LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ KC CHIEFS 🏹 Pregame Thread - 2018 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ KC CHIEFS 🏹 Pregame Thread - 2018 Season Week 3

49ers 31 chefs. 21
I just have to post on page 49. Go 9ers.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Whenever you have to scheme pass rush against a high powered offense the results are rarely good.

But it's possible that the Chargers film will provide an advantage because Saleh can see how Reid attacked the Chargers defense which is a clone of the 9ers and can make sure he's prepared for how Reid will attack them tomorrow. Of course, the reverse can be true and Reid can use the Chargers game film to adjust his own attack in anticipation of how Saleh will attack his.

Chiefs defense isn't good so the 9ers could turn it into a slugfest and hope they get a couple more defensive stops than the what the Chiefs defense can muster.

Speaking of film...the one thing we will NOT have to face manana is the expert, in and out knowledge of their HC who used to be the DC of the Patriots...and subsequently, knew JimmyGs failings and high points. I am not saying that mattered significantly, but i do know it mattered somewhat. Not having the guy who watched you for 3 + yrs and drew up plans to make you fail...all on the PATS practice field...yes , it will be nice not having Patricia to deal with...esp as the HC of the Lions. So, yes, maybe they learned something about jimmy from film and yes we learned something about Mahomes from his film...but overall, i would much rather be facing a DC who didn't know me perfectly inside and out...than. I would be facing Patricia.

No one made much out of that, but watching jimmy get stymied, esp on those sacks....i would guess Patricia had something to do with that. So tomorrow, it is just a run of the mill DC who jimmy faces and i think he will play better because of it. Also, another week to work on the playbook and guys running the routes. I still think we win , but it is hard to imagine 45 points . Still it very well may be. 9ers 45-42 in a shoot out.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 22, 2018 at 9:00 PM ]
We need to win time of possession and the turnover battle. We win those and I think we have a good chance. Will be a hostile crowd. Also need to convert in 3rd down. Oh and the red zone too
Let's go Niners! I'll be happy with a valiant loss like in week 1.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ashelbash:
Due to people going sick at work i have somehow ended up doing a 16 hour shift (11pm through to 3pm sunday) and over here we kick off at 6pm. I refuse to miss Niners games so I will have been awake for like 36 hours straight by the time we start.

But we do what we gotta do to get behind the team.

A true fan! Unilke these pansies picking the Chiefs to win.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
9 hours till the ass whoopin. Better get to sleep.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Dedication and blind optimism is my style.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Whenever you have to scheme pass rush against a high powered offense the results are rarely good.

But it's possible that the Chargers film will provide an advantage because Saleh can see how Reid attacked the Chargers defense which is a clone of the 9ers and can make sure he's prepared for how Reid will attack them tomorrow. Of course, the reverse can be true and Reid can use the Chargers game film to adjust his own attack in anticipation of how Saleh will attack his.

Chiefs defense isn't good so the 9ers could turn it into a slugfest and hope they get a couple more defensive stops than the what the Chiefs defense can muster.

Speaking of film...the one thing we will NOT have to face manana is the expert, in and out knowledge of their HC who used to be the DC of the Patriots...and subsequently, knew JimmyGs failings and high points. I am not saying that mattered significantly, but i do know it mattered somewhat. Not having the guy who watched you for 3 + yrs and drew up plans to make you fail...all on the PATS practice field...yes , it will be nice not having Patricia to deal with...esp as the HC of the Lions. So, yes, maybe they learned something about jimmy from film and yes we learned something about Mahomes from his film...but overall, i would much rather be facing a DC who didn't know me perfectly inside and out...than. I would be facing Patricia.

No one made much out of that, but watching jimmy get stymied, esp on those sacks....i would guess Patricia had something to do with that. So tomorrow, it is just a run of the mill DC who jimmy faces and i think he will play better because of it. Also, another week to work on the playbook and guys running the routes. I still think we win , but it is hard to imagine 45 points . Still it very well may be. 9ers 45-42 in a shoot out.

The biggest thing Patricia had them do was get really grabby at the top of the routes and press early to keep the grabbiness constant throughout. Then, it looks like the WR and defender are fighting equally the whole time and it's hard to throw a flag. None of our wideouts made them pay consistently for it.
Go 49ers

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ashelbash:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Dedication and blind optimism is my style.

Share 49ersWebzone