2 weeks...0 TDs!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Kap ain't looking so bad after all huh?

He's looking just fine unemployed.

Lol. I think Kaep would've sealed the coffin for us before halftime. I don't think he wouldve been an improvement over Hoyer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh, and this moral victory crap. we went to seattle and it was ok to lose as long as we did not get blown out. is almost as bad as its ok to go to a super bowl and lose... that s**t is for suckers and losers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Some positives this week on Offense.

Week 1 - 56 yards rushing

Week 2 - 159 yards rushing

Week 1 - 193 yards passing
Week 2 - 99 yards passing

how can anyone put a positive spin on those passing yards. and no touchdowns in two games. oh thats right,. if we question the regime. we are trolls
The talent of the starters on offense this year are not much better than last year. Of the 4 offensive draft picks, one is starting (TE) and the other sees a play of two here or there (Taylor). Lynch removed the bandaids that Trent Baalke put on with his own brand of bandaids. Not fixing this until they draft AND PLAY offensive talent. Trent Baalke would draft players and they would never see the field. Need a big draft on offense next year (WRs, QB, RB) and put these guys on the field, otherwise we'll see pretty much of the same - more free agent bandaids.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
The plays are there to be had, execution is poor. I'd much rather have it this way with the understanding that Brian Hoyer is not in our long term plans and the OL will be addressed instead of the other way around with a new HC/OC.

This system will work and work very well once we have a QB who can actually see a pro bowl MLB on the field. Hell it doesn't help when Hoyer actually makes good throws we have guys(or should I say guy) dropping them.

The reason we have 0 points on the board aren't due to Shanahan. They're mostly due to Hoyer and Goodwin and the interior OL play. We'll be fine long term.
Open your eyes the rookie GM/HC/OC may not be running the plays but he's not doing his team any favors with play calls they clearly can't execute.

They are also coming in unprepared and that's on his HC hat.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

nope. looks fine

cutler is the one we let get away . ok... what do we have after a s**tty pre season showing and this horse s**t in two games in which at least chip kellys offense did better... we were all told how awesome the new coaches were,. we finally had a qb who would thrive in a system, we upgraded the wide outs. blah blah blah. we want youth and that is why we dumped kerley for the guy who can not catch a cold.. oh and i do not want to hear the excuse... but but. we played good defenses. shanny coaches scared. we have a garbage qb. line that never pass protects. do we have wide outs... who the hell knows.. they never get targeted and when they do they drop passes. the tight ends have been invisible. and despite how woes in the last two years.. we have always found a way to score touchdowns. i know many worship the ground lynch and shanny walk on but the first niner team to not score touchdowns in two games is beyond pathetic. and this thursday the rams have a fine defensive coordinator.. you people just go right on with its a process. rome was not built in a day. its ok cuz we will fix it all next year. shanny and lynch are sexy. they give good interviews. this is sickening

shanny coaches scared? going for it on 4th down multiple times last week is scared? lmao. shanny is an aggressive play-caller and is known for that. you have no idea what you're talking about.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by SFrush:

He's looking just fine unemployed.

Lol. I think Kaep would've sealed the coffin for us before halftime. I don't think he wouldve been an improvement over Hoyer.

Kap*
Originally posted by aarchambo:
SMH! The playing calling and execution have been questionable at best.
Guess we're not that far removed from being a 2-14 team while adjusting to a completely new offensive system. Shocker there. What moron actually expected we would have an offensive juggernaut, let alone a cohesive unit in (week two of) year one? That being said this team is not good enough to have a QB miss wide open receivers or receivers drop the rare well thrown ball. Zero touchdowns does not mean the opportunities were non-existent. It's deliberately called a rebuild for a reason guys. We don't have permanent fixtures at some of the most important positions. Some of which are needed to score touchdowns.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Some positives this week on Offense.

Week 1 - 56 yards rushing

Week 2 - 159 yards rushing

Week 1 - 193 yards passing
Week 2 - 99 yards passing

how can anyone put a positive spin on those passing yards. and no touchdowns in two games. oh thats right,. if we question the regime. we are trolls

I'm not worried though. I trust Lynch and Shanahan. I never expected us to be playoff bound. I don't need instant gratification. And it's 2 games.

I mean what were your expectations? 600 passing yards by week 2, with a 2-0 record, vs Carolina and Seattle? For the offense to immediately click and "get" kyles system, with Hoyer as QB?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
shanny coaches scared? going for it on 4th down multiple times last week is scared? lmao. shanny is an aggressive play-caller and is known for that. you have no idea what you're talking about.

that is dumb in my opinion. jr is in over his head, and it is obvious the team is not ready to play the game. whose fault is that?,, the sun when we are at home,, the refs when we are on the road.

If we go the whole season without scoring any TDs, does Jed force Shanny to hire an OC? Has a team ever gone an entire season without scoring a single TD? I can't imagine that it has happened before. It's seeming more and more likely we will be the first.
Guys, you're not being realistic. Hoyer is a backup QB,not a starter. Marquise isn't a franchise WR. Except for Carlos Hyde and a few others, nobody on that starting lineup is gonna beat Seattle. It's a miracle and testament to the defense, that yesterday wasn't a blowout. We don't have a franchise quarterback or a franchise wide receiver yet.

that is dumb in my opinion. jr is in over his head, and it is obvious the team is not ready to play the game. whose fault is that?,, the sun when we are at home,, the refs when we are on the road.

you dont make any sense or just know nothing about our roster or anything about kyle and his system.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you dont make any sense or just know nothing about our roster or anything about kyle and his system.
i go by what i see which is 0-2 and the worst offense in the nfl. shanny excuses not withstanding.. your user name fits you good has the team been ready to play. no.. whose fault is that? give me a break about " kyle" and his system... there are so many little things wrong with this team that has nothing to do with system.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Guys, you're not being realistic. Hoyer is a backup QB,not a starter. Marquise isn't a franchise WR. Except for Carlos Hyde and a few others, nobody on that starting lineup is gonna beat Seattle. It's a miracle and testament to the defense, that yesterday wasn't a blowout. We don't have a franchise quarterback or a franchise wide receiver yet.

then why the hell did they not sign a cutler and why did they let kerley go in favor of "marquise". did they even try to call for a pass play longer than 12 yards.
Share 49ersWebzone