There are 89 users in the forums

First post ever let me say...

There are some truly talented players on this team right now

- Kittle is star bound
- Warner and Foster are a great duo inside
- McGlinchey has been a pleasant surprise so far

The coaching staff the jury is still out, Kyle is a great offensive mind but needs more polish

Saleh can go, i feel we need a vet DC to balance out Kyles youth like LA has

This was an encouraging loss, a loss always sucks but i saw marked improvement in areas that needed it badly. Some of those issues creeped back up (tackling specifically) but we also got screwed by a missed block in the back that may have killed LAs fame winning drive

One moew thing, we need to address the injury issue. We nay need to change something because i never seen a team this injured through 4 weeks. Its killing our chances to be competitive
Yup. I agree
I don't see this being encouraging. It's the same old nonsense - mental errors and missed tackling. Yes we have injuries, but are those injured really impact players? This team lacks overall talent, especially on defense.

It's one thing to play a tough game and lose, but continuing to lose the way we're losing is not acceptable and excruciating to watch.
Originally posted by NY49er5:

Agreed. But the problem is, we have less of these than virtually every other team.

This team has some individual talent here and there. It can be argued that some of the young talent we have could be on their way to becoming elite talent. Star talent. But we still have sooo many holes on this roster. We are still a ways away.
Encouraging loss? Mama we're moving on up
One of the biggest reasons why McVay is having the success he is with the Rams is Wade Phillips. McVay can turn his defense to Phillips and focus entirely on his strength, the offense.

We're stuck with Salah, who I think has potential as a DC, but isn't there yet.

The offense is good enough to win games, but the defensive mistakes are killer.
[ Edited by linkboy on Sep 30, 2018 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Stanley:
I don't see this being encouraging. It's the same old nonsense - mental errors and missed tackling. Yes we have injuries, but are those injured really impact players? This team lacks overall talent, especially on defense.

It's one thing to play a tough game and lose, but continuing to lose the way we're losing is not acceptable and excruciating to watch.

lol?
Originally posted by linkboy:
One of the biggest reasons why McVay is having the success he is with the Rams is Wade Phillips. McVay can turn his defense to Phillips and focus entirely on his strength, the offense.

We're stuck with Salah, who I think has potential as a DC, but isn't there yet.

The offense is good enough to win games, but the defensive mistakes are killer.

Yes they have Wade but they also have talent and guys who make big plays. We don't have the coach nor that level of talent
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Bringing in a young DC is so much different than bringing in a young HC..

DC, you need to know which players will help the team now since we are in the verge of contending... having an IN EXPERIENCE DC just doesn't help especially since he's gonna want them young guys (rookies and/or 1 to 2 year players) who 90% will never work for a team that is contending..
anyone wonder why Soloman Thomas was running down the field with a WR?

I like this post because I basically agree. My feelings with more depth would say:

QB:
-Beathard proved he is a tough SOB who is certainly up to the task.
The offense:
-losing Staley definitely was a big difference maker in the game's outcome.
-Brieda was targeted all game long, and with a shabby right guard and Staley getting hurt, it's going to be hard to get the most out if our best back.
-Alfred Morris looks patient and smart, but really slow.
-wideouts, Garcon is looking pretty unreliable with his drops, I expect way more out of him, but Kendrick Bourne has been the main Wideout making plays whenever he gets to see the field.Kittle is so obviously our best pass catcher that, I'm starting to get ideas like, playing Bourne more, cutting Garcon, and signing another playmaker like Dez Bryant,especially since Pettis got hurt right away too.I am no GM,but this sounds really nice right now.

Defense:
Injuries to Sherman, Tartt, and Colbert have absolutely killed us. Exum looks like a Kam Chancellor type player, that has filled in well, but those injuries make us so vulnerable in the secondary.And seeing this many missed tackles has been frustrating. Either wrapping up is out of style now, or our defense isn't being disciplined during games.

We look good for a 1-3 team, we could be 4-0 but these small things have been exposing us.

Bethgod,Foster and Kittle were our best players today for sure.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
anyone wonder why Soloman Thomas was running down the field with a WR?

I saw that and was like... fire the DC.

Someone said it on Twitter, how do we have no pass rush with 3 1st round picks?

- Kittle is star bound
- Warner and Foster are a great duo inside
- McGlinchey has been a pleasant surprise so far

The coaching staff the jury is still out, Kyle is a great offensive mind but needs more polish

Saleh can go, i feel we need a vet DC to balance out Kyles youth like LA has

This was an encouraging loss, a loss always sucks but i saw marked improvement in areas that needed it badly. Some of those issues creeped back up (tackling specifically) but we also got screwed by a missed block in the back that may have killed LAs fame winning drive

One moew thing, we need to address the injury issue. We nay need to change something because i never seen a team this injured through 4 weeks. Its killing our chances to be competitive

Nice post, NY...and welcome to the zone! Completely agree with your points. From my perspective, the Niners win this game if Celek doesn't drop that ball on the goal line. He also had two costly penalties. This loss is on him. That being stated, the defense continues to show signs of a lack of discipline...and that is on the coaching staff.

The offense is showing real signs of growth, the defense is not. The most concerning thing to me is this....there is real talent on that defense and it looks as though it is not being developed. I agree with you that the team needs to hire a veteran defensive coach to help Saleh......and they didn't do that in the off-season. That is on Lynch and Shanny.

Cheers!
Another thought i had prior to the Pettis injury

Trade Garcon to New England or Dallas asap

I like him but were not competing for playoffs this year and hes sure to be gone next year

Let Richie James/Pettis/Bourne get more pt
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Another thought i had prior to the Pettis injury

Trade Garcon to New England or Dallas asap

I like him but were not competing for playoffs this year and hes sure to be gone next year

Let Richie James/Pettis/Bourne get more pt
Pettis might be seriously injured.
Share 49erswebzone