LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 265 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Max McCaffrey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I Know he can play ST, and I harp on this a bit. For the life of me I can't understand why they won't pull up DeAndre Smelter. He's fast , slimmed down been in this offense all season he's a phenomenal blocker being at Georgia Tech. I mean why even have him on the practice squad if you constantly looking for outside help?

If he is a wast of space then cut him loose. Bring him up an let him play!

He was asked to run like 3 routes at GT. They might be hoping to develop him on the PS but he clearly isn't ready yet.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Smart, high motor, high character guy, football player, overachiever, tough, good hands

copy paste for every white receiver

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I hope Kyle can develop this guy. Then again, undrafted... maybe not.

Good teams develop wide receivers, drafted or not.

Adam Thielen is balling out of control.

He's great
We are turning into the patriots and I like it
Smart, high motor, high character guy, football player, overachiever, tough, good hands

gym rat, film junkie, great sportsmanship, hi football IQ, great in the locker room...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by Niners99:

You cant be a white football player and not get compared to other white guys. Every white LB is Zach Thomas.

Luke Kuechly?

Brian Urlacher

Chris Borland?

Bill (douchebag) Romanowski
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

gym rat, film junkie, great sportsmanship, hi football IQ, great in the locker room...

LMAO!
First one in, last one out
LYNCH is AWESOME. By placing another player on injured reserve and getting McAffrey off of GB's practice squad, he will be under contract next year for the 49ers. I like it. McAfrey is smart, a KR, and ran a 4.36. I actually truly dig this signing.

Never can have enough pass catchers now that we have a qb that knows how to spread the ball out. The Pats never get to their bottom of the roster because they rotate players. I envision the 9ers rotating players giving them all experience.

Go Lynch
Go Shannaha

Draft is one thing, but Sheldon Day, Jimmy G, Max McAffrey, The pass rusher from Seattle, gotta love the mid season pick ups. Constantly getting better.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's our Jordy Nelson.

somebody been around here awhile
Originally posted by Waterbear:
We are turning into the patriots and I like it

Seriously lol. So we got Jimmy Brady, Trent Ammendola and now Max Hogan. George Gronkoski??
"So Jimmy, how can we make your stay in SF more comfortable in the short term?"

"You got some more white receivers?"
He seems like the kind of guy to be sneakily athletic too
Share 49ersWebzone