LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

2018 49ers Preseason Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Any other pass rushers that anyone has seen listed as potential cuts from other teams? I know it's only preseason, but the Patriots put 8 sacks in their game against the Eagles. 8! The Broncos have Shane Ray, Shaquil Barrett and Jeff Holland (UDFA) all behind Miller and Chubb. Anyone else of interest we should be aware of? Looking for some hope with two weeks left in the preseason.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Any other pass rushers that anyone has seen listed as potential cuts from other teams? I know it's only preseason, but the Patriots put 8 sacks in their game against the Eagles. 8! The Broncos have Shane Ray, Shaquil Barrett and Jeff Holland (UDFA) all behind Miller and Chubb. Anyone else of interest we should be aware of? Looking for some hope with two weeks left in the preseason.

Hope for Ray, niners front office has a good relationship with Denver
Originally posted by danarez49:
Relax guys.. No game planning at ALL.. let's see what happens with the pass rush

Dude the guys on the edge regardless of scheme have one thing to do on passing downs....so far they've looked very poor.
DBs looked good.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I love the Niners dearly but this isnt a playoff team. I know people have high hopes but I think they are a year and few more good players away. 8-8

I think your underestimating them - a majority of the team is very solid. We should have a very good passing game. The running game is suspect, but should improve as the season goes on. Our front seven on defense is good. With the exception of a pass rush we should be ok in run defense. Our secondary is above average. So, overall the team is looking good in year two of the rebuild, IMO.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 20, 2018 at 9:18 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

We're just going to have to wait for the cuts coming up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Hope for Ray, niners front office has a good relationship with Denver

Maybe, something materializes, but don't put on too much hope for it.
edit
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone