There are 253 users in the forums

OL Shon Coleman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Welp not the trade we were all hoping for haha

Fowler trade?

na mack son.
I remember Shon Coleman holding his own against Myles Garrett at Auburn. I think it's a good pickup. Kyle saw a decent guard in Laken when no one else did. I trust his judgment.
  • dj43
Hue Jackson is still undecided on his OL. Moved Pro Bowl LG Joe Bitonio to LT to replace Joe Thomas and started Austin Corbett, the #33 pick in the draft in Bitonio's spot. Now he is talking about switching that back.

Coleman began camp competing for the LT spot but was moved back to the right side after Chris Hubbard was signed. Was going to be a backup there.

(from Cleveland sites)

Cleveland continues stockpiling picks. They have all their own picks next year plus a 3rd from NE and a conditional 7th from Jax and now the 49ers. Looks like they would rather roll the dice with what they have and bet on future picks.
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
He started every game at RT in 2017, but the fact that the Browns sold him so cheaply after the rather sudden retirement of the great Joe Thomas isn't the best endorsement. Maybe he's a better fit in the Niners' system? We will see.

They draft Corbett to play RT I believe and they pushed Bitonio to LT

Guy is tough. He spent two years fighting cancer. Came back and balled out for Auburn.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Fowler trade?

na mack son.

Give me Fowler and I'll be a happy man
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Guy is tough. He spent two years fighting cancer. Came back and balled out for Auburn.

Oh I like the move! My notification went off and I got jazzed up lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
I remember Shon Coleman holding his own against Myles Garrett at Auburn. I think it's a good pickup. Kyle saw a decent guard in Laken when no one else did. I trust his judgment.

Saw plenty of him run blocking out to the second level in Auburn's offense. He has good enough athleticism for the scheme. Might be a solid backup with some good coaching.
Coleman was a 3rd round pick and started every game at RT last season. Plays nasty, needs improvement on footwork. The Browns shifted him to LT to replace Joe Thomas but he was less comfortable there so by the time they agreed to move him back to RT, the position had already been filled He'll take over for Gilliam who has had concussion issues since the first game. Shon led the SEC in tackles each year as an offensive lineman for Auburn. He's 6'5", 310 and was popular among Browns fans. He has always played RT and they moved him as their best remaining tackle to LT to replace Thomas. Big mistake. It's like trying to write left handed. He'll be a very good backup and is an excellent run blocker. The guy spent two years fighting cancer and doesn't give up.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Aug 31, 2018 at 5:07 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hopefully it will workout the way it did for Tomlinson, change of scenery and coaches.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's how I remember him, thanks Phoenix!
Doesn't bode well for Gilliam. Seems like a good deal.
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Coleman was a 3rd round pick and started every game at RT last season. Plays nasty, needs improvement on footwork. The Browns shifted him to LT to replace Joe Thomas but he was less comfortable there so by the time they agreed to move him back to RT, the position had already been filled He'll take over for Gilliam who has had concussion issues since the first game. Shon led the SEC in tackles each year as an offensive lineman for Auburn. He's 6'5", 310 and was popular among Browns fans. He has always played RT and they moved him as their best remaining tackle to LT to replace Thomas. Big mistake. It's like trying to write left handed. He'll be a very good backup and is an excellent run blocker. The guy spent two years fighting cancer and doesn't give up.

Sounds like a backup to McG and not a swing tackle.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I have interest in dating Jennifer Lawrence.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I don't think you want pics of his 'interest'.
In before system
Share 49ersWebzone