LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They did a good job finding spoon last year, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one that they found another gem
Originally posted by socalniner:
They did a good job finding spoon last year, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one that they found another gem

To be fair Spoon wasn't a gem. Most people knew about him.

Hoping Moore can play corner. I would've went in another direction but can't hate the pick.
Originally posted by genus49:
To be fair Spoon wasn't a gem. Most people knew about him.

Hoping Moore can play corner. I would've went in another direction but can't hate the pick.

Yeah spoon was a more known prospect (was also pretty raw). After Moore's Pro Day a lot of draft guys and scouts were running to checkout his flim. BR and NDT scouting brought him up quite a bit.

Just from what I saw he's meets all the requirements that like in their outside CBs and then some. He looks very fluid and has loose hips not really stiff at all. I don't think he's a FS either. Gonna be a prospect but a lot of guys with little experience turned out to be gems in the mid rds.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
So, what's the spin on this guy?

He'll make Dick Sherman expendable by mid-season?

SIAP

Gave up a TD early. After watching this can certainly see why he has more value at CB if he can make the transition. At Safety he doesn't play to his speed and hips can get turned around easily. Doesn't have the eye discipline or feel for route concepts to be an FS in Saleh's system right now.

But at corner you can see some potential, and he's not afraid to come up and make a tackle (he does lose vision and cause some missed tackles). Was surprised by the pick and then surprised again when they see CB but I'm glad they came out and said that because I think he's a much bigger project at FS than CB, fits the profile, I could see this one working out.

But I'll add, I don't think he's an NFL Safety.
[ Edited by jgarf08 on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:49 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
So, what's the spin on this guy?

He'll make Dick Sherman expendable by mid-season?

Quite possibly - don't know how Sherman's Achilles is going to respond. This kid might just snag it from him.
Originally posted by FrankPollack1994:

And that's what we're most likely looking at here. We're most likely never going to see Kyle Shanahan/John Lynch win a Super Bowl. Most likely, McGlinchey will be a Ross Verba-type starter. Most likely, Pettis will be nothing of note, like the types of receivers Baalke used to go for in the middle rounds. Most likely, Warner won't even start many games. Most likely, Moore will be a dud.

Well aren't you a bundle of joy.

You must be a real pleasure to be around.
He has the measurables, which is good, but the main question is whether he has the intelligence, temperament, and feel for the game to play CB at the NFL level, which only time -- and good coaching -- will tell. The Niners have had several CBs in recent years who had measurables and some production at the college level, but had temperaments of glass that ruined them, in the same way that well-trained and well-performing soldiers can suddenly snap from stress after too many hazardous missions, and become head cases who unable and unwilling to fight. Most recently, Rashard Robinson and Dontae Johnson.

Dunno if Tarvarius Moore was ever given a Wonderlic test, but it's interesting that the other picks so far have tested very high for their positions. Apparently the team regards whatever the Wonderlic suggests about players as something of value. Maybe it goes to coachability, comprehension, an ability to adjust. From his game film, he has a lot to learn, including how to quickly and consistently read plays, and stay focused. But the guy is definitely an athlete.

If Moore can somehow channel Richard Sherman's head and skills and remain fearless, he'll be a great acquisition.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Apr 28, 2018 at 7:30 AM ]
You know what this reminds me of? Culliver. We was a safety and converted into a corner and did solid. Hoping Moore can be more than solid (and not get burnt constantly in the super bowl.. and stay away from brass knuckles )

I like the pick, because he can back up Sherman for now, and also see the field at times when we have extra corners in. He's basically gonna be the replacement for Ward, when Ward leaves after this season. Having someone who can play corner and FS is good to have on your bench right now, especially when they could become a starter with some seasoning.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

And that's what we're most likely looking at here. We're most likely never going to see Kyle Shanahan/John Lynch win a Super Bowl. Most likely, McGlinchey will be a Ross Verba-type starter. Most likely, Pettis will be nothing of note, like the types of receivers Baalke used to go for in the middle rounds. Most likely, Warner won't even start many games. Most likely, Moore will be a dud.

Lol dude doesn't know what he's talking about...Pettis has Stefon Diggs written all over him. McGlinchey while I didn't like the pick makes sense with Brown moved. Better scheme fit (I can admit it) Moore is a athletic freak and could transition to CB like a lot of players have.

Warner has amazing football IQ and character...dude looked like a natural at WILL during the senior bowl.

Just because kiper doesn't talk about all these guys doesn't mean they suck
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Lol dude doesn't know what he's talking about...Pettis has Stefon Diggs written all over him. McGlinchey while I didn't like the pick makes sense with Brown moved. Better scheme fit (I can admit it) Moore is a athletic freak and could transition to CB like a lot of players have.

Warner has amazing football IQ and character...dude looked like a natural at WILL during the senior bowl.

Just because kiper doesn't talk about all these guys doesn't mean they suck

we should stop quoting this guy lol. he doesn't need the attention.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
we should stop quoting this guy lol. he doesn't need the attention.

Yes, it is a burner troll account only. Like 10 posts, probably all in these threads. Either a rival fan, butt hurt Seahawk fan or one of the known trolls alias. Insta-hide when I see that.
The negativity is so real

The dude is freaky athletic, let's see what he's got
Share 49ersWebzone