There are 163 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Patriots fans replying to a discussion about Garoppolo's 49ers introduction.

This hurts. It finally hit me. The 49ers just got a really f**king good QB.

He's so f**king handsome :(

They are going to absolutely love this guy there. Talented QB with California looks. He's going to kill it in San Fran. Godspeed Jimmy

Hell Brady's probably excited to get to cheer for the 9ers again

Idk who would bring all these onions to a simple welcome party

Man. This puts it into perspective. In some sense, it's weird. Jimmy gets the chance to live out the dream Brady never did.

:( I didn't think I'd be sad to see him go but I am. Good luck Goatrapollo and I look forward to watching him smash the Shehawks

Just looking a Jimmy G as a QB in relation to top of the Draft college guys. What would you give to have a guy with 3 years experience in a pro system and show what he's shown on film. In my mind he is with out question a more enticing qb prospect then any QB taking on the 3 years with a nod given to Winston and Wentz.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 31, 2017 at 6:39 PM ]
Originally posted by slowriot:

That's what the stands look like during gameday
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by slowriot:

That's what the stands look like during gameday

"Are we done taking pictures? It's hot as f*ck up here"
Originally posted by Niners816:
Just looking a Jimmy G as a QB in relation to top of the Draft college guys. What would you give to have a guy with 3 years experience in a pro system and show what he's shown on film. In my mind he is with out question a more enticing qb prospect then any QB taking on the 3 years with a nod given to Winston and Wentz.

I would love a discussion thread on this from all the draft experts. The "pro style" is key to Kyle's needs too. Great point.
http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/showthread.php?234403-Jimmy-G-is-a-49er&s=20eaee9c83c58c123b324ecd8d00a8c4

didn't want Jimmy G anyway. I don't think we would be any better with him and is still a prospect. The 49'ers might be worse than us. Good fcking luck.
Cousins would be a different deal for me. He's a legit top ten QB and he see's the whole field. I would give a #1 pick for Cousins today

Halfway through the season already, so by the time Jimmy G shows some potential with his new team, the team has to decide on a long term contract that could bite them in the ass.
No thanks at this point in the season.
Maybe back in March, but not in late October.
-Al

Garropolo is not, is not worth a 2nd. He hasn't proven a thing. Besides, who's he gonna throw to?
Originally posted by NCommand:

I would love a discussion thread on this from all the draft experts. The "pro style" is key to Kyle's needs too. Great point.

In a weird way, Jimmy G went to a graduate school that gave him big time football experience and pro style experience. If he would have had these things with his skills he's a top pick in the draft type QB.

In a weird way, Jimmy G went to a graduate school that gave him big time football experience and pro style experience. If he would have had these things with his skills he's a top pick in the draft type QB.

That was my pitch-scenario to fans unhappy with the pick. If he was coming out of the draft today, would you take him with your second? Of course you would. In fact, where would he stack up in this 2018 QB class?
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 31, 2017 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/showthread.php?234403-Jimmy-G-is-a-49er&s=20eaee9c83c58c123b324ecd8d00a8c4

didn't want Jimmy G anyway. I don't think we would be any better with him and is still a prospect. The 49'ers might be worse than us. Good fcking luck.
Cousins would be a different deal for me. He's a legit top ten QB and he see's the whole field. I would give a #1 pick for Cousins today

Halfway through the season already, so by the time Jimmy G shows some potential with his new team, the team has to decide on a long term contract that could bite them in the ass.
No thanks at this point in the season.
Maybe back in March, but not in late October.
-Al

Garropolo is not, is not worth a 2nd. He hasn't proven a thing. Besides, who's he gonna throw to?

LOL at all the bitter Browns fans. Had they traded for Garoppolo they would all be psyched as hell right now.

That was my pitch-scenario to fans unhappy with the pick. If he was coming out of the draft today, would you take him with your second? Of course you would. In fact, where would he stack up in this 2018 QB class?

I agree, but there is a difference. You control a high draft pick for 80 games on a rookie contract. We control Garoppolo for 8 games.
I'm psyched as hell right now.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BOI49er:
I agree, but there is a difference. You control a high draft pick for 80 games on a rookie contract. We control Garoppolo for 8 games.

c'mon. you know that's not true.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Yeah but you're drafting that guy without them having taken a single NFL snap. You're never quite sure what you are getting. Garoppolo certainly isn't guaranteed but he's got 3 1/2 years of NFL development under his belt, has played in games against actual NFL defenses and you've been able to evaluate him on film, both in preseason and regular season and how he runs an NFL offense, not a generic college offense.

More expensive but I think you have a better overall idea of what you're getting in the player. He's also likely going to be ready to step in play at a high level than most QB's that come out in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL at all the bitter Browns fans. Had they traded for Garoppolo they would all be psyched as hell right now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/31/browns-trade-for-aj-mccarron-reportedly-fails-because-team-too-busy-celebrating-it/?utm_term=.bd0dd18e5374

and with this happening, I cant understand how these fans can stay loyal
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Oct 31, 2017 at 7:12 PM ]
They dodged a bullet on McCarron. A rare time where incompetence pays off.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If that's the case if I'm the bengals I call other teams first if they're interested in mccarron and trade him to the other team after the browns wanna play stupid and throw me under the bus.

trade deadline is over bro. that's why the browns didn't get him.

Talking about offseason bruh
Share 49ersWebzone