There are 270 users in the forums

49ers Secondary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
HOPEFULLY COLBERT HAS A BOUNCE BACK SEASON
With injuries to the Dline piling up...I'm afraid the secondary will become more exposed. It was already the weak link of the defense and that will only be highlighted with the demise of the Dline .. How do we address this?
Originally posted by jays9ers:
With injuries to the Dline piling up...I'm afraid the secondary will become more exposed. It was already the weak link of the defense and that will only be highlighted with the demise of the Dline .. How do we address this?

A little too late now. Should have addressed it in the off season. I mean bringing back Dontae Johnson does nothing.

Hell, if anything make Jimmie play CB again if we have to. Spoon has no confidence and Moseley is average at best.
Lol am I the only one that thinks Moseley is a good cornerback?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Lol am I the only one that thinks Moseley is a good cornerback?

I like Mosley. He always seems to be in position to make a play, but he doesn't always make it. Sherman is great at reading the field but can't hang man to man like he use to. We need a true playmaker in the secondary.
  • thl408
Saleh still played his CBs as field/boundary without Sherman in the lineup. Saleh said that he does this because the field CB plays with more vision. The field CB vs NYJ was Spoon.
Wat?
Originally posted by 951NINER:
A little too late now. Should have addressed it in the off season. I mean bringing back Dontae Johnson does nothing.

Hell, if anything make Jimmie play CB again if we have to. Spoon has no confidence and Moseley is average at best.

I kinda like this idea and move Sherm to safety.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by 951NINER:

I kinda like this idea and move Sherm to safety.

Spoon & Johnson are straight
Our secondary is s**t... just stating the obvious

Shanahan expects Verrett to practice this week.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Counting on a guy who can't stay healthy to survive Met Life....
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Counting on a guy who can't stay healthy to survive Met Life....

Jason Verrett
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Sep 21, 2020 at 2:18 PM ]
Ward had a really s**tty game.
  • thl408
Quite a thread bump but it serves the purpose.

With Tartt testing free agency, there's a chance he might not come back. If not, then there's a open spot at safety where Hufanga would be the starter if the season started today. Tarvarious Moore would throw his hat into the mix assuming he's recovered from his Achilles, but he doesn't instill confidence. I don't think the 49ers make any kind of splash signing here (Honeybadger), but should they throw a vet into the mix? It's a short list of affordable, capable safeties.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/safety/available/
Share 49ersWebzone