle. Bill Walsh famously said that you can scheme offense but you need "players" on defense. Clearly they are still lacking the players they need to make that side of the ball better, and I am not completely sold on Saleh. Be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

As for the Harbaugh Factor, that whole fetish is getting pretty old. The guy is a f**king psycho whose man contribution to the history of the team will always be that he was the first 49er coach to lose a Super Bowl against a team that they should have beaten. Not sorry that headcase is gone at all.

As for the stadium "curse", football is football you can play it on a sandlot if you want. Its the players that matter, not the venue. Though clearly this one has some issues as far as the fan experience goes. Seems to me that is you are going to spend a billion dollars on a stadium that you should have things like where the sun is going to shine brightest on certain days figured out. Read somewhere that the stadium was originally designed to replace Candlestick or at least be somewhere in that same area. Once they changed the location to Santa Clara it seems they should have probably revisited the design to make sure it was still viable. Much easier to change something at that stage then once the concrete has been poured.
A skyscraper with a poor foundation topples quickly....
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
No injury option? Flawed poll.

Nope, every team deals with injuries, that is a constant.

I could not disagree more. Not all injury situations are created equal. Stadium curse lol.

OK I will play along.

What injuries have caused the 49ers to be one of the worst teams in football from 2015 until present?
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Easily one of the stupidest "polls" I have ever seen in this forum, and that says quite a lot. Yes, injuries are a constant in this league but not many teams survive the loss of their starting QB's. While of course it does happen the list of 2nd stringers who step up and lead the team into contention is pretty short. Not to mention losing their starting RB, their best receiver for a number of games, and then having their back-up RB, along with several other contributing players, battling a variety of injuries every week.

They are a team that is only in the second season of a total rebuild of a roster that had been almost completely devoid of talent when Lynch and Shanahan got here. They have missed on some picks, as every team does, and some of the guys who looked like they might be players last year seem to have taken a step back. Once Jimmy G went down this season, to me, became all about evaluating the guys who are currently on the team and finding out where they still need to upgrade and who they can build on for the future. Hoping that guys like J. Taylor and Richie James will get more opportunities as the season goes along. In fact would like to see all of their first and second year draft picks get more time so that the team can really see who is worth keeping and where they still need to improve.

They have had moments in all of their games where they have looked pretty good. The schemes are working, they're driving the ball and then they will shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty, or a turnover, or a missed play. Some of it is just the nature of the game, some of it is bad luck, some of it, as I said, is self-inflicted, but you can see that, offensively at least, they seem to be on the right track. It is easy to envision a game this year where the lights come on and everyone plays to their potential and they put a beat down on somebody. Will that happen? Who knows, maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

It is harder to judge what is going on defensively. They looked pretty good at times at the end of last season but they don't seem to have been able to build on that. Certainly the lack of a consistent pass rush is killing them on that side of the ball. Until they find a way to address that issue they are going to continue to struggle. Bill Walsh famously said that you can scheme offense but you need "players" on defense. Clearly they are still lacking the players they need to make that side of the ball better, and I am not completely sold on Saleh. Be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

As for the Harbaugh Factor, that whole fetish is getting pretty old. The guy is a f**king psycho whose man contribution to the history of the team will always be that he was the first 49er coach to lose a Super Bowl against a team that they should have beaten. Not sorry that headcase is gone at all.

As for the stadium "curse", football is football you can play it on a sandlot if you want. Its the players that matter, not the venue. Though clearly this one has some issues as far as the fan experience goes. Seems to me that is you are going to spend a billion dollars on a stadium that you should have things like where the sun is going to shine brightest on certain days figured out. Read somewhere that the stadium was originally designed to replace Candlestick or at least be somewhere in that same area. Once they changed the location to Santa Clara it seems they should have probably revisited the design to make sure it was still viable. Much easier to change something at that stage then once the concrete has been poured.

Boom! Excellent post.
We are building the base of a great team, we have some talent, but no super star, no player that other teams have to account for. No player that forces teams to alter their plans. Good teams have one on either side of the ball, great ones have several, we have none.

A great supporting cast is being put togeather, we need a few stars!
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

~ John York.

~ Jed York.

~ Denise Debartolo York.

With the exception of a few Harbaugh years they have ALWAYS been CONSISTENTLY LOSERS. They just got lucky when they landed him because his wife wanted to stay in the Bay Area at least at the time. Then they messed even that up.

I believe we will likely always lose under them. I can't see the Yorks getting it right. Look at how much time they have had and how many different coaches and GM's they have had. But they always stay the same. Minus out Harbaugh where they got lucky and you are looking at the Cleveland Browns.

Expect to be bad for a long, long time. Maybe permanently. They go from bad to worse. It seems there is no end to their bottoming out. I don't even think we hit the bottom yet.

KS needs to go slowly with these guys and scale down the playbook to what has worked and been succesful this year. Then he needs to put everyone who touches the ball and DB's on the juggs machine for hours at a time

Post of the season. Underrated and under-appreciated. Well said.

I've said this a few times and you realize how many fans would change their tune if we had Jimmy Garoppolo healthy. This year it's simply one injury. It's a lot of injuries but actually just one major injury. With Jimmy Garoppolo can any of you deny we would've not lost to the Chargers the Cardinals the Packers?

We have five easy games coming up and I am absolutely certain we would win at least four if not five so at the very worst we are looking at seven and four but most probably eight and three if Jimmy was healthy. There would be no polls no questioning we would just say Jimmy covers up a lot of the deficiencies like he did last year.

Unbelievable please think before making These observations that are unfounded and illogical. I've said this so many times, last year Green Bay won 7 games because Rodgers was injured and with Rodgers they win at least 10 to 12 every year. Jimmy is no Rodgers yet however he is a difference maker
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 22, 2018 at 1:46 PM ]

Originally posted by elguapo:

I've said this a few times and you realize how many fans would change their tune if we had Jimmy Garoppolo healthy. This year it's simply one injury. It's a lot of injuries but actually just one major injury. With Jimmy Garoppolo can any of you deny we would've not lost to the Chargers the Cardinals the Packers?

We have five easy games coming up and I am absolutely certain we would win at least four if not five so at the very worst we are looking at seven and four but most probably eight and three if Jimmy was healthy. There would be no polls no questioning we would just say Jimmy covers up a lot of the deficiencies like he did last year.

Unbelievable please think before making These observations that are unfounded and illogical. I've said this so many times, last year Green Bay won five or six games I don't care to remember because Rodgers was injured and with Rodgers they win at least 10 to 12 every year. Jimmy is no Rodgers yet however he is a difference maker

Yes we lost the most important player on the team.

But there is a problem if the team crumbles to 1-15 .

I'm very concerned if the team goes 0-14 in games Jimmy didn't play in
John York, "Ahh, another losing season. I'm rich... I don't care"
Jed York., "ehhh, Me neither.... hmmmm, I wonder if they can transplant my beard onto the back of my head?"
Denise Debartolo York., "Of course I'm rich and I don't care, but should I have filet mignon or lobster for lunch"
Originally posted by Sourball:
John York, "Ahh, another losing season. I'm rich... I don't care"
Jed York., "ehhh, Me neither.... hmmmm, I wonder if they can transplant my beard onto the back of my head?"
Denise Debartolo York., "Of course I'm rich and I don't care, but should I have filet mignon or lobster for lunch"

This is who I think of every time I see Denise and I don't know why:

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Yes we lost the most important player on the team.

But there is a problem if the team crumbles to 1-15 .

I'm very concerned if the team goes 0-14 in games Jimmy didn't play in

True we should win three or four would that be acceptable for a loss like that?
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is who I think of every time I see Denise and I don't know why:

I know why because that looks almost exactly like her good find
Share 49ersWebzone