There are 131 users in the forums

Drops

Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
29 drops actually seems low to me. I would have guessed more.

LOL. The NY Jets had the most last year for a full season....30.

We were 2nd in drop rate last year too...3rd in drops with 24.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 6, 2017 at 6:06 AM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So remarkable, it literally needs it's own thread count.

nope. shanahan's fault.

We're also throwing 50 times a game because we're always behind. Then again, you could say we're always behind because these guys can't do their job AND CATCH THE DANG BALL. Take away one crucial drop per game and no doubt we have at least one win by now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

nope. shanahan's fault.

We're also throwing 50 times a game because we're always behind. Then again, you could say we're always behind because these guys can't do their job AND CATCH THE DANG BALL. Take away one crucial drop per game and no doubt we have at least one win by now.

nope. shanahan's fault.

nope. shanahan's fault.

This...and it's not just the quantity, it's the quality. Critical drops in the RZ and EZ and so many on 3rd downs that killed drives and momentum or missed out on FG opportunities.

nope. shanahan's fault.

This...and it's not just the quantity, it's the quality. Critical drops in the RZ and EZ and so many on 3rd downs that killed drives and momentum or missed out on FG opportunities.

too bad we cut kerley
too bad we cut kerley

I'd be nice to have him now with Trent out.
Get rid of the Kittle and Taylor. those dudes are worthless
too bad we cut kerley

I'd be nice to have him now with Trent out.

Not with Kerley's upcoming suspension for PED usage according to the NY Post.
Goodwin seems to drop passes that could extend drives at least twice a game, feels that way anyway
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Top priorities for the off-season:

1. Rebuild the O-line.
2. Find receivers who can catch the m***********g ball.

just ridiculous every single week. Big drops too...game changing drops...we are talking ones that are beyond the sticks forcing us to punt type of drops
Originally posted by mayo49:
Goodwin has got speed and everything, but the guy can't catch a cold.

Seems like most of these deep threat guys have the 50/50 hands. When you can find guys who can go deep and catch the ball...then you get something special.

But I feel like this year it's just some major bad luck all around. George Kittle who was super reliable is having his share of drops. Even Garcon had a couple which is way abnormal for him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Occasional drops are one thing but what we're seeing here, now is an epidemic. What can the coaching staff do to stymie this?
Originally posted by jcs:
Occasional drops are one thing but what we're seeing here, now is an epidemic. What can the coaching staff do to stymie this?

emphasize the pass-catching football machine. emphasize the f**k out of it.

but you can't simulate an actual game.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Nov 6, 2017 at 7:53 AM ]
Well, I already posted this in the Photoshop thread, but it seems apppropriate ...
Share 49erswebzone