LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

1st game of 2018 vs Minnesota Vikings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Oddly, the thing that hurts the worst is no Reuben.

This.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
I think we have a good chance to come out of this game with a moral victory. If we can avoid getting beat by more than 20, I think that's a win for us. Jimmy will have to keep his turnover count under 4 for that to happen though.

Lol.

Losing by anything more than 10 is a failure in my eyes.

The game coming down to the last drive is the only thing that would be a "moral victory" to me.

I think losing by less than 10 is a very tall order. The Vikings defense is no joke. I'm expecting something more like the moral victory we had against the Panthers last year.
I think losing by less than 10 is a very tall order. The Vikings defense is no joke. I'm expecting something more like the moral victory we had against the Panthers last year.

lmao....there were moral victories in that game?

The Jags defense was no joke last year either.
[ Edited by illinois9er on Aug 17, 2018 at 1:30 PM ]
Moral victory is a L in the loss column. No such thing as amoral victory. Kick rocks with that loser mentality
What kind of freakin fans already count this game as a loss? 😡😡😡😡😡
  • Stud
Vikings are up their, tops of the league. I see this as a loss. We have an insanely tough schedule to start the first part of the season.
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Honest and realistic fans. Its a fact that the vikings will win this game.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Honest and realistic fans. Its a fact that the vikings will win this game.

The word "fact" doesn't mean what you think it means.

That wasn't a moral victory. That was a straight-up L. But I think we all accepted things would take time.

For what it's worth, I'm expecting a 7-10 point loss against the Vikings. I have them winning the Super Bowl, and after Soprano's death they're going to go full-force in their home opener. I don't see us winning, but unlike the entire WZ I'm not going to panic about it.

I live in Minneapolis and my girlfriend and I will be at the game. It's the first 49ers game I've been to since 1992.

Found this at a thrift store here for $20 and I'll be wearing it in full force.

And I think we can win this game. The Vikings are good, but they're going to have some growing pains with Cousins and their O-line is still suspect.
[ Edited by linkboy on Aug 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM ]
We already lost?
It's a tough way to start the season, against a team some (e.g. on NFL radio) are predicting to win the NFC. Yet, the game will be no cakewalk for the Vikings, either. Every eligible player (49er) is a weapon, who can catch the ball and are fast. It will be a shootout. That bodes well for our side.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Aug 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Moral victory is a L in the loss column. No such thing as amoral victory. Kick rocks with that loser mentality

Thank you losing sucks period I expect a W anything less will be disappointing.
Cousins hasn't been the best week 1 QB. Hopefully that continues
Share 49ersWebzone